Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Old Sep 18, 22, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
Was there a few weeks back for breakfast. Standard American breakfast fare, also some weird sausage and egg pastry thing, wasn't sure what it was. Breakfast is not particularly innovative in the FL. Not sure if they had a "custom order" option like I've seen in MIA.
I know in the past they used to offer the custom order station but no idea if/when it's operating at DFW. The offerings sound like roughly what I've experienced in the past. As long as I can get some granola and/or oatmeal and some hot tea that'll be more than enough to hold me over until my departure. Thanks for responding.
Old Sep 29, 22, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Do gate upgrades to F not give you access to Flagship First? I tried to go in when I landed but was told upgrades dont get access just the FL. Im definitely not complaining because it was a double upgrade but is this true?
Old Sep 29, 22, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Amil View Post
Do gate upgrades to F not give you access to Flagship First? I tried to go in when I landed but was told upgrades dont get access just the FL. Im definitely not complaining because it was a double upgrade but is this true?
If you clear an upgrade into F with an instrument (Miles + Co-Pay, SWU, BXP1, etc.) from the waitlist, then you will get access to FFD. An operational upgrade/cabin roll, you would not have access.

If you had previously been upgraded (complimentary b/c of status or with an instrument) into J and then been rolled into F (as opposed to a straight Y --> F op-up at the gate), then you should have access to the Flagship Lounge, but not FFD.
Old Sep 29, 22, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Amil View Post
I'm glad they're enforcing this.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 22, 8:04 pm

Karol is the best thing about that place. There are some other really great long-serving staff, as well. Although there are more and more not-so-great staff, including the reportedly fired guy (I forget his name), who wouldn't leave me alone when I was seated at the bar trying to work, opened Netflix on his phone to show me some show, turned up the volume so that everyone could hear, hovered as I pretended to want to watch it, and watched as his colleagues did all the work and kept busy around him.
SFO777 and bryanb like this.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 30, 22 at 11:04 pm Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
Old Oct 30, 22, 8:30 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum Pro, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
Karol is the best thing about that place. There are some other really great long-serving staff, as well. Although there are more and more not-so-great staff, including the reportedly fired guy (I forget his name), who wouldn't leave me alone when I was seated at the bar trying to work, opened Netflix on his phone to show me some show, turned up the volume so that everyone could hear, hovered as I pretended to want to watch it, and watched as his colleagues did all the work and kept busy around him.
Is this the taller man named Scott (Iím pretty sure this is his name)?
DMPHL likes this.
Old Oct 30, 22, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently View Post
Is this the taller man named Scott (I’m pretty sure this is his name)?
Yes, I think it is! Another server told me that he also reportedly sometimes made himself a drink while working. I mean, come on. It's good they let him go.

There is another shorter, although average height, middle-aged male server (forget his name, too) who is nice and professional and courteous. Don't want to get them mixed up!
Old Oct 30, 22, 9:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum Pro, AmEx Membership Rewards
Yes, I think it is! Another server told me that he also reportedly sometimes made himself a drink while working. I mean, come on. It's good they let him go.

There is another shorter, although average height, middle-aged male server (forget his name, too) who is nice and professional and courteous. Don't want to get them mixed up!
Not surprised he got the boot. Iím in college, so what may offend others usually doesnít bother me in the slightest, but I was admittedly quite shocked at how unprofessional he was when I visited in August.

-Came over to speak with me (I was not in his zone) on a whim and proceeding to tell me how he isnít supposed to be talking to me but heís doing it anyway.
-Joked about how he perpetually shows up late to work and how they donít care.
-Made a lewd joke about what the difference between a lamborghini and a dead prostitute was. Spoiler: he doesnít have a dead prostitute in his garage.
-Made another lewd joke which I canít remember
-Just seemed a bit too informal for the dining room.

He is a nice guy who knew the menu well, and we had a pleasant, albeit brief, chat after I finished my meal, but he clearly did not take his job as seriously as the other servers. Given the clientele that the JFK facility gets, I think they made the right call.
DMPHL likes this.
Old Oct 30, 22, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently View Post
Not surprised he got the boot. I’m in college, so what may offend others usually doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but I was admittedly quite shocked at how unprofessional he was when I visited in August.

-Came over to speak with me (I was not in his zone) on a whim and proceeding to tell me how he isn’t supposed to be talking to me but he’s doing it anyway.
-Joked about how he perpetually shows up late to work and how they don’t care.
-Made a lewd joke about what the difference between a lamborghini and a dead prostitute was. Spoiler: he doesn’t have a dead prostitute in his garage.
-Made another lewd joke which I can’t remember
-Just seemed a bit too informal for the dining room.

He is a nice guy who knew the menu well, and we had a pleasant, albeit brief, chat after I finished my meal, but he clearly did not take his job as seriously as the other servers. Given the clientele that the JFK facility gets, I think they made the right call.
i had Scott a couple x right when they Re opened and didn’t get that vibe at all. Scott was the super tall guy though that is his name

I like Karol she is very friendly but tbh the gal also there today (from the Caribbean) was working even harder.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Oct 31, 22 at 7:00 pm
Old Oct 31, 22, 7:04 pm

JFK FFD today......... NO LPGS. I am so mad. I came in here for one thing and one thing only or at least that one thing well above anything else.

They are offering the Piper that you get when you come in at the door to FL. I think its an absolute joke they cant order enough and order it early enough. They have been out for a week they said. Not sure if thats exactly true. Requested a manager and nicely of course told her I was really mad that this is the 3rd time out of only 7 total visits they have been out of it.

The menu is so dirty btw like does anyone check them. Its disgusting how many different noticeable spots it has on it.

They are out of 1 of the entrees. Not good when you only have 5 entrees. Also, disappointed that the fish is now a dish wrapped in pancetta so I cant even do the fish.

Got the ravioli and that is a nothing special almost frozen meal actual ravioli. The broth was one note and not served hot. My side of potatoes I asked for were luke warm.

I've yet to have one good item at FFD, out of 20+ different things. If this was an actual restaurant they would have been out of business by now.

So bummed no LPGS.
Old Oct 31, 22, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000 View Post
JFK FFD today......... NO LPGS...
Ouch!... LPGS was the best thing JFK FFD had going for itself. Hopefully I wasn't the cause of drinking it dry (there was no shortage during my two visits in the past two weeks).

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 31, 22, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Ouch!... LPGS was the best thing JFK FFD had going for itself. Hopefully I wasn't the cause of drinking it dry (there was no shortage during my two visits in the past two weeks).

-FlyerBeek
Its why I went. Could have gone via DFW 789 J. MIA and DFW have never been out on my visits but this is 3 x on JFK being out. Very disappointing.

They tried to offer the Piper like it was something special. I believe even the Roederer is better than the Piper.

They said they didnt order enough of it on the last order and now waited too long to re order.

So bad on their part. No one is in charge there or certainly not someone with a real background in food & beverage on any high end level.
Old Oct 31, 22, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Its why I went. Could have gone via DFW 789
usually the difference between F and J is more than several bottles of LPGS.

Unless you drink a case load in a layover, save the cash and pick the better route.
Old Nov 1, 22, 6:41 am

I
So bad on their part. No one is in charge there or certainly not someone with a real background in food & beverage on any high end level.
This is absolutely true. JFK FFD used to be the best in the system, and something actually really special. Now, despite some great legacy staff, it's just not particularly high quality at all. The food is just mediocre (I'm really kind of shocked on here when someone says their meal was amazing), and even the more popular dishes, like the crab croquettes or the ravioli, are good but don't taste particularly fresh.
Old Nov 1, 22, 7:03 am

This is absolutely true. JFK FFD used to be the best in the system, and something actually really special. Now, despite some great legacy staff, it's just not particularly high quality at all. The food is just mediocre (I'm really kind of shocked on here when someone says their meal was amazing), and even the more popular dishes, like the crab croquettes or the ravioli, are good but don't taste particularly fresh.
Oh yes my ravioli tasted like it was a from a freezer. Also, the little tiny ravioli's are so "frozen meal" like just in their appearance. Do 3 larger ones, looks so much more appealing. I feel the same way as to what you said about the other reviews when they come in as amazing but to each his own I guess. For me I dont need to ever go again. At least at MIA they have never run out of LPGS
DMPHL and madmanshoney like this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Nov 1, 22 at 8:47 pm

Search this Thread