Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I know absolutely nothing about airport lounge regulations and licensing, but I'm actually inclined to give AMEX the benefit of the doubt here. They have been proactive in the reopening of all the other 11 Centurion lounges (LGA excluded due to the ongoing remodel) - even when the lounges have reopened and then had to substantially reduce service again (PHL). Why would AMEX deliberately single out LAX to delay as long as possible? I'll also note the two LAX Priority Pass restaurants are also still closed despite their respective terminals (1 and 6) being pretty busy the last time I checked. But, then again, there are plenty of other LAX in-terminal restaurants and airline lounges that are open. So, who knows?

-FlyerBeek
DJ_Iceman, dayone and Statman like this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I know absolutely nothing about airport lounge regulations and licensing, but I'm actually inclined to give AMEX the benefit of the doubt here. They have been proactive in the reopening of all the other 11 Centurion lounges (LGA excluded due to the ongoing remodel) - even when the lounges have reopened and then had to substantially reduce service again (PHL). Why would AMEX deliberately single out LAX to delay as long as possible? I'll also note the two LAX Priority Pass restaurants are also still closed despite their respective terminals (1 and 6) being pretty busy the last time I checked. But, then again, there are plenty of other LAX in-terminal restaurants and airline lounges that are open. So, who knows?

-FlyerBeek
I may have been on to something in my prior post. I checked (because why not) - The AX lounge has a Type 57 liquor license. The DL and UA lounges have Type 51. While they look similar, there may be some discrete differences with respect to the various rules with respect to reopening.
SPN Lifer, FlyerBeek, mia and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:33 am

Centurion Lounge LAX - What do you Grab n Go?

Anyone know the status of food service at the Centurion Lounge at LAX?

Amex says "Grab n Go" on the website, but not any more specific than that.

What are they serving?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:06 am

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
It's a cardboard lunch box with a turkey wrap, kettle chips, Pellegrino and/or Acqua Panna and a chocolate chip cookie.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Guate87
It's a cardboard lunch box with a turkey wrap, kettle chips, Pellegrino and/or Acqua Panna and a chocolate chip cookie.
Have they ditched the veggie option now (was a mushroom wrap for a while)?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I may have been on to something in my prior post. I checked (because why not) - The AX lounge has a Type 57 liquor license. The DL and UA lounges have Type 51. While they look similar, there may be some discrete differences with respect to the various rules with respect to reopening.
Took me all of a minute of Google Fu to find this. Apparently a Type 57 is "Generally issued to certain organizations who cannot qualify for club licenses," whatever that means. Type 51 is a "club" license. The only other difference listed is that the 57 allows for sales for off premise consumption, though clearly Amex is not availing itself of that even in normal times
Old Mar 30, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
any plans or eta when they might reopen lax lounge with better food options
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Which begs the question, why would LAX treat them differently for COVID purposes?

It may well simply be mindless punitive restrictions, we've certainly seen plenty of those in California.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Does the LAX Centurion Lounge have a kitchen on premises? Do the airline branded lounges have on premises kitchens?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by mia
Does the LAX Centurion Lounge have a kitchen on premises? Do the airline branded lounges have on premises kitchens?
Ding ding ding ding

I think we may have a winner here

The CL may be licensed like a restaurant and have to operate under LA and CA restaurant rules, whereas the airport lounges are not. May also explain why none of the international lounges have reopened either.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
April 1st and still closed. Just stopped by this morning and was told the same as before and above. Agents don't have a clue about plans to open. I declined the take away bag so can't comment on whether or not anything has changed.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by radonc1
The CL may be licensed like a restaurant and have to operate under LA and CA restaurant rules, whereas the airport lounges are not. May also explain why none of the international lounges have reopened either.
I think that's a possibility, though I suspect the international lounges just aren't open because of economics. What's odd is that indoor dining has been open in LA County for a few weeks now (albeit with reduced capacity), so I continue to suspect that it's not just airport authority or local government restrictions that are preventing the CL from being fully open.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Robt760
At this time (3/22/21) there is no getting “into” the Centurion Lounge. You go to the check in desk between 7am - 3pm, and after your membership is verified, you’ll receive a food and beverage bag for you to enjoy elsewhere. If you need to use the restroom, you’ll be allowed to do do.

Check the day you depart for the most up to date info on lounge policies via the Amex app > Membership > Find a Lounge > Type LAX at the top near the magnifying glass > Review the different lounges and policies.
Sorry, I did not know you cant get "into" the lounge. So there really is no lounge that I can get into on the international terminal, correct? Flying on Qatar business, have platinum, priority pass, etc. If thats the case, I might as well just hang out at the AS louge and AA lounge on the domestic side : /
Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
Sorry, I did not know you cant get "into" the lounge. So there really is no lounge that I can get into on the international terminal, correct? Flying on Qatar business, have platinum, priority pass, etc. If thats the case, I might as well just hang out at the AS louge and AA lounge on the domestic side : /
There's a KAL lounge in TBIT for Priority Pass holders: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...ax7-kal-lounge

It's pretty terrible though and only open 11 to 6PM - better than sitting in another terminal though in my mind
Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lax01
There's a KAL lounge in TBIT for Priority Pass holders: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...ax7-kal-lounge

It's pretty terrible though and only open 11 to 6PM - better than sitting in another terminal though in my mind
KE Lounge is open now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.