Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Antarius
usually the difference between F and J is more than several bottles of LPGS.

Unless you drink a case load in a layover, save the cash and pick the better route.
Well thanks to AA's dynamic award pricing I was able to get a great web special in F that was actually just 4K more miles (65K Vs. 61K) than going on the better route via DFW/789 J. It was hard to pass that up. Although I like the 789 seat a lot the extra space in F, a slightly wider bed & FFD are big advantages.
Antarius and madmanshoney like this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Nov 1, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:09 am

In JFK FFD now. Happy to say LPGS is back!.. Cheers
Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTW4
Now my draft entry on another AA thread will have to be re-written! Thought I might drop by there this Saturday afternoon.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by RTW4
Amazing. Was it just gone like the day I was there, ugggh. Horrible luck this trip for me..

Hot water out at LAX FL
Ran out of butterscotch sauce for my sundae (I do half hot fudge half butterscotch)
No LPGS
Road blocks in Brazil caused my flight home to be cancelled
Old Nov 5, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
LAX menu
Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just been in the D30 MIA Flagship lounge, and it's not as great as some have made it out to be. JFK just has the edge between MIA, LAX and JFK at present, although they all seem to have gone downhill a bit (as has the Qantas lounge at LAX) since Covid.

Lukewarm food that's fairly tasteless. Rice, fish, usual meats and cheese etc. The bread rolls were the nicest bit, and those little coconut bars in jars near the coffee are nice enough.

Bit of a maze in there as well. Too many little alcoves and bits, although they might offer privacy and some quietness?

Last edited by xenole; Nov 12, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Old Nov 12, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by xenole
I've just been in the D30 MIA Flagship lounge, and it's not as great as some have made it out to be. JFK just has the edge between MIA, LAX and JFK at present, although they all seem to have gone downhill a bit (as has the Qantas lounge at LAX) since Covid.

Lukewarm food that's fairly tasteless. Rice, fish, usual meats and cheese etc. The bread rolls were the nicest bit, and those little coconut bars in jars near the coffee are nice enough.

Bit of a maze in there as well. Too many little alcoves and bits, although they might offer privacy and some quietness?
Last time I was in JFK FSL was < 1 month ago and teh food offerings were just mediocre. I got a feeling that the budget was cut quite a bit. Will be there again in the morning of Nov 17 and will report.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Anyone know if the FL is reopened in DFW? I don’t mean FFD, just the whole lounge. Upthread someone reported it was closed for a leak the other day.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Anyone know if the FL is reopened in DFW? I don’t mean FFD, just the whole lounge. Upthread someone reported it was closed for a leak the other day.
I was in the DFW FL on November 8th. Pretty disappointing from a food perspective. There weren't too many clamouring for the last few breakfast pasteries on a messy plate at 3:30 pm.

Cheaper ingredients ill prepared that had been sitting long past the point of needing a bin. No champagne flutes at the self serve. The wine glasses hold more though.... lol. Was it worth the trek from A, not for me!

James
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I was in the DFW FL on November 8th. Pretty disappointing from a food perspective. There weren't too many clamouring for the last few breakfast pasteries on a messy plate at 3:30 pm.

Cheaper ingredients ill prepared that had been sitting long past the point of needing a bin. No champagne flutes at the self serve. The wine glasses hold more though.... lol. Was it worth the trek from A, not for me!

James
I was there in the 9th, but the leak and closure report was the 10th or yesterday.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I was there in the 9th, but the leak and closure report was the 10th or yesterday.
Ah, OK! I hope your experience was better on the 9th.

James
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Ah, OK! I hope your experience was better on the 9th.

James
Why were they serving breakfast at 330pm?
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by xenole

Respectively disagree. MIA FL for me by far is the best. However, a disclaimer first which is I think the food is pretty bad at all of them but maybe that hot section where they have some made to order Fish at MIA is pretty decent. Also, the showers are horrible at both as neither get actually HOT.

That said, MIA having an actual sort of closed in TV room is a big thing for me not to mention they have day beds. JFK has No day beds. Additionally MIA has half the lounge on one thermostat and the other half on another so its 5 degrees cooler by the TV area and the where you make the drinks which I really do prefer over the warmer area (past the showers by the day beds). I think all the little alcoves are cool too. Also, I like how MIA gives you a key and you know you are getting a cleaned shower. At JFK you can just walk in use a shower and you hope they know to clean it before the next person.

Food is sub par at all FL's. FFD better at MIA for sure.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 5:12 am
Suspended

Looks like I won't find out today if the DFW FL is open. DFW-MEX was massively delayed, and I would have misconnected, so AA put me on AM's direct flight to my destination.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
My shower at JFK was a decent temperature the other day.

Did find those day bed things at MIA, although a couple of people were camping out in out in that area.

Did have a look next door, and their salad station area has soft tortillas that you could make up (pretty much the same as the Flagship although no tortillas in there).
Lots of cookies for dessert (or snacking) where the Flagship bit had practically nothing like that.

Food wise, a little while ago I had some russet poratoes and veg at JFK and they were fantastic Wiped the floor with anything from FFD.

Was originally going to fly JFK-SFO in Flagship first, but changed to pop into MIA. Better timings and wanted to see what was what down there. First was on a Neo from there, so wasn't worth the extra $$$$.

Both MIA and LAX did have some salmon with whatever being served by someone behind a counter. Possibly better than the general offerings?

Should be in the LAX Flagship later. Going to do a lounge tour of QF F, AA Flagship, and then an Alaska lounge as I've got a little time to waste. Then a couple of BA lounges at JFK tomorrow.

The tv room was empty when I was there, but nicely set out. American football on one TV, and English football / soccer on the other.
That might fill up especially if some big game on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.