Centurion Card (UK)

Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Anyone going to the event tonight?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Anyone going to the event tonight?
Yeah I am going, not sure what to expect, but hopefully be good!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Yeah I am going, not sure what to expect, but hopefully be good!
Kind of lame in the end IMO - wasn't much to it.

The big Centurion glass thing looked pretty good and there were some extraordinary outfits being worn which provided for some entertainment.......
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by YClass

The big Centurion glass thing looked pretty good and there were some extraordinary outfits being worn which provided for some entertainment.......
I was hoping for gift bags!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold

Yeah, it felt a bit of a missed opportunity really! The place was well decorated but was structureless and just to busy! I thought it was a real shame there was no real way to meet you RM and they should have had more on hand!

Nothing against a free drink or two but the Platinum House Events they have run have had far more going on, as you say the outfits that some wore were the best form of entertainment!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
my invite came right after opening an ICC card with similar spend.
And still no invitation despite having turned over 200k in the last 8 months. I actually really don't need it and was thinking of downgrading to gold as that would get me double points on all airline purchases and triple on amex travel.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Would anyone else keen to share their experience prior to receiving an invite, as it seems it is inconsistent ? e.g.

-Personal/business card
-Approx spend month and annual
-Type of expense / average per transaction
-Frequency of use of concierge services
-Region/location
-# years with Amex

Would be good to understand the various data points, I'm of the impression (hence not validated) the systems are not that complex enough to flag transactions and spending behavior (beyond fraud detection), thus there has to be something else (manual or part-automated) that triggers a review - I wouldn't put it past a spreadsheet sitting on a shared folder somewhere with names/identifiers for this.

This was the case for an airline recently experienced a data breach off their HVC

Last edited by dadig; Nov 18, 2019 at 5:36 am
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dadig
Would anyone else keen to share their experience prior to receiving an invite, as it seems it is inconsistent ? e.g.
Covered many times in the forums if you search. There are no hard and fast rules - the criteria are a secret and ultimately up to Amex at their sole discretion. That said in the interests of helping you out:

-Personal/business card BUSINESS DOESN'T EXIST IN THE UK, ONLY PERSONAL AND MAYBE CORPORATE THOUGH I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE
-Approx spend month and annual MINIMUM 125K/YEAR
-Type of expense / average per transaction DAY TO DAY, HIGH END TRAVEL, LUXURY GOODS, FOREIGN EXPENDITURE
-Frequency of use of concierge services REGULAR, PARTICULARLY PTS
-Region/location THIS IS UK ONLY THREAD. THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR NON-UK. EVERY COUNTRY OPERATES ENTIRE INDEPENDENTLY IN THIS REGARD WITH DIFFERENT BENEFITS, CRITERIA AND EVEN CARDS.
-# years with Amex AT LEAST 1 YEAR PLAT, THOUGH I WAS MAYBE 3 OR SO.

MANY OTHER CRITERIA THEY WILL CONSIDER INCLUDING CREDIT CHECKS/SCORES, REGULAR PAYMENTS ETC ETC
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:40 pm

Hello everyone,
I am currently thinking on whether or not to follow through on my Centurion invitation: would anyone be able to tell me which London clubs you do get comp access/discounted membership to? Also, I'd like to get an idea of the type of events you get invited to at this level (especially when compared to the Platinum ones).

Thank you in advance for any info: always appreciated (and great thread!)
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ilario Gressi
Hello everyone,
I am currently thinking on whether or not to follow through on my Centurion invitation: would anyone be able to tell me which London clubs you do get comp access/discounted membership to? Also, I'd like to get an idea of the type of events you get invited to at this level (especially when compared to the Platinum ones).

Thank you in advance for any info: always appreciated (and great thread!)
Clubs as in night clubs? The general high end ones (they change all the time) give you queue jump and maybe comp access before 11 or so. Think Tonteria and the like.

Members Clubs you get one or two goes at places like Home House, Hay Hill and Mortons and discounted membership offers. But not the likes of 5 Hertford or Annabele's etc.

On events there are sort of two tiers - the Bon Vivant ones for all UK Cents to apply for which are comped or some nominal cost (private gallery openings, private performances by artists and meet & greet, that kind of thing, promotional events e.g. new car launch, jewellery launch). Then the special invite ones which are individual and non publicized (depending how important you are to Amex I suppose) and can range from free dinners in 3* restaurants, to private jets trip to stay at a castle, or e.g. tickets to Wimbledon. And of course then the occasional WOW gifts, such as 1000 off x purchase or 500 gift card to some retailer etc.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Drama, home House, Libertine, Mortons, South Ken Club, and a few others. Note these are not memberships per se, and after a few uses youll need to buy your own memberships.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:29 am

Clubs as in night clubs? The general high end ones (they change all the time) give you queue jump and maybe comp access before 11 or so. Think Tonteria and the like.

Members Clubs you get one or two goes at places like Home House, Hay Hill and Mortons and discounted membership offers. But not the likes of 5 Hertford or Annabele's etc.

On events there are sort of two tiers - the Bon Vivant ones for all UK Cents to apply for which are comped or some nominal cost (private gallery openings, private performances by artists and meet & greet, that kind of thing, promotional events e.g. new car launch, jewellery launch). Then the special invite ones which are individual and non publicized (depending how important you are to Amex I suppose) and can range from free dinners in 3* restaurants, to private jets trip to stay at a castle, or e.g. tickets to Wimbledon. And of course then the occasional WOW gifts, such as 1000 off x purchase or 500 gift card to some retailer etc.
Do you know people that have gotten those private offers? A friend who's literally top 10 on the rich list joked to me he's never gotten a thing more than the basic crap all Centurion get
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Do you know people that have gotten those private offers? A friend who's literally top 10 on the rich list joked to me he's never gotten a thing more than the basic crap all Centurion get
If I was that wealthy - I was about 50,000th in the UK last time I looked - I wouldn't give a monkeys about any of that stuff. Why hasn't he got his own Wimbledon debentures for example? I went with Amex this year and the seats were worse than my own Debenture ones.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
If I was that wealthy - I was about 50,000th in the UK last time I looked - I wouldn't give a monkeys about any of that stuff. Why hasn't he got his own Wimbledon debentures for example? I went with Amex this year and the seats were worse than my own Debenture ones.
Rich people love freebies as much as anyone else. They are delighted when they get something for nothing
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:11 am

I asked Amex suppport about contactless and was told that all cards should have it. They sent me a new one which, unsurprisingly, isn't contactless. Should I have got a plastic one?

As an aside, is the 'limited edition' print actually worth anything?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.