Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Pecan Pie
anyone got this offer and not planning to use it please PM me!!

Thank you!!!
According to an earlier post, just call (can't figure out how to change the name of the link, but click and you will see):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22655300-post30.html

Plan to do it myself soon.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:43 am
Formerly known as pmclean

Have been receiving offers for Amex sent not to my name or business name, but rather to a description I used to describe a freelance job on an email to another business: "xxx(external client three letter code) MB (city code) Photo Shoot." How the heck did Amex get ahold of this! Very scary that I'm getting mail addressed to an email subject line that Amex would not have ever been involved in. Obviously my info was sold by someone.

My question..... I have an Amex Platinum as well as an Amex Business Gold. So I would not be eligible for a Business Platinum bonus offer? Just got the Business Platinum 150,000 mile offer - addressed to that email subject line.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by pmclean
My question..... I have an Amex Platinum as well as an Amex Business Gold. So I would not be eligible for a Business Platinum bonus offer?
This could be a problem.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pmclean
... I have an Amex Platinum as well as an Amex Business Gold. So I would not be eligible for a Business Platinum bonus offer?
You need to read the terms of the offer. Some offers disqualify the applicant if you have had a Business Green, Gold or Platinum card within the past 12 months. Other offers disqualify the applicant only if they have had the identical card. What does your offer say, exactly?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:44 pm

Just received this offer as well, it very specifically says no bonus if you have had "this product" within the last 12 months. Still wouldn't put it past AMEX not to give us the bonus (I have the business gold), so I had my wife apply for one of our other businesses and got instant approval. Will put the spend on and hope the points show up.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:52 am

My husband got this offer (100,000 points for $10,000 spend in the first 3 months, another 50,000 points for extra $10,000 spend. So 150,000 if you spend $20,000 in 3 months.) He closed an Business Gold Amex last year (which he opened for 75,000 points, targeted offer also) and hasn't gotten any Amex offers since, so this was a surprise. The only thing I can think of is he applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred recently.

The terms state "not available to applicants who have or have had his product within the last 12 months" so I assume he's eligible, as his last product was a Business Gold...probably should ask first since it's a lot of spend. I'm thinking if he uses chat he could get it in writing? It's a great offer but I doubt he can spend $20,000 in 3 months. We're just not in that league... If he spends $10,000 and gets 100,000 MR, that's still pretty good, though not as good as his older targeted offers which were 100,000 for $5,000 spend. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by ENFO; Jul 20, 2014 at 9:58 am
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ENFO
I'm thinking if he uses chat he could get it in writing?
Congrats on the offer. I wouldn't bother with chat. They are clueless and powerless. Expecting anything in writing, much less emailed from them is wishful thinking.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by sthubbar
Congrats on the offer. I wouldn't bother with chat. They are clueless and powerless. Expecting anything in writing, much less emailed from them is wishful thinking.
Noted, thanks.

FYI since making the post we looked up his offers online and he came up with: 100k for $10k spend for Business Plat (no bonus for extra spend) and 50k for $5k spend on Business Gold. Never would have thought to look up offers this way.

Last edited by ENFO; Jul 20, 2014 at 1:21 pm
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:50 pm

Noted, thanks.

FYI since making the post we looked up his offers online and he came up with: 100k for $10k spend for Business Plat (no bonus for extra spend) and 50k for $5k spend on Business Gold. Never would have thought to look up offers this way.
What URL did you use to check as I couldn't find a place to check at AmericanExpress.com
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:22 pm

What URL did you use to check as I couldn't find a place to check at AmericanExpress.com
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ess-cards.html

I used this link posted by mia in another thread. It's the first post on the thread. If you scroll all the way down on the business cards page, you'll see "See if you qualify...etc" where you can enter the information.

Last edited by ENFO; Jul 20, 2014 at 8:29 pm
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:02 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ess-cards.html

I used this link posted by mia in another thread. It's the first post on the thread. If you scroll all the way down on the business cards page, you'll see "See if you qualify...etc" where you can enter the information.
Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:24 am

Thanks
FWIW, for me the box did not come up if I opened as incognito. If I opened a regular window then the box came up.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:24 am

Quick question. Since we all know an immediate hike in spending can easily trigger an FR for Amex and we all go easy on Amex when it comes to MS, do you think this 150k MR after 20k in 3 mo. deal would trigger FR for a high number of people?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just an FYI, my wife got two of these offers. I'm pretty sure that's just because she has a new business, with a new EIN, and she ignored the 100K offers.

Not sure if it would be worth getting an EIN just for this, but I'm pretty sure Amex is scouring the new business filings to find targets.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: AmEX Platinum, HYATT - Diamond, SPG - Gold, HILTON - Gold, IHG - Platinum,
150,000 AmEX business platinum bonus offer

I took advantage of the 100k AmEX business platinum offer back in 2012.

I started another business 1 year ago and since then I have been receiving targeted offer for 100k MR points. Today I received a bumped up offer for 150k .. Is there anyway to take advantage of this offer seeing that i already have a business platinum card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.