Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I think it works. Did the same path for my wife, and the 225k plus points for charges are pending.

great. Thanks. Will go for the gold in a month or so
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by thegingninj
Where can I find the biz gold 75k offer with $2k spend? Am I ineligible if I already have a platinum personal?

Thanks
Same question. Or can someone at least share the phone number on the offer they got in the mail? It seems like you might be able to do this, with the proper phone number:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22655300-post30.html

The number in that post takes you straight to the "I understand that you recently received an offer for a Business Platinum card in the mail" department, who could have opened a Gold for me, but couldn't see the 75k offer at any spending level. I'm guessing the Business Gold department may have better access to Gold offers.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Same question. Or can someone at least share the phone number on the offer they got in the mail? It seems like you might be able to do this, with the proper phone number:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22655300-post30.html

The number in that post takes you straight to the "I understand that you recently received an offer for a Business Platinum card in the mail" department, who could have opened a Gold for me, but couldn't see the 75k offer at any spending level. I'm guessing the Business Gold department may have better access to Gold offers.
Answering my own question: I got two different Gold offers in the mail today (two different addresses). Both had the phone number 1-888-346-6736. I called in, and the best offer they could find was the same as the platinum line could - 60k points for $5k spend. It was annoying to spend the extra 20 minutes on the phone to apply for that offer as opposed to the 50k that I could have gotten online, but it was worth it for the extra 10k points.

Apparently the 75k offers are very rare, and the CSRs had only seen a couple of them themselves. Most require $5k spending, so those of you who got the 75k for $2k spend are very lucky.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I got all within the last six Months Personal Plat 100,000 Business Plat 150,000 and Business gold 75,000 all bonuses have posted
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:24 am
bha

I assume this has 'run its course' as Amex has possibly caught on?

Thought I saw in comments of one of the posts that this is no longer working as of Jan 2015.

Has anyone had any luck recently? I just applied for a Business Platinum and was thinking of calling, but the most recent success story seems to be December (2014).. everyone posting since then hasn't had any luck.

Also I have heard 100k and 150k for Business platinum. If I do call them, which one should I be asking about? Thought I read a post about 100k but the poster above mentioned getting 150k.

This is in Canada by the way.. not sure if this offer was available to us.. or was this a US thing only?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This thread discusses USA-issued cards only.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by troyhouse
I have personal platinum card, got manually approved for the business platinum 150K MR points with 20K spend. will obviously close personal once i get the business.
has anyone had any recent experience of 150K for business plat for 20K spend?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
has anyone had any recent experience of 150K for business plat for 20K spend?
I was targeted for the offer back in July and received the 100k and 50k bonuses in September/October. I nearly pulled the trigger on a 100k offer earlier in the year, so I'm glad I waited...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:00 am

Just got a 150k for $10k+$10k spend in three months today in the mail.

I already have a biz plat that I got 100k for more than a year ago, but it's still active.

Any way for me to apply for this one as well?

Under a different biz with a different EIN perhaps?

Really gonna sting if I can't go for this one. Trolling me really hard by sending in the mail in the first place!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:29 am

No, as long as the principal (cardholder) of the business is the same, it doesn't matter that it is a different business. Not entirely clear on how that is even legal, but that is their policy and process. After losing out on a 100,000 point bonus (after a 5 month battle on this exact issue), we took advantage of a similar offer by having my wife apply and that offer was honored.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:12 am

I have good news, maybe.

I decided to just go ahead and apply.

Used the online link open.com/getplatinum

Put in my code on the letter and applied.

I essentially just made a new LLC on the IRS website just before applying (for a legitimate new business, just the timing has worked out for me with this).

Got issued an EIN number.

Applied with the business name, address etc... selected "partnership" as the type of business, since my wife and I will both be operating it together.

Put in annual revenue 0-49k, less than one year in business, and the EIN number.

Then it asked me to put in my social on the next page, and annual income.
I did so, and then I was approved. Simple as that.

Skeptical still, I called the number and gave the ref code in the congratulations email to confirm I got the 150k offer, and the rep told me yes.
He also said the words "I see you're a long time member of ours so we're going to rush you the card overnight, yadda yadda thank you blah blah...."

Why that's interesting to me is that the only other cards I have are the spg biz and the amex biz plat for my primary business.

Not sure what happens now, other than I have to spend 20,000 bucks in 90 days, but I don't see why anything would get "undone" if he said that I was indeed on the 150k promo, while acknowledging that I was a previous customer.

Could be that I never had to enter my social for my first biz plat for my original business, but i don't remember now.

Anyways, just had to share this. I received the offer in the mail today and haven't seen the blogs blowing up about it, so it might be new round going out.

Good luck.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
... Not entirely clear on how that is even legal.
Is there a law regulating business credit card promotional offers? American Express's policy is that the cardholder is the applicant. All business cards are based on the applicant's personal credit, and include an explicit personal guarantee. I understand you do not like this, but it's unambiguous if you read the terms included with the application.

Originally Posted by Apache137
... I don't see why anything would get "undone" if he said that I was indeed on the 150k promo, while acknowledging that I was a previous customer..
Typically American Express's position is that customer service does not have the authority to alter of the terms of a written offer. If the written offer includes this sentence, you are likely to have trouble receiving the bonus:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months.
Ample discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Last edited by mia; Mar 26, 2015 at 11:21 am
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:30 am

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

If they don't honor it, then they'll lose me as a customer, as I have no other reason to really keep a plat card then.

I'll keep my spg biz card as I use spg a lot and the points are good, and I'll get a no fee or low fee card to keep my MR active.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:20 pm

You will not get the bonus. I had written confirmation that I was entitled to the bonus through their online chat (two different chat reps) before I met the minimum spend and they still refused to provide the bonus.
In regard to it possibly not being legal, corporations are people under the law, so this would be like denying the bonus to you because your brother who lives with you received it before. If the terms and conditions clearly explained this issue, then I would not disagree that there is nothing a customer can do and it would be legal, however, I don't believe this is the case.
The terms and conditions are exactly as Mia has laid out, however, I found absolutely nothing in the terms and conditions that advised that two different customers (two different companies) could not get the bonus. There is still nothing that I am aware of in their terms and conditions that make it clear that two different companies will be treated as the same customer and I see no logical reason why a customer would expect that this would be the case.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I got amex gold business bonus points after cancelling mine for less than 12 months and still received the bonus. I wouldn't let a few people scare you and you can always go through the executive offices if for some reason you run into an issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.