The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Anyone know how long it should take MR offers to post for a generic spend bonus.

I got a spend $4500, get 2500 MR offer. I don't remember the exact date I activated, but given the terms showing it expires on Jun 5, I suspect I activated it around March 6. Because I'm not sure exactly when I activated, not sure the specific purchase were I hit the threshold, but given there was a $4000 airfare purchase a month ago, on April 22 - that should have done it - its possible it was a charge or two later, but I'm pretty sure even just April charges, once I made that charge, hit the spend threshold. However, I'm not seeing the bonus yet.

Not as familiar with the MR offers vs. the cash ones - but I also hit an Amazon MR offer that posted fairly quickly - I suspect these offers don't show up in the savings tab because they are not an actual dollar amount.

Probably time to initiate a chat to inquire, but just looking to others experience to see how long its taken MR to post for the general spend offers.
just going to respond again here.

finally did a chat with Amex on this. Was basically told to wait for 90 days after the offer. They did confirm the offer was ‘awarded’ on April 22, but I kept asking them to confirm when the MR would ‘deposit’ and was given the 90 days language in the terms. So apparently I just have to wait. In the meantime, we did have another 1000 MR post - from $200 Amazon spend on my wife’s AU card - that took about a week after the charges posted.

on another note, I did ask about the credit also from my May 14 Walmart+ monthly fee, and was also told to wait until the limit prescribed in the terms was up, even though I said it usually posted within a few days. So I guess we’ll wait and see there…too.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I used my Staples offer today. I got the email a few minutes after I paid. But two days ago, I didn’t get an email for the Walmart $40/$10 offer. So the emails seem to not be consistent right now.
Update: Both the Walmart and Staples offers disappeared earlier today and now show under the “Savings” tab. While I made both $40+ Walmart purchases about 5 days apart, both $10 credits showed up in the “Savings” tab today.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Do you mean that it has been 3 days since the offer vanished from the "Added" list, or 3 days from the transaction posted?

Our transactions (split payments) were on Tue May 24th. They stayed pending until Thursday yesterday to become posted though posted with May 24th date. Offer remains in both cards "Added" list.
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I noticed that the offer vanished from the list on the same day, shortly after making the purchase. It could've happened a day or two earlier, since I didn't look at that account every day. I'm aware of such vanishing happening to others, but that was the first time it happened to me.
It is passed midnight on Sunday. Just took a look on our cards and noticed the offer vanished on both cards but not yet shown under “saving”. Hope it is just a matter of time the credit will eventually post.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I noticed that the offer vanished from the list on the same day, shortly after making the purchase...
Update: the Staples credit posted today, backdated by two or three days.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
As has been discussed, everything is lagging. My $25 Google Fi credit posted today (from the spend $50+ get $25 up to 3x), backdated to 5/26, from a charge around 5/18.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:41 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
As has been discussed, everything is lagging
Definitely-- the gas credits have been particularly slow, taking 2+ weeks to register.

On the recent grocery credits, it looks like my second $100 spend was triggered and posted relatively quickly, but oddly my first $100 spend hasn't been reflected yet.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:33 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
50% off purchases at CLEAR, up to $95 back in credits, expires 23 Aug.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by highops
$300 off $1000 for using the Plat card international flight benefit. This is a nice offer if you are traveling out of the country and have some flexibility. Sadly, I probably can't us it this year.
Does this include one-way trip?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by highops
$300 off $1000 for using the Plat card international flight benefit.
Originally Posted by stmadfish
Does this include one-way trip?
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/t...ram/index.html

"Travel must originate in and return to U.S. gateway (may exclude certain overseas territories) and select Canadian gateways. One-way travel permitted on some airlines where routing originates in U.S. or select Canadian Gateways."

Per the wiki on the related FT thread, "select Canadian gateways" is known to include YVR, YYZ.

USA International Airline Program (IAP) relaunched as discount benefit (2017).
stmadfish likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Got a quintuple points offer on my Platinum today for Walmart, up to 1500 points maximum.

Time for a $300 Walmart gift card.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:12 am

Wynn/Encore $250/$50 exp 30 Sep
Sonesta $250/$50 exp 31 Aug
Chewy $49/$15 exp. 19 Jul
Blue Apron $50/$25 exp 30 Jun
Dell $599/$120 exp 25 Jul
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by denghis
Despite the terms saying the flight must originate and return to US, I'm hoping for some data points to see if one-way flights out of/in to the US will trigger the credit.
They do. I can confirm.
happychic and denghis like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
It is passed midnight on Sunday. Just took a look on our cards and noticed the offer vanished on both cards but not yet shown under “saving”. Hope it is just a matter of time the credit will eventually post.
Staples offer posted today Thursday, backdated 4 days to the day it vanished.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
IHG - Spend $200 or more, get $40 back. Expires 8/31/22.
"Excludes The Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, The Palazzo® at the Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, IHG® Army Hotels, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties."

Dell: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back. Expires 7/25/22. Only shows on my personal cards not on any of my biz plat accounts.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
IHG - Spend $200 or more, get $40 back. Expires 8/31/22.
"Excludes The Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, The Palazzo® at the Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, IHG® Army Hotels, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties."
Any data points on whether the IHG offer gets triggered on point + cash bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.