Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA Business Platinum 2021 feature refresh. Fee Increases ($695) in January 2022.

Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
To review previous discussion of Business Platinum click HERE.

Google Fi explanation posted by bocasierra in April 2022: Google Fi submits charges using two different businesses. Only merchant number 4045974169 will receive wireless credits, merchant number 1047161427 will trigger the streaming credit, if we come across this, we may issue credit manually."

Print Wikipost

USA Business Platinum 2021 feature refresh. Fee Increases ($695) in January 2022.

Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve

Rumor alert: CSR told me that in a few/several months to look out for new features of the Business Platinum to help differentiate it more from the Personal card; she told me this after she had already given me a $595 statement credit towards the fee because I was planning to cancel since there weren't really many benefits besides Dell that I didn't already have with my personal Platinum.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:39 pm

So rumor mill is saying the fee may go up again very soon, possibly tomorrow.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor...-new-benefits/
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...you-apply-now/

Guess we'll see...

EDIT: Live now.

Last edited by nall; Oct 14, 2021 at 2:35 am
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:56 am

So now I'll have five cards with the monthly cell phone credit. Not complaining, but it does takes some time to split that bill up.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by josephstern
So now I'll have five cards with the monthly cell phone credit. Not complaining, but it does takes some time to split that bill up.
I wish I can do that, but I can't since I have autopay on.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:13 am
Community Director Emerita

What are the changes?

Dell - moves from $200 annual credit, divided in half for each 6 months, to $400
Indeed - $360 annual credit (never heard of this firm)
Adobe - $150 annual credit for select subscriptions
Wireless - $120 annual credit

Is there more?

For me, personally, I don't find benefit in any of these.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I wish I can do that, but I can't since I have autopay on.
Ah, not sure if it's worth the effort for you, but here's what I do on my personal cell phones; set my iPhone alert monthly to make a manual payment, then whatever remains will be triggered by auto-pay.

Like most here, I have no idea what Indeed is either.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:25 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
Like most here, I have no idea what Indeed.
I know because they sponsor some National Public Radio programming, but clearly they do need this type of marketing to raise awareness if they want small business owners to use their service.

https://www.indeed.com/

About Indeed
Indeed is the #1 job site in the world with over 250 million unique visitors every month. Indeed strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:25 am
FT

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What are the changes?

Dell - moves from $200 annual credit, divided in half for each 6 months, to $400
Indeed - $360 annual credit (never heard of this firm)
Adobe - $150 annual credit for select subscriptions
Wireless - $120 annual credit

Is there more?

For me, personally, I don't find benefit in any of these.
1.5x MR points on business categories.

Not as valuable as 4x from Business Gold, but that card is ~$300 and probably increasing within the next year. I'm fine saving $300 and losing out on 2.5x on electronic purchases.

No idea what Indeed is, but I do like these changes.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:27 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by FT

No idea what Indeed is, but I do like these changes.
Indeed is a hiring website.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:32 am
FT

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r.../business.html

1.5x at Lowe's, but I don't see Home Depot included which I find odd considering their size.

Appears there may be a difference between the BP and BG electronic credits:
U.S. Electronic Goods, Software and Cloud Systems (Business Platinum Card only)To earn additional rewards in this category, the purchase must be made directly from U.S. electronic goods retailers or U.S. software and cloud system providers.

Electronic retailers are in the primary business of selling a range of electronic goods (e.g., Dell Technologies, Newegg*).

Software and cloud system providers are in the primary business of selling programs and data storage, whether downloaded or cloud-hosted (e.g., Adobe, Salesforce*).

*This is not a complete list.

Examples of merchants where you will NOT earn additional rewards include:
  • Online marketplaces that provide a variety of products outside of electronic goods (e.g., Amazon, eBay)
  • Superstores (e.g., Target, Walmart)
  • Purchases from wireless telephone and cellular service providers (e.g., AT&T, Verizon)
  • Application purchases via aggregator platforms
  • Consulting and management services

and
Select Computer Hardware, Software, and Cloud Computing To earn additional rewards on computer hardware, software, and cloud computing, the purchase must be made at a provider that is included on our list of "select computer hardware, software, and cloud computing providers”.
You will earn additional rewards ONLY when you purchase directly from a U.S. location of a company on this list of select computer hardware, software, and cloud computing providers that accept the Card:
  • Apple
  • CDW
  • Dell
  • HP
  • IBM
  • Intuit
  • Lenovo
  • Microsoft
  • Newegg
  • Oracle
  • Rackspace
  • Sage Software
  • Salesforce.com
  • Symantec
  • Tiger Direct
You will NOT earn additional rewards if the purchase is made through a third-party (including resellers and online marketplaces) or through a third-party payment account.
lsquare and hhdl like this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:38 am
FT

Curious if AWS spend counts for 1.5x or if it's treated as if it's Amazon
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by FT
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r.../business.html

1.5x at Lowe's, but I don't see Home Depot included which I find odd considering their size.

Appears there may be a difference between the BP and BG electronic credits:

and
I guess that's cool if you have really high spend on those categories. Useless for me since I have my BBP for $50k a year.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:07 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lsquare
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dit-card-amex/

AMEX just refreshed the Business Platinum. You can lock in the $595 annual fee if you sign up before January 13, 2022.

The SUB is 120k with $15k spending in 3 months.

And I am showing 0% APR for the first 12 months, too!
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

My pop-up link came back!!!!!!

And they extended it to April 2022! Perfect timing to pay my income tax bill next year!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

No restrictions on me previously having this card 2 years ago too!

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...m/explore-now/

Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:41 pm

You can still use the credit even if you use auto pay. You just go to your account and make a payment, $10 in the amount as a "one time" payment. AT&T only lets you make one payment a day. I just make a single payment on each card 3 days in a row and keep the autopay on for the "remainder".
FT and lsquare like this.

Last edited by cbuckhouse; Oct 14, 2021 at 12:42 pm Reason: add note

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.