Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
This lounge has not been used since it opened. Sitting Idle the entire year, while other AX lounges have been opening and operating. Yet, with travel expected to finally pickup they decide now to close and do "repairs", ridiculous.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
This should pretty much end the argument on the reason why Amex lounge was not fully opened when the other lounges are. It's purely a business decision as many have long suspected, and not due to any county, city, or airport restrictions. Amex just didn't want to operate it given the reduced foot traffic in TBIT.
dw, GUWonder, SPN Lifer and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:38 am

The lounge has barely been used and has been immaculate.
I'd venture they're postponing purely due to less foot traffic in TBIT, given they no longer can use the government as an excuse after 6/15.
dw, bzcat and cuthroat like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Sounds like this lounge closure is something some people may use to try to get a retention bonus or some other offer to offset the Amex card fees later this year. But given Amex may be going cheap on lounges for more of this year still, maybe Amex will go cheaper on retention offers/fee offsets this year than last year.

I was looking forward to finally using this lounge this summer, but I guess this won’t be the year for that.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:07 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I was looking forward to finally using this lounge this summer, but I guess this won’t be the year for that.
Same here-- with my primary airports being LAX and LGA, I haven't stepped foot in a Centurion Lounge since February 2020.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dw
So much for that. TPG is reporting this morning that the lounge is now closed as of today until "later this year" for "building repairs", whatever that means..

Curiously, this closure is not reflected on the American Express website. It still says:

The Centurion® Lounge at LAX is not offering in-lounge seating or dining, and instead is providing grab-and-go pre-packaged food and beverage options for Card Members to enjoy outside of the lounge....Hours: 7 am - 3 pm
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:22 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mia
Curiously, this closure is not reflected on the American Express website. It still says:
Yes, it's odd that they didn't update it yet. What was updated as early as yesterday morning, however, was the lounge finder tool in the Amex app. It says "The Centurion Lounge at Los Angeles International Airport is temporarily closed due to building repairs. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming our premium Card Members back soon."
SPN Lifer and mia like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dw
Yes, it's odd that they didn't update it yet. What was updated as early as yesterday morning, however, was the lounge finder tool in the Amex app. It says "The Centurion Lounge at Los Angeles International Airport is temporarily closed due to building repairs. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming our premium Card Members back soon."
Maybe Amex prioritizes updating the lounge list for its apps before updating its website; and/or it has a different update schedule from a backend database used for the apps and the website’s lounge finder.

This hasn’t been the first time where there has been a discrepancy in the lounge information between that provided by the app and that provided by the website.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: amex
Anyone have info on either the OW lounge or the KAL lounge? Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hanglevst
Anyone have info on either the OW lounge or the KAL lounge? Thanks
There are no lounges open in TBIT.

The Admiral's Club in T4 is closest open lounge.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The website and FAQ are now reflecting the temporary closure.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by dw
So much for that. TPG is reporting this morning that the lounge is now closed as of today until "later this year" for "building repairs", whatever that means.
So they're not even going to be open for grab and go while they're doing "repairs"?

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Sounds like this lounge closure is something some people may use to try to get a retention bonus or some other offer to offset the Amex card fees later this year.
Not just because of this particular lounge, but the fact that I have to get onto a waitlist over half the time I walk up to a CL. This benefit has gone downhill fast.
SPN Lifer and StartinSanDiego like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
edit: skipped the last page of this thread by accident lol
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I mentioned this to the Amex rep who was trying to keep me from cancelling my personal Platinum. He knew about the issue, but I'm still glad I made the point when I cancelled.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
This is absolutely bogus. I was looking forward to visiting this lounge in a few days and at least grabbing some food to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.