FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Does this feel like coupon clipping to anyone?
renila likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
There's no obligation to use Amex Offers if you don't want to. If they line up with planned spending, who's going to say, no I wouldn't like some of my money back?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
So? And doesn't earning miles and points feel like earning Blue Chip or S&H Green Stamps?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
So? And doesn't earning miles and points feel like earning Blue Chip or S&H Green Stamps?
S&H, I remember licking those stamps.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
S&H Green Stamps! THAT'S IT! The perfect parallel!
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Actually these are instant $ credits so the stamps/miles compare doesn’t really apply. They have helped me justify high annual fees the past 2-3 years
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
S&H Green Stamps?😩😭🤣 You win the internet!
Eastbay1K and hotturnip like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:20 pm

On the Marriott $50 off $250 anyone confirm it came off two separate stays? Wording sounds like that, and getting gift cards can be a hassle.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Peridot83
On the Marriott $50 off $250 anyone confirm it came off two separate stays? Wording sounds like that, and getting gift cards can be a hassle.
The terms on mine say "... one or more purchases" which seems pretty definitive.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Actually these are instant $ credits so the stamps/miles compare doesn’t really apply. They have helped me justify high annual fees the past 2-3 years
You misunderstand. The Green Stamps parallel is to collecting miles, not to the discount offers.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
The terms on mine say "... one or more purchases" which seems pretty definitive.
it now says that with every offer it appears. That said, it hasn't worked for every offer for me. Is this a recent change? Just a change in wording? It used to be 'in one transaction' with far and few in-between that allowed multiple purchases. I looked my current offers and they now all say 'one or more' ... would be great of that was true ...
Old Feb 5, 2022, 4:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
....Is this a recent change?
No, the advertiser chooses single or multiple transaction.

chrisny2 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Delta Airlines: Spend $300 or more, get $100 back
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300+ in one or more transactions direct with Delta Air Lines by 5/31/2022. Flight must originate in the U.S. and purchase must be in USD. See terms.

GCs are excluded as usual, but sometimes the offers work anyway. Figured I'd post to see if anyone has tried it yet?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
Delta Airlines: Spend $300 or more, get $100 back
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300+ in one or more transactions direct with Delta Air Lines by 5/31/2022. Flight must originate in the U.S. and purchase must be in USD. See terms.

GCs are excluded as usual, but sometimes the offers work anyway. Figured I'd post to see if anyone has tried it yet?
I did two in December (on different cards) and now have another spend $400 get $100 (expiring 3.31.22). I bought gift cards and did receive the credit.
Gig103 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I have the Verizon $75 off $75 offer on several cards. I procrastinated to use it and they expire in a week. Can anyone please tell me if they work on gcs? A search in this thread didn't bring up any results. Yesterday, I bought a $75 gc on one of the cards that had the offer and it did not trigger the email you normally get when you use an offer. I know that doesn't mean that I will or won't get the credit but it makes me apprehensive to buy gcs on additional cards. If me more comfortable doing so if that offer email from Amex had come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.