Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
...the ecredit expires at the end of this year.
Are you sure? Delta has announced a pretty liberal extension of these: ecredit extension
Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Are you sure? Delta has announced a pretty liberal extension of these: ecredit extension
My date hasn't changed. I'll call before it expires and see if it can be extended until next year. Thanks 👍
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Anyone know if there are still issues with the notifications when you use an offer?

i did an in-store Peets purchase for ~$7 on Sunday, which would have been the last use of my $2 off $5+ offer ((it was up to 3 times). Never received an email or text, which Usually comes in pretty immediately or the night after. Purchase posted today - no credit yet, but I’d expect by end of week if things are working properly. but the lack of email is a little concerning.

for the record, I did have a TurboTax offer credit post in early March - I think I didn’t get a notification for that one either, but did work.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Anyone know if there are still issues with the notifications when you use an offer?

i did an in-store Peets purchase for ~$7 on Sunday, which would have been the last use of my $2 off $5+ offer ((it was up to 3 times). Never received an email or text, which Usually comes in pretty immediately or the night after. Purchase posted today - no credit yet, but I’d expect by end of week if things are working properly. but the lack of email is a little concerning.

for the record, I did have a TurboTax offer credit post in early March - I think I didn’t get a notification for that one either, but did work.
I rarely have ever received notifications.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok…will update this. Just received an email congratulating me for using the offer. So email was pretty close to 48 hours after I swiped (well…tapped). Think this is pretty much the longest delay I’ve seen for an offer email.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:11 am

$80 off $200 for Jetblue purchases, good through mid july showed up on my personal plat this morning
chrisny2 and levilevi like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by desafino
$80 off $200 for Jetblue purchases, good through mid july showed up on my personal plat this morning
same here. Don't usually fly B6. Quite an offer!
chrisny2 and levilevi like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
The $25 off $99 or more HBO offer is back. Does anyone know if there is a way of renewing early? I have a yearly subscription and it expires in July and I don't mind prepaying now instead of waiting on the auto renew if it means saving the $25 but can't figure out how to do it.
levilevi and Visconti like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The $25 off $99 or more HBO offer is back. Does anyone know if there is a way of renewing early? I have a yearly subscription and it expires in July and I don't mind prepaying now instead of waiting on the auto renew if it means saving the $25 but can't figure out how to do it.
Thought about this too. Worst case scenario, I'm just going to start a new account and just let cancel the old one early. Actually, should cancel first, just in case they offer a large enough retention enticement or something.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Visconti
Thought about this too. Worst case scenario, I'm just going to start a new account and just let cancel the old one early. Actually, should cancel first, just in case they offer a large enough retention enticement or something.
I thought about doing that since there's nothing I am dying to watch on HBO right now since the Gilded Age is over. I used an Am Ex offer when I signed up last year and am nervous they'll claw it back but since its been since July I don't see it happening.

I see the offer is good through September and my subscription auto renews in July so hopefully I'll get the credit then.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Before you go that route, if you have an AT&T cell contract, check if HBO Max can be added to your account gratis. Should be nothing more than a :10 in-store conversation, IME.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any speculation on if Marriott will do another offer for $50 off $250+?

I’ve got a stay coming up in first week of April that will qualify, but current offer expires 3/31. Wondering if it’s better to hedge my bets and call hotel to see if they can run the charge, or at least a $250 deposit, so I can claim the offer prior to expiry?

last year, they had an offer in the fall, then another in the winter. Can’t remember the exact expiry dates, but I was able to take advantage of both. IIRC, I think one expired sometime in Oct, and the other appeared very shortly after that one expired.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any speculation on if Marriott will do another offer for $50 off $250+?

I’ve got a stay coming up in first week of April that will qualify, but current offer expires 3/31. Wondering if it’s better to hedge my bets and call hotel to see if they can run the charge, or at least a $250 deposit, so I can claim the offer prior to expiry?

last year, they had an offer in the fall, then another in the winter. Can’t remember the exact expiry dates, but I was able to take advantage of both. IIRC, I think one expired sometime in Oct, and the other appeared very shortly after that one expired.
I tried this is January with the Hilton offer - I called the hotel and asked them to run the charge ahead of my stay to take advantage of the then offer of $50 off $250. Unfortunately, it did not work because the charge indicated that it was for a stay outside of the promotion period.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
AU on my account had an offer for Celebrity cruises for $150 back and he charged it on like 3/9 and got the email saying congratulations on redeeming offer but it still has not credited the account. Do I just keep waiting? Call AMEX?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The terms of the Celebrity offer state Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 3/27/2022, which is the end of the promotion. It sounds as if Celebrity has chosen to review and pay everyone at the end, rather than after individual transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.