Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Best I’ve seen so far is 50% of FedEx shipping up to $1,000 back.

I am upgrading my home theater and selling all of my speakers so this will definitely save me a couple hundred in shipping.

ANNNNND!!! It’s on my 2xMR Business Blue Cash, to boot!
renila likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
$50 off of $250 Marriott, available on Plat/Gold/Green/Brilliant. Note that it’s on “one or more” purchases.

I got this (main cardholder) and wife got it as well (additional cardholder) on our plats. We made good use of these offers last year too…got $50x3 back last year. Expiry is March, so maybe we can use that again…not traveling much right now, but hopefully.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Well, CRAP! I had the offer for $250 spend at Marriott - get $50 back. I clicked away from the Platinum to see if it was on my Brilliant and it wasn't, so I clicked by to Platinum and IT WAS GONE! Just that quick, IT WAS GONE!

Has anyone else seen this happen before?
Gig103 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Perhaps the offer disappeared because it was inadvertently added to your Platinum card?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by mia
This will not directly answer your question, but may be useful:

Macy's Wine Shop, Martha Stewart Wine, and Wine Insiders are the same company. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...t32567931.html

As far as I know, Naked Wines is unrelated and has a different business model.

Many of the wine brands which periodically advertise through Offers are owned by the same holding company. This does NOT mean it is the same wine in the bottle, only that it is a corporate decision to use the marketing channel. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29925429-post29.html
Early last year when I had Macy's and Wine Insiders offers (Spend $30+, get back $30, 3x up to $90), I spent $90+ on wine on a single purchase and received $90 back.

This year, when I made a similar $90+ purchase, I only got $30 back (instead of $90). Admittedly, I didn't read the fine print on both offers, but anyone know what is expected and if there's some verbiage I should look for so it doesn't happen again?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:49 am

Need to do a 15k spend on my new business platinum card ( 150K MR)- have offer to add an employee and get 20k( MR) after $4k spend on employee card

"IF" add a green card (no fee) for employee and I DO $11K on plat AND EMPLOYEE DOES $4K total will be 15k will I get total 170k?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by SPLP007
Need to do a 15k spend on my new business platinum card ( 150K MR)- have offer to add an employee and get 20k( MR) after $4k spend on employee card

"IF" add a green card (no fee) for employee and I DO $11K on plat AND EMPLOYEE DOES $4K total will be 15k will I get total 170k?
I'm pretty sure that yes because AU spend counts toward the spend for the SUB. I also think I read in another thread that someone did this but I can't remember for sure.

The offer to get 20k points for $4k spend on employee cards should say that you can earn up to 100k points which means you can do it for 5 additional cards. So you can add 5 employees and spend $20k across only those cards and ultimately you should get 250k points.

I wish I had this offer on my new Plat Biz card, I'd be more than happy to test it for you, but not showing for me.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
I'm pretty sure that yes because AU spend counts toward the spend for the SUB. I also think I read in another thread that someone did this but I can't remember for sure.

The offer to get 20k points for $4k spend on employee cards should say that you can earn up to 100k points which means you can do it for 5 additional cards. So you can add 5 employees and spend $20k across only those cards and ultimately you should get 250k points.

I wish I had this offer on my new Plat Biz card, I'd be more than happy to test it for you, but not showing for me.
I think I also saw the same on another thread that employee card counts --can anyone direct me to the thread
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by SPLP007
I think I also saw the same on another thread that employee card counts --can anyone direct me to the thread
Try checking here. I didn't have a chance to re- read to see if it's there, but if you don't find it maybe it was in the previous year's thread or the personal thread.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by levilevi
Has anyone gotten the $20 back after $45 new membership offer without manual intervention? Its been 3 weeks - terms say wait wait wait ... but seeing reports on FM and DOC that even Amex reps on phone/chat are sorta dragging feet
Originally Posted by Jatan
Pending charge will show "SAMS CLUB" -- as long as the fully posted changes to "SAMS CLUB NEW MEMBERSHIP" then it coded correctly and you'll eventually get the credit

11/1 Purchased new $45 Sam's membership online (did 12x $10 Uber vouchers promo)
12/16 Got $25 credit without contacting them
Originally Posted by friedablass
That's a really long time for an offer to credit but I guess it is within the terms and can happen.
To close the loop, credit posted yesterday... so about a month or so... longest I've personally experienced for an Amex Offer.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
My (one) AmEx login profile has 4 business and 2 personal cards, each with ~ 100 offers. I haven’t compared all 100 offers for all 6 cards but it seems that many of the offers are identical for the different cards.

Are AmEx Offers generally identical for all cards on one’s AmEx login profile? For all business cards or personal cards only? Thank you.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Are AmEx Offers generally identical for all cards on one’s AmEx login profile? For all business cards or personal cards only? Thank you.
I only have personal cards, but in general, yes, the offers are mostly identical across all cards -- however, semi-frequently there are offers targeted to a specific card, or to a class of cards (e.g. I will see an offer on all my MR-earning cards but not the co-branded cards)

Often, but not always, these appear near the top of the list. So it still pays to flip through all of your cards to skim for one-offs.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
My (one) AmEx login profile has 4 business and 2 personal cards, each with ~ 100 offers. I haven’t compared all 100 offers for all 6 cards but it seems that many of the offers are identical for the different cards.

I have a plain vanilla Platinum with three gold AU and a CS platinum. For the most part, I would say that about 65% of the offers are available on all of the cards. What is of interest, I have had the CS card for four months and to date there has not been one offer I could utilize. The CS card has never received any travel offers, but many more for far away restaurants, or very low value offers, such as save $5.00 if you spend $30 - not one offer of significance. On the other hand, the gold AU cards get some of the best and most amazing offers which are never available on my platinum cards, esp with regard to travel.

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason. All I do know if that offers to receive additional MR points are few and far between whereas previously I could easily earn over 100,000 in any given year.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Yay - Peets offer is back for me. $2 off $5+, up to 3 times by April 17. Only my card this time (primary plat) - my wife's additional card got it last time as well. Bummer that its in-store only again, but I can still make it work.
mfranzwa likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Yay - Peets offer is back for me. $2 off $5+, up to 3 times by April 17. Only my card this time (primary plat) - my wife's additional card got it last time as well. Bummer that its in-store only again, but I can still make it work.
I also received a separate .com offer from Peets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.