Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archived thread of older posts. The current thread is:
Post by brc757rr, July 2015:
Originally Posted by AA policy regarding PDB
Pre-departure beverages are expected to be offered on all flights. On domestic flights, customers should be offered a beverage of choice. On international flights with bonded liquor, we offer a choice of orange juice, water, sparkling water, sparkling wine and mimosas and will fulfill requests for non alcoholic beverages of choice provided that supplies can be obtained without opening bonded carts and carriers. If pre-departure beverages cannot be served because of operational reasons, flight attendants are expected to apologize to customers and advise that beverages will be served as soon as possible after take off.
Originally Posted by brc757rr
I was able to receive the exact language of the company policy from American Airlines today via Twitter regarding PDB's. I was actually quite impressed they followed up with me regarding a conversation that started a few days ago. I also received a nice note from Hector Adler who I also reached out to who said that pre-departure services were discussed at great length at a meeting late last week. Let's hope things begin to improve and if not we continue to press the FA's to follow company policy.
<content moved to top of wiki>
So there you have it.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did a little searching on Twitter. A good hashtag could be just #PDBServed and the condition listed before that. So, something like:

@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG No #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Full #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Limited #PDBServed

This allows all PDB service to be posted, good, bad, and otherwise. This should show AA that we feel this is a desired service. Maybe if someone gets energetic, a summary post could be done, maybe weekly?
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA #218 738 - Open bar PBD...thanked the FA for doing her job and tweeted AA to let them know.

AA #2406 752 - Water and an attitude. Asked for a drink and was turned down despite plenty of time and a delay.

AA #2332 788 - Open bar PDB...fantastic crew!
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
AA #218 738 - Open bar PBD...thanked the FA for doing her job and tweeted AA to let them know.

AA #2406 752 - Water and an attitude. Asked for a drink and was turned down despite plenty of time and a delay.

RIDICULOUS! Not being offered a PDB is bad enough, on a 757 or any other aircraft which loads via L2 it's almost as though the crew is being spiteful.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
AA A321T LAX-JFK in J: OJ, Water, Champagne
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First

Please Tweet or write AA about the 757 experience.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Please Tweet or write AA about the 757 experience.
I tweeted them and they told me DM them asap as we were still on the ground. I messaged them and explained the story, they said they will report it to the appropriate people.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Interesting.....I tweeted them this weekend about no PDB and they couldn't have cared less and just said Sorry.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I tweeted them and they told me DM them asap as we were still on the ground. I messaged them and explained the story, they said they will report it to the appropriate people.
Interesting.....I tweeted them this weekend about no PDB and they couldn't have cared less and just said Sorry.
Don't let the action of one agent taint your feelings how AA feels about their service. The more these issues get reported (and made publicly) the more they will pay attention.

The Twitter team does seem to be the current golden child within AA so use them.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
The Twitter team does seem to be the current golden child within AA so use them.
Yes, and use them while you still can. I'm sure they'll be enhanced to post-merger standards very soon...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
#1239 SEA-ORD. Full open bar PDB's offered.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:54 pm

So I must be on another planet because I'm 4 out of 5 on pmAA for the week!

8/28 LGA-MIA AA#2266 open bar PDB -opted for coffee as it was 6am, but a choice is much appreciated. Great service by a wonderful FA who I tweeted about.

8/28 MIA-DTW AA#1600 open bar PDB with a smile.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
DEN-LAX: open bar PDB by a great crew (Compass).....despite boarding over half an hour late....weight restrictions due to the heat etc....mainline AA should be ashamed of their job performance....what really strikes me is that the regional airline employees probably make a fraction of what AA mainline FAs get but AA mainline can't be bothered to do their job and tell us: "once were in the air"
On SFO-LAX with Compass, after PDBs the FA came around the cabin several times to offer snacks, drinks, and connecting gate info for every FC passenger. Was so attentive and enthusiastic about everything. If only mainline AA was like that
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
DFW-ORD, #2311, no PDB. But solid crew working F. Quick, thorough service.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Abidjan
DFW-ORD, #2311, no PDB. But solid crew working F. Quick, thorough service.
I'm going to disagree... AFAIC there is no such thing as a "solid crew" that does not do a PDB unless there are extenuating circumstances such as late arrival/quick turn or aircraft not being catered. It amazes me that US and DL crews can pretty much universally get a PDB out, including many times on quick turn flights but AA crews can't. And when AA crews can't do a full PDB on an on-time 757 w/ 2L boarding they should all be terminated. Just one person's opinion but it's mine. Edit to add: not saying OP's aircraft was a 757, just a general comment.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Water or oj currently on 1295 from DFW to ORD (767). UA can do full pdb on their 767s.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
Water or oj currently on 1295 from DFW to ORD (767). UA can do full pdb on their 767s.
OJ on a 5pm flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.