FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:32 pm
happiest_at_40000

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by xenole
I've just been in the D30 MIA Flagship lounge, and it's not as great as some have made it out to be. JFK just has the edge between MIA, LAX and JFK at present, although they all seem to have gone downhill a bit (as has the Qantas lounge at LAX) since Covid.

Lukewarm food that's fairly tasteless. Rice, fish, usual meats and cheese etc. The bread rolls were the nicest bit, and those little coconut bars in jars near the coffee are nice enough.

Bit of a maze in there as well. Too many little alcoves and bits, although they might offer privacy and some quietness?
Respectively disagree. MIA FL for me by far is the best. However, a disclaimer first which is I think the food is pretty bad at all of them but maybe that hot section where they have some made to order Fish at MIA is pretty decent. Also, the showers are horrible at both as neither get actually HOT.

That said, MIA having an actual sort of closed in TV room is a big thing for me not to mention they have day beds. JFK has No day beds. Additionally MIA has half the lounge on one thermostat and the other half on another so its 5 degrees cooler by the TV area and the where you make the drinks which I really do prefer over the warmer area (past the showers by the day beds). I think all the little alcoves are cool too. Also, I like how MIA gives you a key and you know you are getting a cleaned shower. At JFK you can just walk in use a shower and you hope they know to clean it before the next person.

Food is sub par at all FL's. FFD better at MIA for sure.