FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thanks everyone for your tips, and to MaxV0 for posting the offer details! I only had a few added offers which made the sudden disappearance so perplexing. I'm waiting for the pending charges to hit my account, once they do, I'll report back whether the offer was applied.
Followup! Even though my Conrad Amex Offer mysteriously disappeared from my list of 'Added to Card' offers, I can report that I was properly credited after the charges landed. I'll probably screenshot in the future for added measure.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Google Fi offer! Hope there won't be any merchant coding issues...
Wouldn’t surprise me, to be honest. Still, I just prepaid $50 at pay.Google.com and will report back.

Edit: a minute later I received this notification.

friedablass and lsquare like this.

Last edited by notquiteaff; May 2, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Old May 3, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone know if this stacks with the Biz Plat cell phone credit? I just prepaid $50 to test via pay.google.com to find out anyway ...
Old May 3, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Zorak
Google Fi offer! Hope there won't be any merchant coding issues...

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Followup! Even though my Conrad Amex Offer mysteriously disappeared from my list of 'Added to Card' offers, I can report that I was properly credited after the charges landed. I'll probably screenshot in the future for added measure.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Wouldn’t surprise me, to be honest. Still, I just prepaid $50 at pay.Google.com and will report back.

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Does anyone know if this stacks with the Biz Plat cell phone credit? I just prepaid $50 to test via pay.google.com to find out anyway ...
Did AMEX fix the Fi-coding issue once and for all?
Old May 3, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Did AMEX fix the Fi-coding issue once and for all?
To my knowledge, no, it's still broken, but prepaying through pay.google.com seems to code differently (Google Services) compared to paying through autopaying the monthly statement.

Also, Amex must somehow *know* it's Google Fi for the purpose of assigning the credit, so ... they must know Google Fi is a cell carrier ... right? ... right?
lsquare likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Marriott, spend $250, $50 off, expires 6/30/22. On my blue biz AMEX and personal Gold AMEX. Have yet to find on any of my husband's myriad AMEX cards.
For this offer, can you "double dip" so to speak by booking through Amex FHR ? I'd like to book the Ritz in LA for this Saturday, and would love to use my $200 FHR credit, as well as get this $100 for $500 spend credit.
Old May 4, 2022, 3:55 pm

What do the T and C’s state? Do they exclude RC hotels?
Old May 4, 2022, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by tondoleo
What do the T and C’s state? Do they exclude RC hotels?
Wasn't certain how pre-paid bookings via FHR/AMEX post onto your card. I feel like I recall it posting as "AMEX FHR" or something along those lines, but I could be wrong...
Old May 4, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
Wasn't certain how pre-paid bookings via FHR/AMEX post onto your card. I feel like I recall it posting as "AMEX FHR" or something along those lines, but I could be wrong...
Pre-paid will post as AMEX FHR. Can use the 100 off 500 for incidentals...
kthpence likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I got my $50 Bonvoy credit 5 days after the charge posted. So it seems that the previous delays may be fixed. Although I never received the email.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

And the first $25 credit posted to my Aspire card
Arsene Wenger likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:01 am

Got a ton of new offers in the AMEX Coupon Book....won't even try to list them - none of them relevant for me
lsquare likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 4:25 pm

Anyone else having trouble with the $30 back off a $100 spend for Staples? I have it on my business card, ordered $115 worth of office supplies (not gift cards) and got the confirmation email when the order processed. But it's been two weeks and the credit has not yet posted. Yes, I know the T & Cs say within 90 days after June 30, the last day the offer is valid. But I can't imagine they really are expecting to wait that long.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Anyone else having trouble with the $30 back off a $100 spend for Staples?.
Mine posted quickly. Hope yours posts very soon.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lax01
Got a ton of new offers in the AMEX Coupon Book....won't even try to list them - none of them relevant for me
Same!
lax01 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.