Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
Oh really? Is that generally how all lounges are? Or is this for Amex centurion? Is it somewhere in the terms so I can point to it incase they don't let me in?
My post was referring specifically to AMEX Centurion Lounges which (in 2019) instituted a 3-hour-before-departure policy.
sowhatwegetdrunk and cuthroat like this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Oh really? Is that generally how all lounges are? Or is this for Amex centurion? Is it somewhere in the terms so I can point to it incase they don't let me in?
It's a Centurion Lounge policy: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/

"We will not admit Platinum and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card Member's same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card Members with a connecting flight."

Note the second sentence.

Here's a related FlyerTalk thread: Centurion Lounge crowding (access limited to 3 hours before flight departure)
Old Mar 22, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Thank you guys!
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:33 am

Programs: Various
Check Before You Go - Policies Are In Flux

Do they enforce the within 3 hour departure policy?

We are arriving at LAX on alaska first class at 9 AM and flying on qatar business at 4 PM. Got plenty of time so I decided to not take that day off and work remotely from a lounge. Will I be able to get into LAX centurion at 10 AM? If not, any recommendation on which lounge to use in the international terminal? This will be on April 1st

Should I try getting into Alaska lounge on the domestic side? Booked using AA miles (no status on any airline). Is AA admiral lounge an option at all?

Edit - Looks like AA lounge might be an option - https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp - It says that from April 1, they will allow oneworld business class passenger into the lounge! Question is, will they allow us in 7 hours before the international flight? : )
At this time (3/22/21) there is no getting “into” the Centurion Lounge. You go to the check in desk between 7am - 3pm, and after your membership is verified, you’ll receive a food and beverage bag for you to enjoy elsewhere. If you need to use the restroom, you’ll be allowed to do do.

Check the day you depart for the most up to date info on lounge policies via the Amex app > Membership > Find a Lounge > Type LAX at the top near the magnifying glass > Review the different lounges and policies.
dw, SFO777, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Is there a different breakfast to-go box offered in the morning, or is it just the same lavash wrap as is served later in the day?

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Is there a different breakfast to-go box offered in the morning, or is it just the same lavash wrap as is served later in the day?
Same thing all day (as of last month, at least).
FlyerBeek and cuthroat like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Stopped in this morning. The agent I spoke with said it’s the airport that is preventing them from opening. She said the AA DL and AS lounges have different standards and are treated differently by LAWA. Correct? Not correct? Who knows.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by houstr8male
Stopped in this morning. The agent I spoke with said it’s the airport that is preventing them from opening. She said the AA DL and AS lounges have different standards and are treated differently by LAWA. Correct? Not correct? Who knows.
Are we really surprised on the uneven application of anything this past year?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 2:38 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Perhaps the Centurion Lounge is equated with a dining establishment whereas the others are not? If so, even though indoor dining is now allowed in LA County, there are capacity restrictions which could apply to the lounge. (I can tell you from recent personal experience at LAX- no capacity restrictions seemed to be in place at the Sky Club or Admirals Club- they were both packed.)
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Centurion was also more restrictive at SEA - to go bags only while DL lounge was fully operational. Whether this is really the airport vs. AMEX, who knows. It's certainly easier to blame the airport than your employer.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Also stopped by this morning. In addition to the sweet potato lavash wrap pictured above there's also the option of a chicken wrap. I was also told the same thing by the staff... they have no estimate when the lounge will be allowed to reopen. The county and airport authorities have different reopening standards at LAX for airline lounges compared with independent lounge. Hence, why it's perfectly safe to be in a packed DL or AA lounge but not in an AMEX lounge.

-FlyerBeek
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:25 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The county and airport authorities have different reopening standards at LAX for airline lounges compared with independent lounge
Yeah that sounds like something they just made up to tell people who ask why it isn’t fully open yet.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Also stopped by this morning.... I was also told the same thing by the staff... they have no estimate when the lounge will be allowed to reopen. The county and airport authorities have different reopening standards at LAX for airline lounges compared with independent lounge. Hence, why it's perfectly safe to be in a packed DL or AA lounge but not in an AMEX lounge. -FlyerBeek
Originally Posted by dw
Yeah that sounds like something they just made up to tell people who ask why it isn’t fully open yet.
Indeed.
Amex, apparently following Delta's lead of blaming their sorry lack of service on Covid.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Also stopped by this morning. In addition to the sweet potato lavash wrap pictured above there's also the option of a chicken wrap. I was also told the same thing by the staff... they have no estimate when the lounge will be allowed to reopen. The county and airport authorities have different reopening standards at LAX for airline lounges compared with independent lounge. Hence, why it's perfectly safe to be in a packed DL or AA lounge but not in an AMEX lounge.

-FlyerBeek
That line is almost as good as an FA making up FAA rules. But it could very well be what the bosses told the employees, who have to deliver the news to our parched lips yearning for a cocktail.

I wonder if the AX lounge has a different liquor license type than the others, or has an operating permit that describes it differently than the other lounges. If and only if so, it could lead to an interpretation of the rules leading to this result. More likely, I'd call it hogwash, but even hogwash presumably leaves the hog clean, so I won't call it hogwash. I'll leave it in the "is there a reasonable doubt that we've not heard the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" department.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I find it difficult to believe there are different county or airport health safety standards for lounges depending on operator.

Most likely this is an Amex corporate decision. They are just not ready to reopen and don't want to deal with enforcing capacity restriction.
SFO777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.