Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:14 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by JohnVernon
I just booked a LAX-BOS roundtrip in October and was surprised to see all AA flights designated as Flagship flights. I understand that there will be three cabins on the flights but what are the Flagship benefits in BOS? Will there be a Flagship lounge in BOS by October?

BTW, AA has converted the Flagship lounge at LAX into an extension of the Admirals Club. It is less crowded than the traditional Admirals Club and a better atmosphere.
No particular "Flagship" benefits for J or F in BOS besides Admirals Club access. The renovated BOS Admirals Club is quite nice, though the food is the same as all of the other Admirals Clubs.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I just booked a LAX-BOS roundtrip in October and was surprised to see all AA flights designated as Flagship flights. I understand that there will be three cabins on the flights but what are the Flagship benefits in BOS? Will there be a Flagship lounge in BOS by October?

BTW, AA has converted the Flagship lounge at LAX into an extension of the Admirals Club. It is less crowded than the traditional Admirals Club and a better atmosphere.
Been like that since maybe April. Personally my least favorite of the FL lounges. I find it small and boring but that said I would like to have it back to being an actual FL lounge. Just worried why LAX was singled out as re opening last and no FFD right away..
Old Jul 26, 2021, 2:29 pm

I understand that there will be three cabins on the flights but what are the Flagship benefits in BOS?
Same as those at SFO for the transcon to JFK.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
When the flagship lounges open up do y’all think they will continue with the buffet setup?
I think that beautiful set up ship has sailed into memory. No way once AA got the covid excuse to nix it will they ever bring it back.

Red pepper bisque washed down with an ice cold silver bullet baby!

Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
When the flagship lounges open up do y’all think they will continue with the buffet setup?
Originally Posted by enviroian
I think that beautiful set up ship has sailed into memory. No way once AA got the covid excuse to nix it will they ever bring it back.

Red pepper bisque washed down with an ice cold silver bullet baby!

I think 100% yes there will be a 'buffet'. The JFK Flaghsip Lounge AC had one yesterday, But to enviroian's point, I don't think it will be what it used to be unless UA goes back to what they had and AA sees a hit to business/first class revenue.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:24 am

Anyone worried that its Aug 17 and there is no chatter on anything for FL/FFD MIA? I know Sept could be Sept 30 and knowing AA it will be and probably some sort of soft/feel it out opening to by them even more additional time. Just anxious and hoping MIA really does get open and the rest will follow.

Also if buffets arent coming back on the same scale as they were are they going to let FL order food a la carte? From the FFD menu or the AC menu?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Anyone worried that its Aug 17 and there is no chatter on anything for FL/FFD MIA? I know Sept could be Sept 30 and knowing AA it will be and probably some sort of soft/feel it out opening to by them even more additional time. Just anxious and hoping MIA really does get open and the rest will follow.

Also if buffets arent coming back on the same scale as they were are they going to let FL order food a la carte? From the FFD menu or the AC menu?
Worried, no.

But I never believed they would actually be back open by September. Would love to throw another caviar party to celebrate being proven wrong on that score...
JJeffrey, MIAFlyer, renila and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro/Alaska Airlines MVP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Bonvoy Gold/Emerald Club Exec

The thing about this is, AA is marketing many flights in September as "Flagship" and they say specifically on the fare details that it comes with Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club access (not "or"). If they're not open then they're not open but it does seem a bit disingenuous- someone could very well be paying $1000+ more for a Flagship seat because they've heard about how awesome Flagship lounges are (doubtful but possible) and they're going to be very upset when they just get stale bagel chips and hummus in the Admirals Club.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was told last week sometime by the "end of the year" due to "labor shortages".
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
I was told last week sometime by the "end of the year" due to "labor shortages".
at MIA?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:53 pm

Ya for Mia someone told you that? Seems like thats the word thats out for the other locations but last I have seen Mia is still September. Crossing fingers its open by early October for FFD.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ya for Mia .
??
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Worried, no.

But I never believed they would actually be back open by September. Would love to throw another caviar party to celebrate being proven wrong on that score...
I applaud your use of bold case italics.
platbrownguy likes this.

Last edited by madmanshoney; Aug 17, 2021 at 8:49 pm Reason: Off topic.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:04 pm

??
Wait, i wasnt saying Ya for Miami like I heard it for Miami. i was trying to say did someone tell you that specifically for Miami? Kind of just echoing the first response to your reply.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait, i wasnt saying Ya for Miami like I heard it for Miami. i was trying to say did someone tell you that specifically for Miami? Kind of just echoing the first response to your reply.
no systemwide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.