Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
You absolutely can stay as long as you want but LAX FFD is Not open yet, if at all. So you will just be in the normal FL, which in my opinion is hands down the weakest of all the FL's. Its really nothing special at all. I would suggest use the shower (its the one great thing about LAX FL, the shower is HOT unlike any of the other FL's). But after a shower and quick bite you should go to Playa or Marina and kill some time and enjoy the views and lunch. Also, you may be able to get into your hotel early as long as its not sold out the night before.
Excellent, thank you for the prompt response. I didn't even think about FFD not being open yet since it's trailing so far behind the others! My trip is early June, so hopefully by then, but either way, the FL at LAX whilst not the best, is still acceptable as you say. I will definitely be able to get into my hotel earlier thanks to status, but I was curious and hoping I could sneak into the FFD and start my early brunch with some LPGS .
Old May 8, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Excellent, thank you for the prompt response. I didn't even think about FFD not being open yet since it's trailing so far behind the others! My trip is early June, so hopefully by then, but either way, the FL at LAX whilst not the best, is still acceptable as you say. I will definitely be able to get into my hotel earlier thanks to status, but I was curious and hoping I could sneak into the FFD and start my early brunch with some LPGS .
As of today, no rumors on re-opening per a chat with the person manning the desk. My hunch is ~June given what I’ve previously heard, but anything goes at this point. I’m semi-anticipating it opening on a random Tuesday. It’s a bit annoying, but as is such.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I hear you on the LPGS... If it were open you could access upon arrival and begin drinking and stay as long as you want. I have a June 9 77W out of LAX so just hoping some announcement will come soon as to its opening by June 9 but its really not looking like its going to happen by June or any time soon.

In fact, I was in just in Dallas and saw the LA FFD chef running the kitchen there, so this is not a good sign . It wasnt chef Kida, the Exec chef/menu designer for LAX FL but it was his next in charge. AA moved him to Dallas apparently. So this really isnt a good sign for LA.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
I would have thought LAX is the second busiest FL with FFD? Granted I've only been to JFK, MIA and LAX.

Seems very strange, Is there any speculation as to why it's trailing behind?
Old May 8, 2022, 11:07 pm

I would have thought LAX is the second busiest FL with FFD? Granted I've only been to JFK, MIA and LAX.

Seems very strange, Is there any speculation as to why it's trailing behind?
The taking away of all Asia FF (and overall reducing Asia in general from LAX) is the main reason given on FT when this topic is discussed.

Its baffling to me as well given the Hollywood contracts and the 12-15 a day FF Transcon between JFK & BOS also.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
The taking away of all Asia FF (and overall reducing Asia in general from LAX) is the main reason given on FT when this topic is discussed.

Its baffling to me as well given the Hollywood contracts and the 12-15 a day FF Transcon between JFK & BOS also.
AA isn't competing with anyone on LAX-JFK for F. They were competing on Asia and Oceania.

The FL is on par or arguably better than Polaris and DL has nothing close. AA likely are kicking the can down the road as the lack of FFD isn't costing them much.
work2fly, asnovici and Global321 like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
AA isn't competing with anyone on LAX-JFK for F. They were competing on Asia and Oceania.

The FL is on par or arguably better than Polaris and DL has nothing close. AA likely are kicking the can down the road as the lack of FFD isn't costing them much.
Fair enough but what about to London they are competing with UA and Polaris access. New DL Sky Club is really nice and open but still has nothing for D1 passengers so I guess AA is fine just keeping FFD closed.

However, who are they competing against at DFW or MIA really? Or there since there is no OW F lounge at LAX they need to have FFD?
Old May 12, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Update - Granted Access to JFK FFD with BA F Boarding Pass

Originally Posted by Grail
Thanks for the link ryanbriar. I'll be ready next time.
I was granted entry to FFD with my BA F boarding pass (the inbound boarding pass on the same PNR did not work). The agent confirmed that this is a new change, and that the BA boarding pass confirmed access. I had come armed with the rules, but didn’t need to use them.

This is a nice little oasis as the FL is slammed. Also nice as my outbound BA flight is delayed a couple of hours.

Old May 12, 2022, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
I was granted entry to FFD with my BA F boarding pass (the inbound boarding pass on the same PNR did not work). The agent confirmed that this is a new change, and that the BA boarding pass confirmed access. I had come armed with the rules, but didn’t need to use them.

This is a nice little oasis as the FL is slammed. Also nice as my outbound BA flight is delayed a couple of hours.

Thats cool.. Did they seem surprised you left T7 and will have to reclear security? Nice to know that got you in though.
SFO777 likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:38 pm

Thats cool.. Did they seem surprised you left T7 and will have to reclear security? Nice to know that got you in though.
My inbound came through T8 so I stopped through en-route to T7. A couple of glasses of LPGS made TSA at T7 less painful. And good news — LPGS is once again on offer at the Concorde Room.

jcatman and madmanshoney like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 1:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ryanbriar

What are the rules you are referring to?
Old May 13, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by danger
What are the rules you are referring to?
AA somewhat recently buried a snippet in the Flagship Lounge T&C's saying that all oneworld F has access to Flagship Dining.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
AA somewhat recently buried a snippet in the Flagship Lounge T&C's saying that all oneworld F has access to Flagship Dining.
Wow. That's great. Can I print that out like you did, in case I need it? Is it published online somewhere? This page doesn't seem to reflect the change you mentioned.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by danger
Wow. That's great. Can I print that out like you did, in case I need it? Is it published online somewhere? This page doesn't seem to reflect the change you mentioned.
It's in the T&C's not on the main access page.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...conditions.jsp
aj411 likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
It's in the T&C's not on the main access page.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...conditions.jsp
It still has the words "qualifying flight" though. So it isn't all encompassing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.