Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 8:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 141park
...The question is whether we can get another bonus through another business.
It is unlikely. The individual, rather than the business, is the applicant, and American Express limits bonuses by applicant.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:58 pm

Quick Question: I got a pending status when I applied over the phone. Should I call the recon line right away or wait it out? What has been peoples experience regarding this? If this isn't the right forum for this then please direct me to the correct one. Also if you have the recon phone number that would be appreciated! -Thanks
Old May 8, 2014, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Quick Question: I got a pending status when I applied over the phone. Should I call the recon line right away or wait it out? What has been peoples experience regarding this? If this isn't the right forum for this then please direct me to the correct one. Also if you have the recon phone number that would be appreciated! -Thanks
I doubt that calling back will give you an answer either way. Seems like some department at Amex goes to work on your application and makes a decision within a week or two.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:08 am

Is this the reality now? There is no Amex recon to call the same date if you get pending?
Old May 10, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by bobby21
Is this the reality now? There is no Amex recon to call the same date if you get pending?
Not true... Called the recon 5 mins after applying and got it approved...
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Received a Business 150k MR offer today 100k for $10k in first 3 months 50k for additional $10k spend in same 3 month period.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I got this today also pulled the trigger instant approval. Will this link to my existing MR account?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by 1fan
I got this today also pulled the trigger instant approval. Will this link to my existing MR account?
Yes, my new AMEX Plat business MR account automatically linked to my existing personal AMEX PRG MR account.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
Received a Business 150k MR offer today 100k for $10k in first 3 months 50k for additional $10k spend in same 3 month period.
Was this in the mail or email?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Originally Posted by maxmnx
Mine was mail. A side note it was to a company I just formed but I used the code number for my main business and it went thru
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:31 am
mia

... I used the code number for my main business and it went thru
This is because American Express regards you, not the company, as the cardholder. The card is approved based on your personal credit, it is issued in your name (plus a company name), you are personally responsible for the debt, and while this card is open you will not be eligible for another bonus for the same card type, even if the application is submitted with a different company name.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by maxmnx
snail mail
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by mia
This is because American Express regards you, not the company, as the cardholder. The card is approved based on your personal credit, it is issued in your name (plus a company name), you are personally responsible for the debt, and while this card is open you will not be eligible for another bonus for the same card type, even if the application is submitted with a different company name.
I assume Ill get the 150,000 points even thou I did the personal AMEX for 100,000 or not?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:01 am
mia

I assume Ill get the 150,000 points even thou I did the personal AMEX for 100,000 or not?
Yes, personal and Business are separate products.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:06 pm

anyone got this offer and not planning to use it please PM me!!

Thank you!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.