Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
LAX still in grab/go mode? What is in the "grab and go"? My options seem to be the Alaska lounge or the CL for LAX... This would be around 11:00 am.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
LAX still in grab/go mode? What is in the "grab and go"? My options seem to be the Alaska lounge or the CL for LAX... This would be around 11:00 am.
Yes, still grab-and-go only. Current menu posted below; it hasn't changed in the last two months. I asked today and was told they have no update or estimate for when the CL will be reopened. They're trying and I still have a hard time faulting the CL for LAX's nonsensical policies (for example, why it's perfectly acceptable to eat in some airport lounges but not others or why the airport has banned outside food from being allowed in airline lounges while being perfectly fine with eating the same food in a packed gate area).

-FlyerBeek

Old Apr 14, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
They're trying and I still have a hard time faulting the CL for LAX's nonsensical policies (for example, why it's perfectly acceptable to eat in some airport lounges but not others...
Having seen AA,AS,DL and UA, in addition to the CL, pursue differing approaches on any given day over the course of the pandemic, perhaps it's the lounge operators' respective interpretation of rules and/or implementation lead time that is at issue here. It seems pretty clear to me that Amex is trying to minimize staffing at this club right now due to reduced foot traffic in the terminal (and I don't blame them).
dw, FlyerBeek and bzcat like this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
perhaps it's the lounge operators' respective interpretation of rules and/or implementation lead time that is at issue here. It seems pretty clear to me that Amex is trying to minimize staffing at this club right now due to reduced foot traffic in the terminal (and I don't blame them).
Perhaps (and I also don't blame them for wanting to reduce costs), but AMEX'S desires to reduce costs might not be mutually exclusive with current regulatory burdens. The CL staff have been clear that the regulatory authorities have different requirements/policies for airline vs non-airline lounges at LAX. I find it hard to believe they're lying about that, and up-thread someone mentioned differences in liquor licensing that could partly explain some of the issues we're seeing here. Also, CL cost-avoidance still doesn't explain the other lounge policy inconsistencies at LAX we currently see that don't involve the CL.

-FlyerBeek
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Thanks for posting the menu. Flew into LAX about 30 minutes late owing to not one but two people being kicked off our flight. Didnt have enough time to walk from T5 to TBIT, so I went to the Alaska Club instead. Soup and salad was just fine.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Noon April 17th and no change. Still closed and no idea when it will open “we haven’t been told”. Grab and Go choice of fried chicken wrap or sweet potato/slaw wrap. We took one of each for our no food DL flight to DEN.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:56 pm

Thanks for sharing menu, is there one for breakfast or is it same all day?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Thanks for sharing menu, is there one for breakfast or is it same all day?
Same all day.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by sfo777
same all day.
🙏🏻
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Any updates on opening? Is there a number to call or way to find out if they are open for seating inside?
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by kpott
Any updates on opening? Is there a number to call or way to find out if they are open for seating inside?
I have no idea, but I suspect a lot of reopenings will occur on the June 15 date Gov. Newsom has mentioned. Exactly what will happen on that date is still being worked out, but something big is in store. The advantage of delaying a reopening until then is you don't have to set everything up for the current restrictions, and then repeat the process for the June 15 change.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 8:20 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by kpott
Not sure how quickly it will be updated once the lounge finally opens for seating, but I’d check the lounge finder tool online or in the mobile app.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dhuey
I have no idea, but I suspect a lot of reopenings will occur on the June 15 date Gov. Newsom has mentioned.
I don't think this has anything to do with statewide restrictions per se. It is based either on LA County (which still purports to have a quarantine for arriving travelers if you can believe it) and/or some asinine LAWA restriction. The fact that AMEX allows indoor dining at SFO but not LAX just shows how silly this is.
SFO777, cuthroat and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
LAX Centurion Status

Passing through LAX Sunday and wondering if anyone knows if the Centurion there is still grab-and-go only. Debating on if it's worth going over there (I'll be in T4 or 5, I believe).
Old Apr 26, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by DENDave
Passing through LAX Sunday and wondering if anyone knows if the Centurion there is still grab-and-go only. Debating on if it's worth going over there (I'll be in T4 or 5, I believe).
Please see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2020-a-20.html - updates on this even within the last 10 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.