Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I haven't been following the MR forum in detail recently, but I thought it wasn't really possible to get $500 cards anymore by credit card, let alone liquidate them easily.
i get the $500 ones as gifts from a supermarket, they cost $6, and are non Vanilla brand^
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AA, Southwest
Smile

Originally Posted by flyerfrog
Has anyone used MS to meet the 20K minimum spending requirement? Will any purchase count towards the minimum, or are some type of purchases not allowed? I'm concerned about having many large purchases at my local grocery store.
Yes used Amex GCs for 16K and then CVS for 2K and SWY for another 2K. Already got my bonus. Just finishing up the airline credits now. Probably gonna cancel before the AF hits. Might be adverse action from Amex, but I think the risk is worth it.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Why not just make one 20K purchase of $500 GC from GiftCardMall and be done with it? Go through TopCashBack and get $100 back.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
The offer is not for me, but for one of my parents, so can they transfer points to my airlines account? Obviously, first name won't match but last name will.

The offer is for 100k points after $5k spend, and we get the remaining 50k points after another $10k spend.

We're thinking about just going for the 100k points after $5k spend.... Not sure if it's worth to spend extra $10k just for 50k points....?
I applied using my parent's rsvp code over the phone this past Monday. The agent on the phone did not ask if that code was targeted for me, so I guess if last name and address match, it should be fine. The result was pending initially (status: in progress), but was finally approved today after calling new account department a few times to check on the status. The agent who took my application confirmed the 150K points after $15k spend in 3 months. The online chat agent also confirmed 150K bonus points today after I was approved..... I'll ask again when i activate my card over the phone.

We'll see if 150K points are indeed posted after I spend $15K in 3 months. I currently have a personal platinum, so hopefully having a personal platinum will not prevent me from getting bonus points for business platinum.

Last edited by uclacolumbiaunc; Jun 4, 2015 at 8:45 pm
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I currently have a personal platinum, so hopefully having a personal platinum will not prevent me from getting bonus points for business platinum.
It does not, they are separate.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:19 am

I received letter for 150k offer last month and checked out the application page. There was bonus 150,000pt sign on the left.

Now when I go into the app page, there is nothing there. Would I still get the 150k ?

*offer expires july.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by larciel
I received letter
A paper letter through the postal service?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by mia
A paper letter through the postal service?
yes with rsvp code.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:58 pm

I got a mail offer for 100K for 5K spend + 50K for 10K spend. Is it even worth it to do the second leg of the offer? 100K for 5K spend is amazing, but can't I get more through other cards by spending 10 grand rather than just 50K MR?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rogerg87
I got a mail offer for 100K for 5K spend + 50K for 10K spend. Is it even worth it to do the second leg of the offer? 100K for 5K spend is amazing, but can't I get more through other cards by spending 10 grand rather than just 50K MR?
It is all relative to your needs and what you value. How do you value MR points? If this is a personal card offer, I would go for it since you can only get it once. If a Business Card offer then you can get a new card for each Business you have.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by kenme1
It is all relative to your needs and what you value. How do you value MR points? If this is a personal card offer, I would go for it since you can only get it once. If a Business Card offer then you can get a new card for each Business you have.
It's a business card offer! I am planning to use these points for SA A380 Suite tickets from JFK>HK.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kenme1
... If a Business Card offer then you can get a new card for each Business you have.
You can get another card for each business, but generally not an additional new account bonus for the same card, unless you cancel and wait 12 months to apply, because American Express treats the individual, not the business, as the applicant.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:04 pm

Just got approved (through a targeted letter) for this. Regarding the $20k in spend - am I ok in buying AMEX GC through TCB? For me that's the path of least resistance (all done via email) and the path of least $$ out of pocket...
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:28 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I don't know what it is. In the last 5+ years I've been doing this CC game I have never once got a target offer for any increased sign up bonus on any Amex card. I have all of the marketing settings correct online too. They must not like to market to me or my wife.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:48 am

Was sitting on this offer (150K/$20K) for past month or so. Applied over the weekend and got approved instantly. Waiting for the card to come in the mail. I have RB, so will keep buying vanilla's from CVS and load them to RB and then spend some here and there. I plan to cancel before the AF hits next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.