Centurion Card (UK)

Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
The only hope can be that it means we get quick responses out of hours and don't need to call CTS or whatever. Let's see. I'd like to keep my RM as primary contact, but I guess the new ME will be the main person now... I'm taking the optimistic approach!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:27 am

My main concern is the really poor feedback that the American Centurion card users are frequently reporting in their thread on here, backed up by Richard's real-life feedback.

YClass I like your positivity and will certainly give them the benefit until I have utilised the new setup myself!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by YClass
The only hope can be that it means we get quick responses out of hours and don't need to call CTS or whatever. Let's see. I'd like to keep my RM as primary contact, but I guess the new ME will be the main person now... I'm taking the optimistic approach!
If only - the response times are not that fast, especially if you mail them which is my usual preferred method of contact as I am on the phone most of the day given the world of remote work. The ME isn't the primary point of contact, it goes into the pool of people associated in your team/pod - the ME is meant to step in for any issues or to do 'value add'.

It's all still so reactive on the US even with this team of people, just this past week my wife triggered a couple of fraud alerts for charges <$150 that were not unusual at all for us, and we got automated mail alerts that we responded to - instead AmEx called me 4 times over the space of 48 hours to validate the same charges even though I had validated them online. No comms from anyone on the team, no emails and when I called to ask why they kept calling me for the same charges they couldn't help and had to transfer me to the dept that had been making the calls.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ubiquitous1984
Did anyone else receive an email today from their relationship manager informing that there would now be a team of people looking after you?

looks like we are officially moving to the much maligned USA Centurion setup.
Wow I had this discussion last spring though I was discussing the whole concept with my RM at the time and she said I may as well move you over now.... Had I known I would have stuck it out - the direct line is likely finally being pulled then
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:59 am

Interesting high value complimentary experiences in the latest booklet. What are the odds of actually getting one? Pretty low, I imagine, but will they be selected by chance, randomly, or other criteria?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
There are those which are explicitly first come first served. The "high value" ones are effectively sponsored, e.g. by a PJ operator or yacht broker. That's why e.g. hotels might not be included. I am told these are selected randomly and when you sign up doesn't matter. I was told each one was random hat draw, but I think it's likely if you've been on one recently, then you won't be selected again. Or if you regularly spend on PJ/yachts then likely to be offered PJ/yacht trip as a more likely client. Some kind of direct marketing. I may be totally wrong, but would seem the obvious thing to do. They've had other high value trips/events which have been individual cardholder targeted but maybe with the App they don't do that anymore. Those ones were more all-inclusive and even more high value IMO. With Covid haven't heard of one in a while.

Dinners and Events etc. are probably just Amex footing/subsidising the bill. Hotel venues make money on room reservations etc. anyway.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:54 am

The 200mph driving experience event sounded interesting but as ever, as soon as I clicked on the email it was sold out.

Everything extremely London centric again. No events at all in the north west of England or anything less than a three hour commute to.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:29 am

Still waiting for any thing in Wales.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
I think in the eyes of Amex - the UK operation is not much different than their city-state markets in HK/SG and Middle East.
ubiquitous1984 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:35 am

UK Centurion - new 'service experience'

I recently received an email the upshot of which is that there will no longer be named UK individual relationship managers for UK Centurion holders from March and that there will instead be a general group Centurion email and a 'small dedicated team' dealing with requests. There was a subsequent note that 'you will be assigned a Membership Executive who will be overseeing your entire Centurion experience to ensure you are getting the most out of your Membership' but it is also clear that you won't be able to email that person directly.

I wonder in what ways this represents an enhancement? The hours of operation are a bit longer, but still...

Any others received and have thoughts on this change?
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer26
.... no longer be named UK individual relationship managers for UK Centurion....
Scroll back to post 178 and read forward.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:14 pm

New Card

Hey guys. Anyone get the call that the service fee is increasing +1k, 2 new card designs, Prada wearable and credit to spend at Harvey nicks etc. Starting 1 April
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Egbg100
....2 new card designs, Prada wearable ....
This has already launched in Germany and USA. See here for images: Centurion Germany - A New Generation
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:32 pm
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by Egbg100
Hey guys. Anyone get the call that the service fee is increasing +1k, 2 new card designs, Prada wearable and credit to spend at Harvey nicks etc. Starting 1 April
Not yet, but by service fee, do you mean the annual membership fee? That’s going up from £2200 or whatever it is to £3200? That’s outrageous!

/JK
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:46 am

Yes annual fee increased by 1k
they are trying to offer 1k+ value straight back though to justify it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.