Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
indoor dining just reopened. anyone went there recently
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by happyvoid
indoor dining just reopened. anyone went there recently
just been there...still grab & go, still same, soggy wraps. Wish they rotate the menu.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
just been there...still grab & go, still same, soggy wraps. Wish they rotate the menu.
At this stage, the supressed traffic level in TBIT seems to be more of a factor in not opening than local regulations.
dw and CLT like this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 11:39 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
At this stage, the supressed traffic level in TBIT seems to be more of a factor in not opening than local regulations.
I’ve actually been surprised at how busy T4 has been recently, but I’m not sure a sufficient number of people are going to trek over for the Centurion Lounge, especially since some people might rather arrive later now to minimize the amount of time spent in the terminal, and also with drastically reduced traffic in the horseshoe outside, you no longer have to plan extra time just in case there’s traffic. (Even with more crowded terminals now, as of late it’s taken me about 5 minutes to get to T4 after entering, vs up to 30 min pre-pandemic.)
NYC Flyer and CLT like this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I don't mind the current status, but dang, change out the food choices already!
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I’ve actually been surprised at how busy T4 has been recently, but I’m not sure a sufficient number of people are going to trek over for the Centurion Lounge, especially since some people might rather arrive later now to minimize the amount of time spent in the terminal, and also with drastically reduced traffic in the horseshoe outside, you no longer have to plan extra time just in case there’s traffic. (Even with more crowded terminals now, as of late it’s taken me about 5 minutes to get to T4 after entering, vs up to 30 min pre-pandemic.)
T4 is indeed getting busier, and so is Delta's terminal.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
I don't mind the current status, but dang, change out the food choices already!
You've been going through there a lot? I'd think they aren't yet seeing a lot of repeat business at this point.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
You've been going through there a lot? I'd think they aren't yet seeing a lot of repeat business at this point.
Yeah, unfortunately. Hopefully they will reopen soon and have more choices
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Given that the *A and OW lounges at LAX are closed, I'd expect this one to be getting a reasonable amount of traffic.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Given that the *A and OW lounges at LAX are closed, I'd expect this one to be getting a reasonable amount of traffic.
I was last in the TBIT on 2/28 (Gate 151, LAX-DFW)

There were 5 flights leaving at my time (or within an hour) besides mine: 2 JAL, one KE, one Chinese and a KLM to Amsterdam.
I could count the number of passengers waiting for the international flights on my toes and fingers.

If my flight had been leaving out of 4 rather than the TBIT, then the activity level in this terminal would have been minimal, to say the least.

Maybe things have turned around in a month. However, all I can say is that just about everything was locked up tight when I was there.
dw likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Do they enforce the within 3 hour departure policy?

We are arriving at LAX on alaska first class at 9 AM and flying on qatar business at 4 PM. Got plenty of time so I decided to not take that day off and work remotely from a lounge. Will I be able to get into LAX centurion at 10 AM? If not, any recommendation on which lounge to use in the international terminal? This will be on April 1st

Should I try getting into Alaska lounge on the domestic side? Booked using AA miles (no status on any airline). Is AA admiral lounge an option at all?

Edit - Looks like AA lounge might be an option - https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp - It says that from April 1, they will allow oneworld business class passenger into the lounge! Question is, will they allow us in 7 hours before the international flight? : )

Last edited by sowhatwegetdrunk; Mar 22, 2021 at 12:05 pm
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
Do they enforce the within 3 hour departure policy?

We are arriving at LAX on alaska first class at 9 AM and flying on qatar business at 4 PM.
The 3-hour policy does not apply with proof of a connecting flight.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Edit - Looks like AA lounge might be an option - https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp - It says that from April 1, they will allow oneworld business class passenger into the lounge! Question is, will they allow us in 7 hours before the international flight? : )
There is no time limit for AA Admirals One World partner access... just same day. I'd maybe start at AS (T6), then go to AA (T4) then Amex (TBIT). All lounges and terminals are easily accessible airside by tunnel or walkway. But that's a long time to spend with the current terrible COVID food offerings. My suggestion would be to leave the terminal for while and walk to In-N-Out for a real meal.

Originally Posted by gengar
That seems to mirror my experience.
Was able to access JFK by showing both arriving EK BP and departing (4 hours later) AA BP.
And DEN showing my arriving UA BP and departing DL (10 hours later) BP.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
Oh really? Is that generally how all lounges are? Or is this for Amex centurion? Is it somewhere in the terms so I can point to it incase they don't let me in?

Originally Posted by SFO777
There is no time limit for AA Admirals One World partner access... just same day. I'd maybe start at AS (T6), then go to AA (T4) then Amex (TBIT). All lounges and terminals are easily accessible airside by tunnel or walkway. But that's a long time to spend with the current terrible COVID food offerings. My suggestion would be to leave the terminal for while and walk to In-N-Out for a real meal.
Thats my thought as well. AS (T6) to AA (T4) to Amex Centurion (TBIT) : ) But will AS let me in with an arrival first class AS boarding pass? QR business may not be good enough for AS since QR is not their partner and AS is not one-world yet?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Oh really? Is that generally how all lounges are? Or is this for Amex centurion? Is it somewhere in the terms so I can point to it incase they don't let me in?
Rule for AX check their T&Cs on the lounge page, as SFO777 has pointed out, and similarly done myself, just show the inbound/outbound BP and it will be fine.

Thats my thought as well. AS (T6) to AA (T4) to Amex Centurion (TBIT) : ) But will AS let me in with an arrival first class AS boarding pass? QR business may not be good enough for AS since QR is not their partner and AS is not one-world yet?
AS yes, as long as it is a paid F ticket, lounge access is granted all day. QR is a partner of AS, and on 4/1 will be in OW. None of this should be a problem.
sowhatwegetdrunk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.