Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:53 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by SFO777
KE Lounge is open now?
Not according to the Priority Pass website
Old Apr 2, 2021, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dw
It is open 7 am to 11:30 pm according to the ST website. Perhaps just closed to PP members?
Old Apr 2, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Kacee
It is open 7 am to 11:30 pm according to the ST website. Perhaps just closed to PP members?
Still closed per KE website.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Apr 2, 2021 at 3:43 pm Reason: correction
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dw
I think that's a possibility, though I suspect the international lounges just aren't open because of economics. What's odd is that indoor dining has been open in LA County for a few weeks now (albeit with reduced capacity), so I continue to suspect that it's not just airport authority or local government restrictions that are preventing the CL from being fully open.
I think this is the case. None of the lounges in TBIT sees enough passengers per day to justify opening. Most international flights have very low passenger loads and some are not even operating passenger flights (e.g. QF) so TBIT is still basically a ghost town.

AA, DL, UA, AS lounges are open because they have much more domestic passengers passing through the terminals.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by dw
oh woops, I didn't see any major closure notices on the PP site
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by bzcat
I think this is the case. None of the lounges in TBIT sees enough passengers per day to justify opening. Most international flights have very low passenger loads and some are not even operating passenger flights (e.g. QF) so TBIT is still basically a ghost town.
Quite a difference from JFK International lounges. Even if there isn't a lot of passengers, several lounges are still open. I've used the AF lounge several times during the pandemic. And KL pax use the DL lounge. But I think JFK must have more intl pax than LAX, especially to Europe.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Quite a difference from JFK International lounges. Even if there isn't a lot of passengers, several lounges are still open. I've used the AF lounge several times during the pandemic. And KL pax use the DL lounge. But I think JFK must have more intl pax than LAX, especially to Europe.
I'd be willing to bet if there were any way to move airside between T1 and T4, AF would say screw it and tell customers to use the SkyClub. presumably they have the elite/J pax volume and no alternative in that terminal.

​​​​​​
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:40 pm
dw

Well LA County is as of today in the state’s “orange tier”, meaning a further relaxing of restrictions. Restaurants will be allowed 50% capacity, and even bars that don’t serve food will be allowed to open now (though for outdoor seating only). Can’t reasonably see any more holdups to the CL not being open due to regulatory restrictions. Even if they are subject to indoor dining restrictions, with the current level of foot traffic in TBIT, surely they could open at 50% capacity?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dw
Well LA County is as of today in the state’s “orange tier”, meaning a further relaxing of restrictions. Restaurants will be allowed 50% capacity, and even bars that don’t serve food will be allowed to open now (though for outdoor seating only). Can’t reasonably see any more holdups to the CL not being open due to regulatory restrictions. Even if they are subject to indoor dining restrictions, with the current level of foot traffic in TBIT, surely they could open at 50% capacity?
Unless it's an LAWA restriction, not tied to LA County.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:19 am
dw

Originally Posted by Kacee
Unless it's an LAWA restriction, not tied to LA County.
Does anyone know if there are sit down restaurants now open for in person dining at LAX? (Tbh I've been through LAX twice in the past few weeks but didn't even pay attention, other than noticing that the bar in T2 is definitely still closed.)
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:42 am

I was looking forward to sitting in LAX CL until I found out about the grab n go deal. Amex better open it up with the platinum card rate hikes and stop blaming lack of service on COVID. It’s not like I have the opportunity to access a CL more than a couple times a year
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
When I stopped for the Grab n Go at LAX (3pm on a Wednesday) it was closed (For cleaning) Pretty annoyed, as there was nothing else nearby, went to the Admiral's club and had kibbles and bits.

Do they ever give points as a customer service gesture when the lounges aren't available when they should be? On the other hand, maybe it was closed due to a worker coming down with covid and needed to sanitize the place.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
When I stopped for the Grab n Go at LAX (3pm on a Wednesday) it was closed (For cleaning) Pretty annoyed, as there was nothing else nearby, went to the Admiral's club and had kibbles and bits.

Do they ever give points as a customer service gesture when the lounges aren't available when they should be? On the other hand, maybe it was closed due to a worker coming down with covid and needed to sanitize the place.
I believe 3pm is the scheduled closing time (for some reason)
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Originally Posted by djdw905
Indeed, current hours are 7am-3pm. But since all they offer is Grab N Go, what's the point? Just close until you can open for real. You are just alienating members.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by djdw905
Correct. 7am to 3pm is 8 hours, which means it can be operated with a single shift. This will change, as it has at other locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.