Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I mentioned this to the Amex rep who was trying to keep me from cancelling my personal Platinum. He knew about the issue, but I'm still glad I made the point when I cancelled.
Good for you. I reluctantly renewed two months ago, with plans to travel thru LAX this summer and fall. The Amex rep mentioned the LAX lounge. Think I'll call them and tell them they don't keep their promises.
dw and josephstern like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
This is absolutely bogus. I was looking forward to visiting this lounge in a few days and at least grabbing some food to go.

Agreed. I have another flight out of LAX on Sunday and was looking forward to at least a “grab bag”. Between the Centurion and Star Alliance Lounge closures, LAX is losing a lot of its appeal. Is there any indication as what repairs they are making?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by Offthegrid
Agreed. I have another flight out of LAX on Sunday and was looking forward to at least a “grab bag”. Between the Centurion and Star Alliance Lounge closures, LAX is losing a lot of its appeal. Is there any indication as what repairs they are making?

Its strange to me that they need to close for repairs for a club that never really opened and only needs to use the front lobby
dw, fotoflyer88 and cuthroat like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Between the Centurion and Star Alliance Lounge closures, LAX is losing a lot of its appeal.
LAX has much bigger issues than the current absence of open lounges in TBIT. Such as the ongoing construction (including in particular the demolition of T3 and significant ongoing work at TBIT) and the return of gridlock to the roadways. To me, the TBIT lounge situation is a minor blip compared to those issues.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:01 pm

Tried to see if they would offer anything since the lounge is closed completely and now, we can't even get a grab bag to go. No luck.

So with that lounge closed, whats the next place that amex members can use?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
LAX has much bigger issues than the current absence of open lounges in TBIT. Such as the ongoing construction (including in particular the demolition of T3 and significant ongoing work at TBIT) and the return of gridlock to the roadways. To me, the TBIT lounge situation is a minor blip compared to those issues.
I was only speaking from my personal perspective of visiting lounges.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was only speaking from my personal perspective of visiting lounges.
Fair enough. We may not see TBIT lounge openings until Asia opens back up.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:25 pm

Agreed. As someone who was based in Asia prior to the pandemic, I’m hoping it’s soon.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:57 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Hopefully that doesn’t also end up applying to the CL, because at that rate we could be looking at 2022.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:33 pm

are the lounges closed due a restriction from TBIT or just a coincidence that they are all closed?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Yes, Amex is making repairs to the income statement of the LAX lounge. It's been leaking red ink since it opened during the first week of COVID shutdown.

So naturally, it is closing during the first week of COVID reopening... Amex is all about impeccable timing.
dw, brabb12 and cuthroat like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
Yes, Amex is making repairs to the income statement of the LAX lounge. It's been leaking red ink since it opened during the first week of COVID shutdown.

So naturally, it is closing during the first week of COVID reopening... Amex is all about impeccable timing.
stil have no idea what grab and go has to do with this.
brabb12 and cuthroat like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
So I'm wondering why the CL was grab and go in the first place. The AA Admirals Club was open and the Alaska Club was open. Indeed the Alaska Club food procedure was the same as you would find in the CLs in DFW, PHL, CLT, and MIA.

This feels like a major bovine fecal matter move by Amex.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Amil
are the lounges closed due a restriction from TBIT or just a coincidence that they are all closed?
I think the other TBIT lounges are closed simply because International travel remains so depressed. Makes no sense for Qantas to open their lounges when they're not even flying.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I think the other TBIT lounges are closed simply because International travel remains so depressed. Makes no sense for Qantas to open their lounges when they're not even flying.

-FlyerBeek
its just a weird coincidence and then amex was grab and go even though lounges were allowed to be open at certain capacity in los angeles. like the other domestic lounges.
fotoflyer88 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.