Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Amex Offers USA (2022)

Originally Posted by Zorak
In my past experiences no more than a few minutes, so this sounds like a more severe/fundamental problem...
Originally Posted by blitzen
For my last few cards it always showed 100+ offers that were added to other cards for a few days after opening. Didn’t try them all but most I knew were prior added and others I was told after trying to add them.
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Yeah, this (or something similar) has been happening for a couple months. We were just discussing here a couple weeks ago (starting Post#2590, I think) On my account I get "Sorry about that! The offer you selected has already been added to one of your Cards." However, the offer remains on the Available side.
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I never saw any error promos.
I have never seen this before, but the problem was automatically corrected as of yesterday. It seemed like there was a lag of several days. Very weird...
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Caught that American Home Shield home warranty was just added: $50 back on $150 spend.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Saw the following offer on my account "Spend $15,000+, get 7,500 Membership Rewards® points. Up to 3 times". However, when I try to add offer I got a msg - "sorry offer already added to another account". I checked my other accounts and nowhere was the offer added. I checked my accounts and nowhere is this offer added. Infact this is the first I am actually seeing the offer. Can I call Amex to have added to my account (Plat)?

Last edited by jamflyer; Jan 4, 2022 at 9:02 am
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by jamflyer
... Can I call Amex to have added to my account (Plat)?
It wouldn't hurt to complain about this annoying issue. In the past AmEx agents were not able to override the IT site programming. They can sometimes extend the offer via a note on your account. In this case it may not be practical, as it would require lots of work for you and agents to manually add up and collect on this offer.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Saw the following offer on my account "Spend $15,000+, get 7,500 Membership Rewards® points. Up to 3 times". However, when I try to add offer I got a msg - "sorry offer already added to another account". I checked my other accounts and nowhere was the offer added. I checked my accounts and nowhere is this offer added. Infact this is the first I am actually seeing the offer. Can I call Amex to have added to my account (Plat)?
That's not a bad offer! Too bad I don't have it on my Platinum!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:27 pm

I get that this is a Biz card offer but...I mean, come on!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lax01
I get that this is a Biz card offer but...I mean, come on!
That's a horrible offer. Two thumbs down!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by lsquare
That's a horrible offer. Two thumbs down!
That's putting it mildly!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Gotta say, that offer at 1/4 to 1/3 point extra per dollar spent is pretty bad, but the 7,500 pts for $15,000 previously mentioned isn't that much better...at 1/2 points extra per dollar with a huge spend to get it. I've had a couple of these this past year and ignored them...I would only meet it by accident.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Mine is spend $28,500 get 7,500 MR up to 3x (within 90 days of adding the offer). It’s been sitting on 2 of my biz plats for 2 months and I haven’t added it. It was set to expire this month… it now expires 12/31/22.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by fredc84
but the 7,500 pts for $15,000 previously mentioned isn't that much better...
I fail to see how this is a bad offer, atleast for me. In this case I would do nothing differently to get an additional 7.5k MR point.

Last edited by jamflyer; Jan 5, 2022 at 5:34 am
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I fail to see how this is a bad offer, atleast for me. In this case I would do nothing differently to get an additional 7.5k MR point.
I had a similar offer recently that I used to make some payments that wouldn't have earned much more on any other card.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
If you are already spending on the card and will already hit the targets, sure. But if you have to move spending from somewhere else (where supposedly you are getting better returns), then why would you switch spending to a card for a 1/2 point extra per dollar?

Last edited by fredc84; Jan 5, 2022 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Caught that American Home Shield home warranty was just added: $50 back on $150 spend.
I wouldn't do AHS if they gave me $1000! Horrible horrible company!
renila, hotturnip and DJ_Iceman like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:43 pm

7500 points for $14000.00 spend x 3

Pardon me if this is discussed elsewhere.

Personal Plat card

I just received 7500 points for $14,000 spend. I also received an email saying I can earn the same 2 more times.

Anyone know what this promo is? Is it a 2022 specific.

I can't find any reference to it anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.