Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Guate87
Now that the *A lounge is open in TBIT, the CL does not matter to me as much. I'll be there later today.

Since we're all speculating...what if the problem is that the lounge continually fills up with CO˛ and the HVAC system is insufficient to keep us healthy?

I did the grab-and-go weekly from Spring 2020 until it closed earlier this year. I always used the restroom, just to keep an eye on the facilities.

Here's hoping it reopens before my flight to Hawaii for Christmas.
sorry but what is the *A lounge? do Platinum card holders have access to it?
Guate87 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Star Alliance - no, not at TBIT/LAX (unless you have Status)
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bzcat
The lease probably has a force majeure clause that allows Amex to skip paying rent due to COVID.
Zero chance. Every commercial lease I've seen (and I see lots, they're a specialty) expressly excepts payment of rent from force majeure.

A standard commercial lease will not contain any provision excusing the tenant's nonpayment of rent due to the pandemic.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
The TBIT Star Alliance lounge allows those with Star Alliance Gold in and, for a limited time, One World Sapphires and Emeralds can visit the Business lounge.

If you are flying F TPAC on certain airlines you can go to the First Class *A lounge.

Now I am at SFO and hit the CL first, now am in the AF lounge (PP), AS is next, then UC then I fly to SEA. I am a lounge addict.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Now I am at SFO and hit the CL first, now am in the AF lounge (PP), AS is next, then UC then I fly to SEA. I am a lounge addict.
What? Skipping the AC? You need to block more time between flights!
Guate87 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Went by the elevator to the lounge yesterday. That whole area is super dirty and dusty - like the cleaning crews don't even go in there.

But TBIT sure isn't a ghost town. There was plenty of activity and every restaurant I saw was open and serving people.
Statman, fotoflyer88 and Guate87 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:42 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by miuk
my guess is that they'll reopen for the Holidays travel season
I wouldn't bet on it. Being LAX-based, I will be very happy if I am wrong!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: AA EXP.
The TBIT Star Alliance lounge allows those with Star Alliance Gold in and, for a limited time, One World Sapphires and Emeralds can visit the Business lounge.

If you are flying F TPAC on certain airlines you can go to the First Class *A lounge.

wait really? I had no idea that OW Sapphire and Emerald can get in! Obviously for AA on international routes id imagine but thats great news!
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP

Me too LOL
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
everytime I see an update on this thread I ask myself if today is the day. lol
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:36 pm

Still the same as of today, no signs of life at the lounge but the huge displays at TBIT show an AmEx ad saying “Centurion Lounge reopening soon”.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by nemenor
“Centurion Lounge reopening soon”.
"When you say it's going to happen now
Well, when exactly do you mean?
See, I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone"
Old Nov 9, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by nemenor
Still the same as of today, no signs of life at the lounge but the huge displays at TBIT show an AmEx ad saying “Centurion Lounge reopening soon”.
They've had the "Centurion Lounge reopening soon" displays up for the last 2 months.
fotoflyer88 and Offthegrid like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:14 pm

From November 3rd
renila and fotoflyer88 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
In time for Thanksgiving. But I'm flying DL and it probably makes more sense to use the SkyClub right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.