Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Card (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Welcome to FT!

What are you spending the money on?
Thanks! Personal spend is things like holidays, restaurants, gifts and everyday things (I use it as much as I can whenever possible for the rewards points). That's £125k per year so not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Business spend is advertising (approx £75k per month, and would be more except for the fact they limit our account at that level), laptops, client entertaining (Ascot), sundries required for the office etc.

FX is paying my suppliers.

If the business card doesn't exist in the UK then it's unlikely we'll get it I think as our personal spend isn't high enough.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I’m not sure about Business UK, but I think it is about quality almost as much as it is about quantity. Consistent travel and entertainment, discretionary, spending is what moves the needle.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
If on your personal Plat, £125k p.a. general spend and then some expensive client stuff like Ascot etc. is probably in the ballpark. £125k p.a. used to be some kind of unofficial threshold (talking 10+ years ago) and it may have ticked up towards £250k which at one point was the threshold for a PM (personal manager). Short story - shift it all to Personal Plat and you'll likely be considered. Use PTS (Platinum Travel Service/concierge, FHR benefits) and it probably doesn't hurt to call up and express your interest. Then leave it be and continue to spend....
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by YClass
If on your personal Plat, £125k p.a. general spend and then some expensive client stuff like Ascot etc. is probably in the ballpark. £125k p.a. used to be some kind of unofficial threshold (talking 10+ years ago) and it may have ticked up towards £250k which at one point was the threshold for a PM (personal manager). Short story - shift it all to Personal Plat and you'll likely be considered. Use PTS (Platinum Travel Service/concierge, FHR benefits) and it probably doesn't hurt to call up and express your interest. Then leave it be and continue to spend....
We don't hold personal platinums any more - got rid of them about 10 years ago and moved to the BA ones for the companion vouchers. Just got the business platinums (which we do put a lot through and this will be increasing a lot over the next couple of years as well).
Old Jul 21, 2020, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Okrib
We don't hold personal platinums any more - got rid of them about 10 years ago and moved to the BA ones for the companion vouchers. Just got the business platinums (which we do put a lot through and this will be increasing a lot over the next couple of years as well).
Just open them up again. There are good offers at the moment and you clearly hit the £20k spend mark for BA Voucher and can collect with Plat MR points which are more flexible.... when have the Cent can change how you use it all again if you want as there is no upkeep requirement....
origin likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by YClass
Just open them up again. There are good offers at the moment and you clearly hit the £20k spend mark for BA Voucher and can collect with Plat MR points which are more flexible.... when have the Cent can change how you use it all again if you want as there is no upkeep requirement....
Interesting. Might do that. Thanks for the advice.

We've also signed up to the Premier Rewards business as it's tax deductible and means we can collect 1 mile per £, pay our HMRC bills etc through the AmEx system.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
AMEX CENT Spend requirements

Can anyone give me an update to the current spend requirements are for the centurion please. I’ve spent about £180K in the last 6 months on my personal platinum. 80% of which is mainly built up of high end clothing. Is it worth reaching out to AMEX if I’m looking to attain an account with them ? Also has anyone else received an invitation recently if so what are you current spend habits with them ? TIA
Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:07 am

You're spending over a quarter of a million pounds a year on clothing? When you can't go out?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
You're spending over a quarter of a million pounds a year on clothing? When you can't go out?
I should explain I’m in the fashion industry

Last edited by Komodromou; Nov 16, 2020 at 4:09 am
Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Komodromou
I should explain I’m a fashion buyer haha
Amex has probably already figured that out. They don’t tend to give out personal Centurion for work-related purchases. In that respect, whether you’re buying toner cartridges or Armani doesn’t make any difference.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:07 am

It's personal spend on my own wardrobe... It's the industry I'm in that's why my spend is high in that category keeping up with trends. The rest I would say is travel in I and F
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Give account services a call and ask "whats the story with Centurion" and they'll say something and put a note down probably. They will want to see a full year of sustained spend is my guess, so half a year won't be enough. But you'll be on their list assuming you've had the card for a number of years and continue on this trajectory.
Komodromou likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:29 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
100% discount on £400 spend at Waitrose, Harvey Nics, Selfridges and Deliveroo is back (in the Offers section of the app)

/JK
Old Jan 20, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by JK
100% discount on £400 spend at Waitrose, Harvey Nics, Selfridges and Deliveroo is back (in the Offers section of the app)

/JK
Just had the email, not a bad offer.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:23 am

I received an invite by email this morning. It says I have 30 days to respond - think it took me 30 seconds to respond! I know it's not value for money for me but I don't care - it's something I have always wanted so I'm delighted at the opportunity to join.

I am UK based (I can't find the UK Centurion thread otherwise I would have added there).

I'm certainly not a huge spender compared to some on here - when I find more time I will share my figures, type of spend etc.

I've never used the concierge or 'asked' for an invite. Been a member on Platinum only since 2010.
SteveT and Dogmatick like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.