Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by simonsuo
Lax flagship will reopen November, per lounge staff estimation
This is stupid. There is plenty of demand. You have tons of domestic Flasgship flights and some international. The oneWorld business lounge and Qantas First lounges are closed, so all of the other oneWorld flights operating (BA/JAL/CX/QR) need to send their premium passengers somewhere, and the AC just doesn't cut it anymore.

AA, you took millions of taxpayer dollars, it's time to open up.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
So many said they wouldn’t open the flagship lounge in September. Aa clutched up
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Really happy to see some firm dates and looks like I can hit FFD in Miami in 6 weeks. I dont get why LAX is last to open and they dont even a Chef listed for them yet.

Hope the food is even better but these arent exactly the most top notch chefs but at the same time I've had plenty of sub par food at the biggest celeb chef restaurants. I dont understand though with all the Transcon to JFK (and 6 a day to MIA, for now) why LAX is going to be last to open.

Overall really good news, i was getting worried with Sept so close and nothing had been announced.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:59 pm

Can someone kindly post the Link that shows/says you can get into FFD upon arriving from your qualifying flight I know/We all know its allowed. I've done it many times. However, in MIA I feel far less comfortable trusting the lounge agents as they are so unknowledgeable.

I'm just excited to finally return to FFD and dont want any issues upon landing at MIA. I took the 9am even though I'd never do this due to LA traffic but Its the only one that really times out for a perfect dinner at FFD MIA upon arrival. 12pm & 1pm possibly get in too late for FFD and the red eye wouldnt work either. At any rate, I cant find someone on AA (only can find it mentioned on bloggers sites) that says on ARRIVAL you can get into FFD.

I just want to screenshot it in case I get one of the usual clueless MIA lounge agents.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
This is stupid. There is plenty of demand. You have tons of domestic Flasgship flights and some international. The oneWorld business lounge and Qantas First lounges are closed, so all of the other oneWorld flights operating (BA/JAL/CX/QR) need to send their premium passengers somewhere, and the AC just doesn't cut it anymore.

AA, you took millions of taxpayer dollars, it's time to open up.
I believe AA gets paid by partners when folks on BA/JAL/CX/QR flights use the lounge. You would think - with the Qantas lounges closed - it would be a great opportunity for AA to open LAX FL ASAP for additional revenue.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
So many said they wouldn’t open the flagship lounge in September. Aa clutched up
Yeah I was one of them alright.

AA needs to open them all up in September not this piecemealed half assed attempt over many months.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:10 pm

i dont understand why if I am flying business class to Ecuador I can't get into the Flagship lounge, when in the past I was able. did they just decide business class passengers to Ecuador are no longer worth it? lets just shove them into the admirals club?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
ooo I thought you meant there was a delta thread on it I was very confused
Originally Posted by JDiver

Projected reopening schedule:

• John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) Terminal 8
    • Flagship Lounge: Sept. 14
    • Flagship First Dining: Sept. 16
  • Miami International Airport (MIA) Concourse D
    • Flagship Lounge: Sept. 28
    • Flagship First Dining: Sept. 30
Later this fall, locations at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Terminal 4, Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) Terminal D and Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) Terminal 3 will reopen.”
Wow, great news! I expected FL at MIA sometime soon, but not JFK also, and definitely not FFD at both locations! Nice development if it all goes as planned.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Global321
I believe AA gets paid by partners when folks on BA/JAL/CX/QR flights use the lounge. You would think - with the Qantas lounges closed - it would be a great opportunity for AA to open LAX FL ASAP for additional revenue.
That's my. understanding as well. When you use a lounge under oneWorld access rules, whoever is the operating carrier of the flight pays the lounge operator for the visit. I guess AA is happy to take their money and provide a less than stellar premium experience, and the other airlines don't care.
Global321 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:26 am

Surprised they’re not opening one at DFW first, isn’t that their main hub?
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Gotta take care of the beautiful people on the east coast first...
decerbod and safari ari like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Well, it was also one of the very last FL's that they originally opened. There is a business case to be made that the place one least needs to be competitive is in their own fortress hub. No other competing airline at DFW has a similar or better lounge and many there consider themselves helpless "hub captives" and are very unlikely to switch carriers simply because the FL isn't open.

Regards
FlyingEgghead likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Gotta take care of the beautiful people on the east coast first...
Hey!!

GrumpyYoungMan and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 1:59 pm

Just trying to be extra extra prepared for early October at MIA with FFD upon arrival. Just bumping down my question from yesterday. Has anyone seen anywhere on AA where it actually says you can get in upon arrival. AT JFK with so many Transcons per day for so long they understand but I worry at MIA given their lounge agents history there and especially during Covid where nobody knew what a 77W was and had no idea about the special rule for that. I''d love to have something from online ready to goo on my phone showing upon aririval gets you in to FFD esepcially..
Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Just trying to be extra extra prepared for early October at MIA with FFD upon arrival. Just bumping down my question from yesterday. Has anyone seen anywhere on AA where it actually says you can get in upon arrival. AT JFK with so many Transcons per day for so long they understand but I worry at MIA given their lounge agents history there and especially during Covid where nobody knew what a 77W was and had no idea about the special rule for that. I''d love to have something from online ready to goo on my phone showing upon aririval gets you in to FFD esepcially..
You can definitely use Flagship facilities when on a connection, before or after your eligible flight. I don't have any direct knowledge of using Flagship facilities as a true arrivals lounge at the termination of your journey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.