Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Discussion from 2013 - 2016 is HERE.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Also check Delta.com: Sometimes better offers might be available there.

The Amex referral page has a 60K offer for the Delta Personal card.

The following offers for up to 70K on personal and business:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#Platinum

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/

valid through 04/11/2018

There are several 60, 000 miles offers for the personal card with the first year annual fee waived the first year, valid through May 1, 2019. They are listed in this referral thread. These are way better than the current standard public offer of 30,000 miles shown on Delta's website

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/delta-gold-credit-card/

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/gold-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card/

personal card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, 10k MQM, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/platinum-delta-skymiles-credit-card

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/platinum-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card

If you are current Delta Platinum AMEX cardholder, you might be eligible for 10K referral offer. New cardmember bonus is 70K.
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...af/201193-CCSG

__________________________________________________ _____________
From 2013-2016 thread:
Delta Amex Gold personal card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $3,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...803/learn-more

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $4,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...card-learnmore

Delta Amex Platinum personal card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dTGh6YYi20bhY=

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...H*eEoCo4ueJ0=?

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 40k miles + $50 statement credit, $1,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...C30TFwBwHd9o=?

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you make $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and $1000 more w/in 6 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight. [Did [b]not work when I booked a flt today, 3/15/17.]

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/
"Earn up 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 stmt. credit."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).
vah4883 received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card
philemer received $100 credit for buying a box lunch on board
END
Print Wikipost

Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:26 pm

I received a targeted offer for the Delta Gold 60k today which did not include the previous card bonus language. I had received 30K with the card in Jan 2014. Canceled it in Oct 2014. I have obtained 2 platinum and 2 business cards which I also have canceled. So I do not have any Delta cards now.

I called the phone number on the offer and talked with a CSR. He indicated Am Ex is sending out targeted offers to previous card holders to build their business. With his help we found a magic code on the offer. He checked the code and found that the restriction on a previous bonus on this product would not apply on my application. He would have taken my application then but I need time to satisfy other minimum spends.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Yours is a targeted offer.

I have not received the snail mail but the DL email sent me took me to the landing page to log in first. Then it took me to the application area where the nasty sentence is missing under the card image and all the descriptions of the card on the right hand side of the screen.
On the application page under Other Terms, again the nasty sentence is missing.

I sent a friend the URL of the page to log in - he got the landing page WITH the nasty sentence in the same areas on both screen. Therefore it is safe to conclude on this round like in the past, AMEX has sent out some targeted offers.

Saw it on Reddit someone posts the image comparison of the targeted offer and the public offer - you can see the targeted offer took out the nasty sentence in the middle of the image.

Therefore you are good to go. Yes, all organic spend is needed.
Looks like my dad received an email for a 60K DL gold card plus $50 for a DL purchase, he had this card about 2 years ago

I don't see any once in a lifetime rules..........the app page pre loaded with his DL #

One easy way to check to see if you will get the points is to make the $50 DL purchased first. Years ago when I was denied the points the $50 statement credit was also denied

As far as not MSing the spend, does that mean no gift cards ?

Terms and Conditions

Consumer Card POID: CHT6:0001

1. To qualify for the 50,000 bonus miles, you must make purchases with your Delta Gold SkyMiles® Credit Card that total $2,000 or more within your first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. If you qualify for the first 50,000 bonus miles, you can earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles (for a total of 60,000 bonus miles), after you use your Card to make an additional $1,000 in purchases (for a total of $3,000 in purchases) by the end of your first 6 months of Card Membership, starting from the date your account is approved. Miles will be credited to your account 6-8 weeks after you meet each spend requirement. Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account. Purchases to meet the spend requirement do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers (balance transfers are not available on Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Cards), cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer. To receive the 60,000 bonus miles, your Card must not be cancelled or past due at the time of fulfillment. You can earn up to 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within your first 6 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to spend $3,000 may be shorter than 6 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 6 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped).

2. One statement credit for $50 will be issued to your Card account after a Delta purchase is charged to your Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership, starting from the date your account is approved. Purchases to meet the spend requirement include those made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the Card Account. Purchase must be made directly through Delta. A purchase may not qualify for the statement credit if it is submitted under a merchant code that has not been categorized as a Delta merchant code as of the date of the purchase(s). Credit will be issued as a Card Member statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Delta purchase. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer. To receive the $50 statement credit, your Card account must not be cancelled or past due at the time of fulfillment. Purchases to meet the spend requirement do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers (balance transfers are not available on Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Cards), cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards; person-to-person payments, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.. You can earn a $50 statement credit after you make your first Delta purchase on your Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to make your first purchase may be shorter than 3 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 3 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped).

3. The annual fee for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card will be waived for the first year of Card Membership. After that, the annual fee will be $95.

4. If your application is not received by 11/08/2017, we will not process your application even if we later receive your application. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time. If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome bonus offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome bonus offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit the welcome bonus to, we may freeze the welcome bonus credited to, or we may take away the welcome bonus from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by C W
Don't manufacture the spend.
I have not followed Amex lately so would appreciate if someone could point me to a relevant thread. I noticed the T&C having unusually stronger language about not using the card on cash like purchases. Are there DP about Amex clawing back bonuses for those who used MS to meet spend? Thinking of using Simon mall.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
...T&C having unusually stronger language about not using the card on cash like purchases. ...
Discussion here:

Amex USA terms now penalize:abuse,misuse,gaming;1st yr downgrade/close;leaked offers.

Reports of bonuses denied or clawed back are spread across many threads because posters tend to report in connection with the specific card. In particular be aware that the individual transaction which crosses the spend threshold is special. It is linked to the bonus. If that specific transaction is reversed, or a credit issued against it, the bonus will automatically be retracted and all the transactions made to achieve the bonus will be reviewed when you ask to have the bonus reinstated.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:13 pm

I received an mail offer, is madic code you mentioned CHT6:0001?

CHT6:0001 is on my offer, cannot find "not available if you have or had" words. I'm thinking to go for it.

Originally Posted by Raldog
I received a targeted offer for the Delta Gold 60k today which did not include the previous card bonus language. I had received 30K with the card in Jan 2014. Canceled it in Oct 2014. I have obtained 2 platinum and 2 business cards which I also have canceled. So I do not have any Delta cards now.

I called the phone number on the offer and talked with a CSR. He indicated Am Ex is sending out targeted offers to previous card holders to build their business. With his help we found a magic code on the offer. He checked the code and found that the restriction on a previous bonus on this product would not apply on my application. He would have taken my application then but I need time to satisfy other minimum spends.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:29 am

I don't see any 60K Delta Biz Gold referrals over on the referrals thread. Anybody have one for me? Looking to do someone a favor rather than just sign up off the web.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:40 am

Received a targeted 70k personal platinum offer via snail mail without the "welcome bonus not available" language about a week and a half ago. It did not have the $100 statement credit, though. Then they emailed me a revised offer last night that included the statement credit. Applied and approved (I've had the card before). If you received a mailer, it might be worth waiting to see if you get a better offer via email.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:56 pm

I applied delta platinum business today and got approval. BUT there was a hard inquiry from Amex. I thought they don't pull a hard inquiry for business credit cards.... I applied this credit card mainly because I knew that this was not going to do a hard pull..
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
... I thought they don't pull a hard inquiry for business credit cards....
The opened account is not reported (unless you default), but the inquiry is.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The opened account is not reported (unless you default), but the inquiry is.
ok. so I don't have to worry about the delta platinum biz being counted against chase 5/24, even though the hard pull was requested from Amex?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:24 am

Deleted...

Last edited by asdfghjk; Nov 14, 2017 at 6:01 pm
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:35 am

AMEX Delta

If I already have the AMEX Personal Gold Delta card, will I be eligible for the Business Gold version bonus points? Don't know much about AMEX products so I want to make sure I get the green light before applying.

On a side note, should I get the Platinum business over the Gold Business? Does the additional bonus points on the Plat really worth the $200 annual fee? Any thoughts on this? Don't usually fly with Delta but I am trying to collect different airline points to give me more options.

Have 85k Delta Point at the moment.

If I get business or plat, will bring me to a minimum of 150k.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by ponickka
If I already have the AMEX Personal Gold Delta card, will I be eligible for the Business Gold version bonus points? Don't know much about AMEX products so I want to make sure I get the green light before applying.
Yes, you will if you never had the card before.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:25 pm

I just applied for the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles "pre-approved" offer in my account (70k miles + $100 statement credit). I figured I had nothing to lose, since I was sure to get the card. That's what "pre-approved" means, right?
Well, not exactly. When I actually applied, I got the same lame message that many others get who are not "pre-approved":

Thanks, Joseph. We've received your application, but we can't give you a decision right now

Uh....ok. Pardon me, but if you're going to claim that I'm "pre-approved" and then proceed to treat me like everyone else, you might want to consider marketing your offers a bit differently, because they're very misleading. At the very least, consider placing an asterisk next to the words "pre-approved", with accompanying fine print explaining exactly what that means.

Disclosure: I did lock my Equifax credit report a few days before applying for this card. But, this shouldn't affect their decision, since Amex pulls from Experian.

Last edited by joer1212; Oct 18, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.