Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by remedy
Last time I asked (2 weeks ago) I got an "eye roll" with the comment that it will be a long way off. This was after getting rejected at the BA lounge.
Too bad, but not surprising.

What grounds did they reject you on? Things were looking “up” this summer, at least when I accessed it a few times.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by jcain
Can't imagine AA would still be running the A321T if they weren't actually selling the premium seats – economics would make no sense. At least in my experience, J is often almost full on LAX<>JFK well before upgrade windows. For example, most 11/28-11/29 LAX-JFK flights are J0 right now. If anything, based on some anecdotes on here, I'd guess that F on the transcons has a higher percentage of award/upgrade/non-rev than J.
The mid-tier “platinums” here worrying about which lounge they’re in are almost exclusively upgraders. FTers in this forum who actually pay J/F are almost exclusively CK. Those are the two groups of FTers: midtiers worrying about upgrades and which level of lounge they’re in and CKs who pay for it. The non-CK FTers here riding J earned their status though credit cards and upgraded into J.

The workaround here is to allow only paid J into the higher level lounge. But of course, all support for this would suddenly disappear in this forum.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Nov 21, 2022 at 7:58 pm
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
The mid-tier “platinums” here worrying about which lounge they’re in are almost exclusively upgraders. FTers in this forum who actually pay J/F are almost exclusively CK. Those are the two groups of FTers: midtiers worrying about upgrades and which level of lounge they’re in and CKs who pay for it. The non-CK FTers here riding J earned their status though credit cards and upgraded into J.

The workaround here is to allow only paid J into the higher level lounge. But of course, all support for this would suddenly disappear in this forum.
I'm not sure who you're trying to convince by making up facts.

I'd love to see your data. But of course, it doesn't exist

Last edited by Antarius; Nov 21, 2022 at 8:07 pm
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Antarius
I'm not sure who you're trying to convince by making up facts.
Nah.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Seems like a pretty broad-based comment. As one who pays for F / J and is not currently a CK (and limited LPs via CCs), I care about whether I have access to the Chelsea lounge on arrival from a paid Tcon F flight (while it lasts). The bottom line is that the access rules will likely follow BA’s current set up.
DMPHL, Global321, jcain and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Seems like a pretty broad-based comment. As one who pays for F / J and is not currently a CK (and limited LPs via CCs), I care about whether I have access to the Chelsea lounge on arrival from a paid Tcon F flight (while it lasts). The bottom line is that the access rules will likely follow BA’s current set up.
Likely have access after transcon F.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
I'd love it if the status I earned from credit cards reliably got me upgraded. I'd have saved a lot of money on paid transcon J tickets this year!
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:43 pm

...FTers in this forum who actually pay J/F are almost exclusively CK. ...
umm... no.

I pay for plenty of INTL J... not CK. Granted discounted INTL J... but INTL J none the less.

I think your comment is way off. But, I admit I don't have the facts to back my thought up.
_kurt, hbtr and TravelingZoomer like this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I wouldn't take anyone too seriously who earned CK by paying for AA premium cabins. I'm understanding of the desire to differentiate their tier from EXP. They need some justification for all of that spend and they sure has heck aren't getting it in the air

The smart ones are the free agents who pick and choose who to fly based solely on his or her own priorities. The bawlers are the ones doing it exclusively in paid premium cabins.

​​​​​​
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Ned13
I'm somewhat afraid of beating a dead horse...but are there any hints regarding the PHL FF lounge? I have flights in March and August of NY to EUR and would love for it to be open by then.
What exactly are you referring to when you say "FF lounge"? I am unaware of such a thing. Perhaps you mean Flagship Lounge (FL)?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by ikwia
What exactly are you referring to when you say "FF lounge"? I am unaware of such a thing. Perhaps you mean Flagship Lounge (FL)?
Sorry, long day at that point yesterday - FL not FF.
ikwia and ryanbriar like this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:16 am

Likely have access after transcon F.
Agree. The agents mentioned on Sunday night that they hadn’t heard direct confirmation, but also hadn’t heard anything on changing policies. We shall see come 12/1.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Ned13
I'm somewhat afraid of beating a dead horse...but are there any hints regarding the PHL FF lounge? I have flights in March and August of NY to EUR and would love for it to be open by then.
Arrived at PHL Terminal A this morning and saw a good bit of construction happening, but nothing that indicated a lounge. Based on the renderings, it seems as though the airport is more concerned with renovating their bathrooms than adding this lounge.

Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Too bad, but not surprising.

What grounds did they reject you on? Things were looking “up” this summer, at least when I accessed it a few times.
They said they were full with BA business customers. Could see through the windows, and it was not that crowded. I was on AA business to ZRH and pleaded my case. Got rejected on the trip home too. I the past, I have been admitted as a OW Sapphire on a domestic flight, but it look some persuading ("I fly BA business from PHX - LHR several times per year" - mostly true)
There have been several posts on this and most find it is difficult to get admitted to the BA club unless you are on BA.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by remedy
They said they were full with BA business customers. Could see through the windows, and it was not that crowded. I was on AA business to ZRH and pleaded my case. Got rejected on the trip home too. I the past, I have been admitted as a OW Sapphire on a domestic flight, but it look some persuading ("I fly BA business from PHX - LHR several times per year" - mostly true)
There have been several posts on this and most find it is difficult to get admitted to the BA club unless you are on BA.
Thanks for the run down. I was able to get in this spring with my Royal Air Maroc OWS card after some significant back and forth, and was able to access two additional times based on my OWE status / international itinerary with limited pushback (one time I was freely admitted). That said, it pales in comparison to the Boston Galleries lounge in terms of F&B. The best thing it has going is that it is a quiet place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.