Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by hur88
Stopped by two days ago and there was someone trying to get an extra box for his wife. They said no problem but he needed to show her boarding pass, so he had to download it onto his phone before he could grab another box.

I asked the agent whether they have a reopening date set yet, and she said "not yet, but soon"
Seems on par with CAs 6/15 "reopening"
Old May 25, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AAdamE
Seems on par with CAs 6/15 "reopening"
This has nothing to do with any California "reopening" since most of the state is already open.
The current pathetic situation is a combination of LA County, LAWA and Amex.

Last edited by SFO777; May 25, 2021 at 2:58 pm
Old May 25, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SFO777
This has nothing to do with any California "reopening" since most of the state is already open.
The current pathetic situation is a combination of LA County, LAWA and Amex.

I know it's frustrating, but I think an equally valid speculation is that Amex has decided to limit its service in a terminal that has significantly reduced flying, and is not particularly easily accessible to travelers who are flying out of other terminals.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Has anyone passed through in the last week? Any updates regarding possible mid-June reopening?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriot Gold
Was there last week and the week before. Got the grab and go box which I thought the food was fine. You get a big sandwhich which tastes very good. Some chips and sparkling water I believe.

Guy said he did not have a date but thought it would be relatively soon. Did get a tour of the lounge. Looks good.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has anyone passed through in the last week? Any updates regarding possible mid-June reopening?

-FlyerBeek
Just stopped by the lounge and it’s still closed / grab-and-go only. Agents still don’t have a date as to reopening other than “very soon” so read what you will into that haha

Also in other news they seem to have changed the menu — it’s a different kind of chicken wrap, and the cookies have been replaced by a “breakfast bar”:

Have yet to eat any of it (just got off B6 Mint with way too much food from JFK, and will probably save this for my AS flight in 3 hours) but can report back on impressions later
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:57 pm

My wife and I enjoyed the sandwhich. Would had preferred the cookie probably. But sandwhich is good.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by truncated
Just stopped by the lounge and it’s still closed / grab-and-go only. Agents still don’t have a date as to reopening other than “very soon” so read what you will into that haha
Great. Thanks for the update. Perhaps the 6/15 date suggested here is accurate. We shall see. I’m transiting LAX next on 6/17 and will report back.

-FlyerBeek
Brandinho1 and esc2476 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Great. Thanks for the update. Perhaps the 6/15 date suggested here is accurate. We shall see. I’m transiting LAX next on 6/17 and will report back.

-FlyerBeek
That's the big California reopening date, and it would make sense for Amex to reopen the lounge then. I know it's more complicated than getting the green light from the state (there's the airport authority & LA County), but I think most governmental authorities in California will make the big shift in their mandates on June 15.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:24 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
So much for that. TPG is reporting this morning that the lounge is now closed as of today until "later this year" for "building repairs", whatever that means.

The cynical side of me still thinks the limited service to date was driven primarily by limited foot traffic, not some dictate from LAWA or LA County.
Eastbay1K and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

A few posts have been removed.

It's on-topic to discuss the connection between Centurion lounge practices and government policies.

It's off-topic to discuss the government policies per se. It is a Flyertalk rule violation to use inflammatory language to characterize those who disagree with you on any topic.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:43 am

Well that is not ideal news to hear regarding this lounge. Bummer. When I was picking up food to go the other week, there was a pretty good number of people waiting in line for grab and go. Certainly not enough to fill the lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: amex
Originally Posted by dw
So much for that. TPG is reporting this morning that the lounge is now closed as of today until "later this year" for "building repairs", whatever that means.

The cynical side of me still thinks the limited service to date was driven primarily by limited foot traffic, not some dictate from LAWA or LA County.
Blaming this on construction seems dubious. They are closing the lounge just when travel is picking up. It is unfortunate that Amex is reducing services with no compensation to the cardholder.

Does anyone have info on the reopening of the OW lounge at TBIT? Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:16 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by dw
Amex is closing the Centurion Lounge in Los Angeles (thepointsguy.com)
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:23 am

When I went in two weeks ago, I asked the guy at the desk to give me a tour. He walked me through. The place looked clean and ready to go. In the bar area, there were some staff doing things. Looked like waitresses but possibly not waitresses and just regular staf getting things organized and stuff in that area. They were friendly and excited to see someone.

In one of the rooms there may have been some boxes or something and I think the guy said this is just some final work but I could be wrong on that as I wasn't paying attention to that part. But place looked good to go for the most part.
imnotalawyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.