Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Anyone know how long it should take MR offers to post for a generic spend bonus.

I got a spend $4500, get 2500 MR offer. I don't remember the exact date I activated, but given the terms showing it expires on Jun 5, I suspect I activated it around March 6. Because I'm not sure exactly when I activated, not sure the specific purchase were I hit the threshold, but given there was a $4000 airfare purchase a month ago, on April 22 - that should have done it - its possible it was a charge or two later, but I'm pretty sure even just April charges, once I made that charge, hit the spend threshold. However, I'm not seeing the bonus yet.

Not as familiar with the MR offers vs. the cash ones - but I also hit an Amazon MR offer that posted fairly quickly - I suspect these offers don't show up in the savings tab because they are not an actual dollar amount.

Probably time to initiate a chat to inquire, but just looking to others experience to see how long its taken MR to post for the general spend offers.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Missing offer

Does anybody else remember an offer for $30 off a stay at Hilton Garden/Hampton? I had that stored on my Platinum, and I remember thinking I could use it at a stay next month. But I just looked at my "Added to card" list, and it's not there.

I'm pretty sure it didn't expire until later this summer, because I've had this reservation for a couple of months and I remember looking at it and thinking I could use it before it expired.

Does anybody else remember this, or have it showing under "Added to card?"
Old May 24, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those of you who have done the Staples $25/$100 offer, did you receive the congrat emails after transactions?

We did a split payment at $100 each this afternoon for a gift card. It worked last time in Nov. Received emails promptly but one card
s credit took much longer to post. Did not receive emails this time. Though I read here these days the congrat emails are hit or miss.
Old May 24, 2022, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
For those of you who have done the Staples $25/$100 offer, did you receive the congrat emails after transactions?

We did a split payment at $100 each this afternoon for a gift card. It worked last time in Nov. Received emails promptly but one card
s credit took much longer to post. Did not receive emails this time. Though I read here these days the congrat emails are hit or miss.
Bought some gas cards at a store 3-4 weeks ago -- no email but $25 credit posted fine
Old May 24, 2022, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Does anybody else remember an offer for $30 off a stay at Hilton Garden/Hampton? I had that stored on my Platinum, and I remember thinking I could use it at a stay next month. But I just looked at my "Added to card" list, and it's not there.

I'm pretty sure it didn't expire until later this summer, because I've had this reservation for a couple of months and I remember looking at it and thinking I could use it before it expired.

i used that in early April. My reimbursement was $35 - so I think it might have been $35 off $200. I used it at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara.

i can’t recall the expiry though.
hotturnip likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: HH, *G
Originally Posted by hotturnip

Here's the offer I had. $35 off $175, expired on 4/30.

hotturnip likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
So I'm thinking about the Blue Apron offer since I've gotten lazy about cooking. I did the same deal last fall. Is this offer good only ONCE per card member or once per validity period per card member. For example, Blue Apron $25 off $50 or more was available from September to November and is available once again.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG

I used my Staples offer today. I got the email a few minutes after I paid. But two days ago, I didn’t get an email for the Walmart $40/$10 offer. So the emails seem to not be consistent right now.
Old May 26, 2022, 8:12 pm

For those of you who have done the Staples $25/$100 offer, did you receive the congrat emails after transactions?...
I got no email + the offer vanished from the "Added" list. It's only been 3 days, but still no credit.

Last edited by MaxVO; May 26, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Old May 26, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by highops
$300 off $1000 for using the Plat card international flight benefit. This is a nice offer if you are traveling out of the country and have some flexibility. Sadly, I probably can't us it this year.
I saw this and signed up for the offer 6 hours after purchasing the ticket. Unfortunately the fare has gone up so cant cancel and rebook. The charge is still pending so do you think it will count towards the credit given its the same date and the charge is still pending?

EDITED TO ADD: Credit triggered even though offer was added 6 hours after purchase on the same date.

Last edited by PrivatePilot; Jun 2, 2022 at 2:50 pm
Old May 26, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
So I'm thinking about the Blue Apron offer since I've gotten lazy about cooking. I did the same deal last fall. Is this offer good only ONCE per card member or once per validity period per card member. For example, Blue Apron $25 off $50 or more was available from September to November and is available once again.
I used it both times. Each time, I bought a gift card for use later on.

(I would add that I liked Blue Apron the best by far of all the meal kits services I tried, and I tried about 6 of them.)
Old May 26, 2022, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by mball
Here's the offer I had. $35 off $175, expired on 4/30.

Well, heck. I must have read the expiration date wrong.
Thank you for helping me with this.
mball likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jatan
Bought some gas cards at a store 3-4 weeks ago -- no email but $25 credit posted fine
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I used my Staples offer today. I got the email a few minutes after I paid. But two days ago, I didn’t get an email for the Walmart $40/$10 offer. So the emails seem to not be consistent right now.
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I got no email + the offer vanished from the "Added" list. It's only been 3 days, but still no credit.
Do you mean that it has been 3 days since the offer vanished from the "Added" list, or 3 days from the transaction posted?

Our transactions (split payments) were on Tue May 24th. They stayed pending until Thursday yesterday to become posted though posted with May 24th date. Offer remains in both cards "Added" list.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:57 pm

Do you mean that it has been 3 days since the offer vanished from the "Added" list, or 3 days from the transaction posted?...
I noticed that the offer vanished from the list on the same day, shortly after making the purchase. It could've happened a day or two earlier, since I didn't look at that account every day. I'm aware of such vanishing happening to others, but that was the first time it happened to me.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:22 pm

Has anyone tried using the Amex Travel IAP offer with Delta and then cancelling the flight with eCredit? I don't think I'll be doing any flying that would quality for IAP anytime soon but would be okay getting a large amount of Delta eCredits with a hefty discount. I've been able to directly modify and cancel Delta flights booked via Amex Travel for eCredit in the past but not sure if Amex Travel handles things differently for IAP and wanted to double check given that the required spend to trigger the credit is quite high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.