Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I know they had planned to open this lounge in 2019 originally. Is there an updated date when this will be open in 2020?
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by happychic
I know they had planned to open this lounge in 2019 originally. Is there an updated date when this will be open in 2020?
Probably February or March. I just did an online records search and looks like the AMEX liquor license is pending.

It looks like the company that is handling bar service is hiring for a food / beverages manager:

Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
Probably February or March. I just did an online records search and looks like the AMEX liquor license is pending.
Excellent news.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: ex-United 1K, now a Private Pilot! :)
Originally Posted by OUTraveling

It looks like the company that is handling bar service is hiring for a food / beverages manager:

Seems like their application is closed. Fingers crossed they will be open by the time I pass by on Feb 18th...
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
When I checked into the Centurion Lounge at DFW on Friday, one of the people on the front desk mentioned she was due to move to work in the soon-to-be-opened venue at LAX. She said that she had been told to expect it to open in March or April, which is a shame for me as I'm flying out of there in February.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I'm flying out in February too😞
aca36 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:08 am

Bummer, I’ve got my first flight out of Tom Bradley in a decade on February 29 and I was hoping — wouldn’t surprise me if I’m never in that terminal again with Delta in 2/3.
fotoflyer88 and aca36 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
Bummer, I’ve got my first flight out of Tom Bradley in a decade on February 29 and I was hoping — wouldn’t surprise me if I’m never in that terminal again with Delta in 2/3.
Eventually there will be an airside connection from TBIT to 2/3
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Eventually there will be an airside connection from TBIT to 2/3
don't know if you're only referring to a walkway but in the mean time, i think Delta runs buses between the three terminals.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
There are airside buses between TBIT and 2/3.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by BenSenise
don't know if you're only referring to a walkway but in the mean time, i think Delta runs buses between the three terminals.
Yeah I meant walkway instead of bus
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Yeah I meant walkway instead of bus
Walkways would obviously be preferable, but the shuttles between T2-3 and TBIT run quite frequently and are quite easy to catch.

Atleast LAX has many of its terminals connected airside, unlike SFO.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:59 pm

My wishlist for LAX Cent longe: 1) more space & less crowding, an environment opposite of the SFO zoo; 2) mix up the menu and not just chicken thighs prepared a gazillion ways; 3) have some house rules, namely no laying down going to sleep, keep shoes on and off the furniture, and new plate for each visit to the food station.

Again, do the opposite of whatever SFO has become and this will be a smashing success.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by aca36
Seems like their application is closed. Fingers crossed they will be open by the time I pass by on Feb 18th...
Yes - I need this to be open by 2/17- Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Assume it'll be here? (Just by the esclator from immigration down to baggage claim.)

Last edited by gengar; Feb 3, 2020 at 12:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.