FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:14 pm
uclacolumbiaunc

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
The offer is not for me, but for one of my parents, so can they transfer points to my airlines account? Obviously, first name won't match but last name will.

The offer is for 100k points after $5k spend, and we get the remaining 50k points after another $10k spend.

We're thinking about just going for the 100k points after $5k spend.... Not sure if it's worth to spend extra $10k just for 50k points....?
I applied using my parent's rsvp code over the phone this past Monday. The agent on the phone did not ask if that code was targeted for me, so I guess if last name and address match, it should be fine. The result was pending initially (status: in progress), but was finally approved today after calling new account department a few times to check on the status. The agent who took my application confirmed the 150K points after $15k spend in 3 months. The online chat agent also confirmed 150K bonus points today after I was approved..... I'll ask again when i activate my card over the phone.

We'll see if 150K points are indeed posted after I spend $15K in 3 months. I currently have a personal platinum, so hopefully having a personal platinum will not prevent me from getting bonus points for business platinum.

Last edited by uclacolumbiaunc; Jun 4, 2015 at 8:45 pm