The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:39 am

Probably targeted to West coast or SoCal - but $10 off $50 at Coachella
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I can't even load offers on AU card with a different name -- get an error message that the account already has the offer loaded. I'm not sure yet if that applies to all offers or only to those with that specific AU exclusion.
Originally Posted by Happy
Same here. I am surprised some people can still add identical offer to AU card.

One time AMEX even crawled back a credit on a Primary card when another Primary card had the same offer and earned the credit. A call to AMEX the supervisor agreed that should not be crawled back. She initiated a billing dispute. Eventually took another call to get it back.
Interesting. I have always been able to add to AU cards and never had an issue with them not posting both credits. Got 2 emails when I used the offer but only one credit has shown up. Considering they are different card numbers and different log ins that is pretty irritating if they have changed this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It took 2 months for the $25 Sams $45 new membership offer to post.
Signed up online on 01/31. Charge billed on 02/03.
Statement credit posted 04/04.
After 4 weeks had passed, i did a chat which generated an "escalation". He said would got result in 3 to 5 biz days.
After another 2 weeks passed nothing happened, I did another chat. Rep claimed he tried to manually issue it but got back error message as in "this transaction was not eligible". He gave me a phone number to call and talk to Customer Digital Team.
Called that number got an India based supervisor who once again opened an escalation, but said the escalation team was overwhelmed. Plus the term is credit posts 90 days after offer ends. (Honestly I have not noticed that)
A few more weeks passed and the credit finally posted. The duration is 2 months - the longest time to receive a statement credit I think for any offer that does not have widespread glitch like the PayPal one in the past.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Best Western, spend $100, get $20, expires 6/30, on my Plat and EDP
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Anyone seeing delays in Amex offers credits? Still waiting for Air France one from April 3. Entertainment credits posted on time last week as did the pending march monthly credits.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Acid
Anyone seeing delays in Amex offers credits? Still waiting for Air France one from April 3. Entertainment credits posted on time last week as did the pending march monthly credits.
There were others who posted theirs have been delayed too. But, yes many (offers and benefit credits), are longer than usual in posting. Give it 2 weeks at least.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Yes also waiting for the $200 Air France credit from April 1. The Amex phone agent quoted 7-10 business days, then 15-20 business days but also said it could take up to 90 days according to the fine print. My $30 Turo credit on the other hand posted in 10 calendar days.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
....up to 90 days ....
This suggests that Air France is approving the credits, and does not mean that unrelated credits will post slowly.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
This suggests that Air France is approving the credits, and does not mean that unrelated credits will post slowly.
I really doubt AF gets to approve these. I got the Great news email right away....I know there were delays in March, but those were sorted last week....
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:10 am
Community Director Emerita

Marriott, spend $250, $50 off, expires 6/30/22. On my blue biz AMEX and personal Gold AMEX. Have yet to find on any of my husband's myriad AMEX cards.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Marriott, spend $250, $50 off, expires 6/30/22. On my blue biz AMEX and personal Gold AMEX. Have yet to find on any of my husband's myriad AMEX cards.
I have this on only 1 card but have the spend $500 get $100 on certain M hotels on ALL my cards.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by zebranz
I have this on only 1 card but have the spend $500 get $100 on certain M hotels on ALL my cards.
I have the Marriot International Luxury Brands, $100 off $500 and the regular Marriott one for $50 off $250. Got both of them on all my cards including Delta Amex.

*The Luxury offer only includes W Hotels, JW Marriot, Ritz Carlton, St Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection in the US/US Territories, Canada and Mexico.

*The Regular offer includes all Marriott properties in Canada/US/Mexico... EXCEPT Ritz Carlton, St Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, JW Marriott, Marriot Vacation Club, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Homes &Villas and Vistana.
Happy likes this.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Apr 15, 2022 at 9:39 am
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:43 am

Walmart, $10 off $40 up to 2 times (total $20). Expires 5/31/2022 (on platinum)

*online or mobile app purchases for pickup or delivery.
*purchases of Walmart Memberships are excluded
*US walmart site only and deliveries only in the USA
*Excludes bulk gift cards
*Excludes in-store payments
*Excludes monthly subscriptions like from the pharmacy or beauty box
MaxVO likes this.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Apr 15, 2022 at 9:45 am Reason: added additional exclusions
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Originally Posted by zebranz
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I have the Marriot International Luxury Brands, $100 off $500 and the regular Marriott one for $50 off $250. Got both of them on all my cards including Delta Amex.

*The Luxury offer only includes W Hotels, JW Marriot, Ritz Carlton, St Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection in the US/US Territories, Canada and Mexico.

*The Regular offer includes all Marriott properties in Canada/US/Mexico... EXCEPT Ritz Carlton, St Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, JW Marriott, Marriot Vacation Club, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Homes &Villas and Vistana.
I got both of these offers on my Bonvoy Brilliant! Brilliant idea, AMEX!!!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Cumulative spend to reach discount threshold

I should know this for as long as I've been using AMEX offers, but does cumulative spend to meet a spending threshold for a discount work, or does the charge have to be in one transaction? I want to use the recent Marriott Luxury brands promo to spend $500 and get $100 back over two separate stays. The T&C don't spell this out clearly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.