Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by HiAperture
You can definitely use Flagship facilities when on a connection, before or after your eligible flight. I don't have any direct knowledge of using Flagship facilities as a true arrivals lounge at the termination of your journey.
it’s technically not part of Ow rules (where you need an onward ticket) Its part of the special AA rules where you can access upon arrival. It’s just was the normal and an after thought landing @ JFK and going to FFD. But lately w some bad MIA employees during Covid I would like to have it in writing. Lax/Mia just not treated the same as Jfk. Ppl at Mia don’t even know what a 77W is and so often that Flickr doesn’t even have amenities
LCSinTexas likes this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Aug 25, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Just trying to be extra extra prepared for early October at MIA with FFD upon arrival. Just bumping down my question from yesterday. Has anyone seen anywhere on AA where it actually says you can get in upon arrival. AT JFK with so many Transcons per day for so long they understand but I worry at MIA given their lounge agents history there and especially during Covid where nobody knew what a 77W was and had no idea about the special rule for that. I''d love to have something from online ready to goo on my phone showing upon aririval gets you in to FFD esepcially..
Originally Posted by HiAperture
You can definitely use Flagship facilities when on a connection, before or after your eligible flight. I don't have any direct knowledge of using Flagship facilities as a true arrivals lounge at the termination of your journey.
FFD on arrival from a transcon - no problem.

If you were an international arrival with no onward ticket, no. You would have no way to access it.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
may the battles of getting into the FL begin for me
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:30 pm

[QUOTE=Global321;33519871]FFD on arrival from a transcon - no problem.

For sure! Just hoping no issues coming off of it being closed for Covid, maybe new employees and the usual lacking knowledge Mia staff. Just want it to go smoothly hence why i was trying to find something in writing on AA that says upon arrival for FFD but it doesnt seem to exist.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
may the battles of getting into the FL begin for me
Haha ya. If they just followed the rules and made them easier for everyone to understand we would be good. Qantas F at Lax is even worse.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
FFD on arrival from a transcon - no problem.

If you were an international arrival with no onward ticket, no. You would have no way to access it.
Regarding FL at least, I've been on a Oneworld international arrival with a non-Oneworld onward ticket, so could physically access the FL, and was admitted with no problem using my arrival BP (not even a "How the heck did you get airside?"). I suspect the same would apply for FFD if arriving in AA Flagship F. Access on arrival is allowed in the logic, so the only barrier is physical access (TSA).
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Regarding FL at least, I've been on a Oneworld international arrival with a non-Oneworld onward ticket, so could physically access the FL, and was admitted with no problem using my arrival BP (not even a "How the heck did you get airside?"). I suspect the same would apply for FFD if arriving in AA Flagship F. Access on arrival is allowed in the logic, so the only barrier is physical access (TSA).
Thats interesting, because I have actually purchased an onward cheap flight LAX to PHX to use FL and shower after arriving in on a long 14 hour J flight. I didnt realize that i could theoretically have purchased a Frontier ticket or some $29 ticket lets say not on a OW carrier and still been able to do that. Because I thought you technically needed an onward OW ticket to access FL/FFD.. Unless Transcon then you wouldnt need it onward since you are airside.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
To reiterate: Flagship First dining is opening in JFK and MIA in Sept

Projected reopening schedule:

John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) Terminal 8
Flagship Lounge: Sept. 14
Flagship First Dining: Sept. 16

Miami International Airport (MIA) Concourse D
Flagship Lounge: Sept. 28
Flagship First Dining: Sept. 30
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Well we went through MIA GE and TSA on AA in June and it was almost the worst experience at an airport in the last 10 years. TSA was a super spreader event. Avoid MIA AA to the best of your ability.

Last edited by boerne; Aug 27, 2021 at 5:39 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
That's my. understanding as well. When you use a lounge under oneWorld access rules, whoever is the operating carrier of the flight pays the lounge operator for the visit. I guess AA is happy to take their money and provide a less than stellar premium experience, and the other airlines don't care.
I believe it is the Marketing OW partner that pays for access, as the ticket they scan for access will be in their name. This is of course for access based on COS access (J or F). If access is based on OWS or OWE status, then it is the OW FF Program membership granter that is going to pay for the access (i.e. a BA Gold flying purely on AA metal domestically, BA will pay AA).
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:13 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I believe it is the Marketing OW partner that pays for access, as the ticket they scan for access will be in their name. This is of course for access based on COS access (J or F). If access is based on OWS or OWE status, then it is the OW FF Program membership granter that is going to pay for the access (i.e. a BA Gold flying purely on AA metal domestically, BA will pay AA).
I have no insider knowledge, but my belief is that oneworld operates on an operating carrier pays model, for both class of service and frequent flyer status. That's why EXPs connecting from INTL to AA domestic get turned away from the QF lounge LAX -- the dragons have said "AA doesn't want to pay for you".
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by VFR
I have no insider knowledge, but my belief is that oneworld operates on an operating carrier pays model, for both class of service and frequent flyer status. That's why EXPs connecting from INTL to AA domestic get turned away from the QF lounge LAX -- the dragons have said "AA doesn't want to pay for you".
Never been turned away from the QF F or the QF operated OW lounge at LAX when connecting to AA to get home after an Int'l arrival. Dozens of times.
logicalrealist and Global321 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Never been turned away from the QF F or the QF operated OW lounge at LAX when connecting to AA to get home after an Int'l arrival. Dozens of times.
Same, even on separate reservations.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by safari ari
Same, even on separate reservations.
Been there, done that .
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by VFR
Just as a follow up.. It doesn't seem very logical that in this example that AA would absorb the cost for a BA Gold (OWE) to access their lounges when they are flying purely on AA metal, even in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.