Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I would never have done this if the Centurion Lounge were open but I was intrigued and decided to book The Salon by PS for my next trip out of LAX in a few weeks--$695 for a private terminal with a (shared among those who are there) lounge, and chauffeur service across the tarmac to your plane. Totally avoids LAX proper. Not something I would do regularly but my trip to LA is festive and I didn't want it to end with a chaotic airport experience.
I was thinking of that. Especially as it's free for Centurion members. Or once per year I think. But my next trip out of LAX is on DL so I might was well just use the Skyclub. And DL gave me the private chauffeured Porsche to the plane the last time I was there flying D1 to New York.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I was thinking of that. Especially as it's free for Centurion members. Or once per year I think. But my next trip out of LAX is on DL so I might was well just use the Skyclub.
I didn't realize it was free for Centurion members! Though that makes sense since I believe you also get a waived PS membership fee and one free use of the actual private suites, if I recall correctly? I'll be happy to report back about my experience if that's of interest.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
All true - but it seems somewhat strange that a virtually brand new lounge has to close for "building repairs" for an indefinite amount of time, and this lounge is coincidentally in the terminal that has probably seen the greatest decline in passenger volume at LAX. If Amex wants to save money and not operate the lounge, just come out and say so, rather than beat around the bush with this likely BS excuse.
It is not BS if AX is building repairs to its bottom line. There. I said it!
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SCChris
So in short, yes it's possible it really is some sort of building repairs; however, many people, myself included aren't inclined to believe Amex, especially without specifics.
It would have been mitigated somewhat if at least the grab and go option were still available. Would be interesting to know how the "building repairs" ultimately hindered this operation, assuming they were actually related at all.

Otherwise it just strikes me as AmEx also not wanting to pay to provide a bunch more takeout lunches during the last few months with increased passenger traffic.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 7:54 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Apparently the TBIT Star Alliance lounge re-opened this week. Not sure if there has actually been a significant change in foot traffic in that terminal (and even if so, who knows what it will look like going into the fall), but that's certainly promising to see something in that terminal re-open. Fingers crossed wrt the CL.
v4r likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: Some more than others
FWIW, I was in the neighborhood and walked by both the elevator and looked in from across the hall, saw no evidence of construction or any activity. At least two lounges in that area (*A and KAL) have reopened.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Wouldn't there be some permit/public notice if actual repairs were going on in the terminal? Seems pretty easy to truly see if any such activity is taking place. (But I think we all know the expected outcome)
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by safari ari
Wouldn't there be some permit/public notice if actual repairs were going on in the terminal? Seems pretty easy to truly see if any such activity is taking place. (But I think we all know the expected outcome)
The only signs at least at the elevator were saying that the CL was closed due to building repairs. I saw no building permit, though it is possible if they had one it was posted inside, though I know it is supposed to be visible to the public.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... building repairs. I saw no building permit,.....
Building repairs does not necessarily mean repairs to the lounge premises. It could be work elsewhere in the structure which affects electricity, air conditioning, plumbing, alarms, etc in the lounge.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
FWIW, I was in the neighborhood and walked by both the elevator and looked in from across the hall, saw no evidence of construction or any activity. At least two lounges in that area (*A and KAL) have reopened.

I arrived at TBIT on the 25th and didn’t see KAL open. It’s good hear that they are indeed open. Having two international flights next month, I’m happy that the Star Alliance Lounge is finally open. I also didn’t see any repair work at the Centurion Lounge.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Offthegrid
.... KAL open. It’s good hear that they are indeed open.....
This REPORT indicates that it is open, but not accepting Priority Pass.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
This REPORT indicates that it is open, but not accepting Priority Pass.
You’re right. I emailed Priority Pass and they stated they no longer have a lounge at LAX. They stated they’re working to correct the situation. Not having a Priority Pass Lounge at one of the world’s busiest airports is not good.
cuthroat and happychic like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Offthegrid
You’re right. I emailed Priority Pass and they stated they no longer have a lounge at LAX. They stated they’re working to correct the situation. Not having a Priority Pass Lounge at one of the world’s busiest airports is not good.
Best let Amex know as well with their presumed work closure on the LAX CL
CLT likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:08 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
I'm confused...are grab/go options not available?

The CL LAX website indicates that grab/go options are available (under the Food and Drink tab the standard "The Centurion® Lounge at LAX is not offering in-lounge seating or dining, and instead is providing grab-and-go pre-packaged food and beverage options for Card Members to enjoy outside of the lounge" message is shown).
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:21 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by CLT
I'm confused...are grab/go options not available?

The CL LAX website indicates that grab/go options are available (under the Food and Drink tab the standard "The Centurion® Lounge at LAX is not offering in-lounge seating or dining, and instead is providing grab-and-go pre-packaged food and beverage options for Card Members to enjoy outside of the lounge" message is shown).
It is closed. That part of the website must have been overlooked.
CLT and v4r like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.