Centurion Card (UK)

Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Komodromou
What kind of spend was you doing on your platinum and in what categories?
On average 20,000+ per month. I will post a detailed categories in due course to assist.
SteveT and Komodromou like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by gutsmax
Thank you for your reply. I wrote to them and they said I could apply next month - I think I will wait till next month when the adverse impacts on my credit all become historical. Hope then my application will go through without any trouble!
I'm sure it will be fine, good luck and let us know how you get on. This thread is a goldmine for people looking to join the scheme so please share as much/little as you feel comfortable doing to assist others.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by gutsmax
Thank you for your reply. I wrote to them and they said I could apply next month - I think I will wait till next month when the adverse impacts on my credit all become historical. Hope then my application will go through without any trouble!
Did your application go through? Im currently in the same boat as yourself, I just received my invitation via email. However my concern is my credit score I just checked Experian and its saying fair. The only reason its fair is because I hold such I high balance on my platinum card. Im not sure if I hold out till last months statement falls off and then apply. Or just apply now if they are just looking for CCJs etc. Any advice would be really appreciated
Old Oct 8, 2021, 11:52 am

So I had a chat with a girl from the on boarding team! She said the fact that weve given you the invite means someone has already done their checks, and I should not be concerned about my credit score. Im going to fill the application tonight and let you know how it goes. If anyone can give some insight on the situation that would be great
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:47 pm
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by Komodromou
So I had a chat with a girl from the on boarding team! She said the fact that weve given you the invite means someone has already done their checks, and I should not be concerned about my credit score. Im going to fill the application tonight and let you know how it goes. If anyone can give some insight on the situation that would be great
Just based on the information you have highlighted - I am sure AmEx know you have a high balance on your/their Platinum card, and it didn't stop them from sending you an invite. Depending on the kind of spend, it's perhaps what likely piqued their interest about you. As long as you have a good payment history, personally, I don't see much reason to be overly-concerned. Perhaps settle that bill before you finish the Centurion application, so they know you're good for it.

Best of luck.

/JK
Komodromou likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by JK
Just based on the information you have highlighted - I am sure AmEx know you have a high balance on your/their Platinum card, and it didn't stop them from sending you an invite. Depending on the kind of spend, it's perhaps what likely piqued their interest about you. As long as you have a good payment history, personally, I don't see much reason to be overly-concerned. Perhaps settle that bill before you finish the Centurion application, so they know you're good for it.

Best of luck.

/JK
I didnt even think of that! Im going to pay it down now before I apply. Thanks for the suggestion. Ill let you know how it goes with them
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
UK based Amex customer here. Been looking around the forum a lot but rarely posted

Received the invite last week for GBP centurion. Still weighing whether to activate it.

My spending was comparatively small -- 30k on plat and 70k on Harrods for the past 12 months. It seemed that the US criteria are far higher than everywhere else. I wonder if, at very least, the UK team focuses on other factors apart from spending, as I couldn't figure why my account was flagged.

I have a few guesses and wonder if other UK posters can back these up with their DPs
1) infrequent but large spending on Harrods, which required me to call in and ask them to greenlight it
2) I also have ICC green cards since a few PBs arrange them as debit card replacements. The same PBs are also a part of ICC Cent referral (but not GBP Cent)
3) Plat concierge failed to make a booking a few months bank. The concierge asked me why I didn't follow through, and I mentioned Quintessentially/Ten were quicker at fulfilling the request
ubiquitous1984 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:14 am

The Centurion Events diary has been updated for the next month or so. Once again there is almost zero outside of the south east. Great if you live in London but a complete waste of time if you live in the North.
JK and NotSoMuch like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Thanks for the heads up - managed to book a couple of events before they're gone.
JK likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
Decided to activate the card. Took 3 days to receive in the post after filling out the form.

The main card is the redesigned contactless card -- plastic on both sides with metal in the middle. The box has not changed at all compared with what a friend of mine received a few years ago.

According to the person I spoke to from new accounts, they are not currently offering design choices and the UK is not (at least officially) a part of centurion living programme.

They also mentioned there will be a four-person team for concierge/travel requests rather than just a membership executive.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by NotSoMuch
Decided to activate the card. Took 3 days to receive in the post after filling out the form.

The main card is the redesigned contactless card -- plastic on both sides with metal in the middle. The box has not changed at all compared with what a friend of mine received a few years ago.

According to the person I spoke to from new accounts, they are not currently offering design choices and the UK is not (at least officially) a part of centurion living programme.

They also mentioned there will be a four-person team for concierge/travel requests rather than just a membership executive.
Do you have any pictures of the new packaging? I'm going to send my application off when my score rectified in a couple of weeks
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Hi as a UK Centurion card holder, how does one get an ICC card - is it a whole new process of being selected etc or can someone request this, I am paid mostly in Dollars and there is a significant amount of spend that would be better charged and paid in USD plus apparently there is a difference to the benefits on the ICC card from the UK one like different airports in the International Meet and Greet and Chauffeur service

Last edited by Dogmatick; Nov 25, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:24 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Hey Dogmatick - this link should help: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/1...platinum-card/

/JK
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:41 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
.....how does one get an ICC card ....
Are you asking how to obtain an IDC Centurion card to replace your Sterling card, or how ro open an IDC Green, Gold or Platinum card to supplement it?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Are you asking how to obtain an IDC Centurion card to replace your Sterling card, or how ro open an IDC Green, Gold or Platinum card to supplement it?
hi thanks, does one not just get a foreign currency Centurion denominated in USD or is that considered a whole new account, or would it be a platinum etc that i had to apply for on my account

Just want to be a little forearmed before speaking to them

This would be in addition to keeping the Sterling o e

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.