Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Does anybody have a Business Gold Rewards offer for 75-100 K bonus points that they may not be using? If so, I will really appreciate if u can give to me. I can really use one. Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I thought they were not transferable.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Data point:

-- I got the 50K MR points offer in the mail for Business Plat (I already have personal Plat).

-- Only a week ago, I was about to accept the above offer, but I then got in the mail the 100K Bus Plat offer ($10K spend w/in 3 mos.).

Maybe if I had waited longer, I would have gotten the 150K offer. I have no idea. Congrats to those who really cashed in at 150K. I'm plenty happy at 100K.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gv111
Does anybody have a Business Gold Rewards offer for 75-100 K bonus points that they may not be using? If so, I will really appreciate if u can give to me. I can really use one. Thanks.
Anybody please? Can also use a Bus Plat offer for 150 K.

I will really appreciate it. Pls PM if u could help. Thanks so much.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Avios, AMEX, AeroPlan, BMO, AS, WestJet
can you guys clarify maybe as to how your getting these targeted offers? are you guys high spenders or just high net worth? lastly im not sure how successful this would be, as its YYMV but if you have maybe a copy of the offer, i.e. someone scans the mail in offer, you could call up CSR and claim you want to take advantage of the offer, and you could potentially "scan" it in to them.

it really is a YYMV as ive seen it done successfully sometimes, and actually ive seen it done w/o even having the offer, other than just knowing the basics and that it exists. no one is perfect, not even the marketing team, so they may brush it off their accident and let you have it

Last edited by microcosm; Apr 13, 2014 at 6:40 pm
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Have Amex Business Gold - Am I eligible for any Platinum

I currently have the Amex Business Gold Card, I would like to apply for the Amex Platinum card, (business or personal).

Can I apply for either business or personal version whilst i have the Gold card? If not how long is the wait?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by mia; Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 am
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Can I apply for either business or personal version whilst i have the Gold card?
You would not be eligible to earn a bonus for a Business Platinum (or Gold, or Green) card while holding a Business Gold card. This should have no effect on your ability to receive a bonus for a personal card.

Referral offers are discussed only in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...new-rules.html
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:38 am

if you have 100k/$10K spend offer, you can send them an secure message (now via chat) and ask them to match 150K/$20K spend, most the time they will do that for you.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by wagon297
if you have 100k/$10K spend offer, you can send them an secure message (now via chat) and ask them to match 150K/$20K spend, most the time they will do that for you.
Thanks. I tried but no dice for me.
You are now chatting with Jenny.
you: Hi there.
Jenny: Hello, you're chatting with Jenny. How can I make your day better today?
Jenny: Hello! How are you doing today?
you: Hi, Jenny, I have a Q about the bonus points on my new business plat
Jenny: Sure, please go ahead!
you: as you can see, I had the 100,000 bonus deal for $10,000 spending w/in 3 mos. A friend of mine just got a 150,000 bonus offer for $20,000 spend. Any chance I could get that?
Jenny: Thank you for the information and the Offer on the Bonus points differs from the account opening date and the Promotional offer currently running at the time of the account opening.
Jenny: As much as I love to help you with the Offer for 150,000 points, however this is via solicitation and would not be able to add it manually.
you: oh well. so it's not possible?
Jenny: I understand, however the offers are provided via solicitation to the card members at the time of account opening...
Jenny: However, I am sure, there will be Offers coming on the way for you.
you: okay, thanks and have a great weekend.
Jenny: Thank you so much.
Jenny: Have an excellent weekend ahead!
Jenny: Take care.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
No dice for me either.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Received 4 of these offers for a now-defunct side business I created a few years ago (2x 150k, 2x 100k) in the last few months. Pulled the trigger under a different company and was successfully approved.

Unfortunately, my other RSVP codes expired already, so no use in sharing them.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:38 pm

I currently had a platinum business card, if I apply again (before 5/1), under a different business name, any chance that I could be approved and get another bonus?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
I currently had a platinum business card, if I apply again (before 5/1), under a different business name, any chance that I could be approved and get another bonus?
I got 2 100K offers for defunct LLC's. Called Amex and the rep confirms that the referral codes are indeed NOT tied to the particular business the mailing targeted. You can apply with a different business.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by susieling
You might get approved but you are unlikely to get another bonus. YMMV!
Old May 6, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by gv111
You might get approved but you are unlikely to get another bonus. YMMV!
I already received the $150K bonus offer and met the spend on it. The question is whether we can get another bonus through another business.

You are correct YMMV. I have several other businesses that I can use but don't want to unless it earns the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.