Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by Antarius
It still has the words "qualifying flight" though. So it isn't all encompassing?
Agree that “qualifying” is definitely a bit vague. Having said that, my guess is that it has to do with some sort of long haul / Tcon qualifier and is purposely left vague.

All of that said, when the boarding pass was scanned, it indicated that I had access so there was fortunately no need to pull up the T&Cs and get into a debate on the meaning of “qualifying”.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Agree that “qualifying” is definitely a bit vague. Having said that, my guess is that it has to do with some sort of long haul / Tcon qualifier and is purposely left vague.

All of that said, when the boarding pass was scanned, it indicated that I had access so there was fortunately no need to pull up the T&Cs and get into a debate on the meaning of “qualifying”.
Yea, could very well be. That way domestic F can't stake a claim on entry.

I was always under the impression that FFD was accesible to BA a few other F pax in specific locations (subject to negotiated agreements between AA and the other airline). If it is all, that would be a solid step in terms of alliance wide standardization.
Old May 13, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Antarius
Yea, could very well be. That way domestic F can't stake a claim on entry.

I was always under the impression that FFD was accesible to BA a few other F pax in specific locations (subject to negotiated agreements between AA and the other airline). If it is all, that would be a solid step in terms of alliance wide standardization.
But does this recent experience mean it is across the board OW F or did BA just work a deal with AA to let F in. With the move in the near future to T8 maybe this is just to begin the process of letting their Pax have FFD access.

Also, what about arriving BA F to JFK and then domestic AA, can you access FFD? At MIA or DFW?
Old May 13, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
But does this recent experience mean it is across the board OW F or did BA just work a deal with AA to let F in. With the move in the near future to T8 maybe this is just to begin the process of letting their Pax have FFD access.

Also, what about arriving BA F to JFK and then domestic AA, can you access FFD? At MIA or DFW?
Based on the wording in the T&Cs, I’d say across the board. Even with the upcoming move to T8, I don’t think they’d work out a deal given the CCR in T7.

I may have that scenario occur in the next few months (BA F inbound connecting to AA domestic) so we’ll see when the time comes.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Based on the wording in the T&Cs, I’d say across the board. Even with the upcoming move to T8, I don’t think they’d work out a deal given the CCR in T7.

I may have that scenario occur in the next few months (BA F inbound connecting to AA domestic) so we’ll see when the time comes.
Ya good point with CCR I doubt there is a special deal for FFD. I believe though someone else reported a few weeks ago being denied at DFW on route to MIA for BA F. So maybe when its a partner airline its just departing (or maybe arriving) but the flight must "touch" the airport where the FL is. Thats so lame though and makes it confusing . Thats also the logic AA agents at LAX gave me for my miserable experience there in February when I was wrongly denied for FL on a LAX-SFO-JFK FF flight. Maybe they could implement this though for the partner airlines.

Until AA spells it out better we will never know for sure what we can expect.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:04 am

Is the FL lounge at LAX still closed? The AA site says it's open but haven't read anything
Old May 31, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Yes, it is open. I visited there 12May.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Is the FL lounge at LAX still closed? The AA site says it's open but haven't read anything
I think you mean FFD.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I think you mean FFD.
Yes, thanks...is it true that it might just never come back?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL

Very quiet this afternoon here in MIA. Food is excellent, limited selection of wines, and the white and rose could use a bit more chill.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by work2fly
Very quiet this afternoon here in MIA. Food is excellent, limited selection of wines, and the white and rose could use a bit more chill.
work2fly, did you try the Marinated Steak and/or the Pork Tamales? Was the cooked-to-order food station open?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
work2fly, did you try the Marinated Steak and/or the Pork Tamales? Was the cooked-to-order food station open?
They are setting up the made to order station right now. I saw seaweed and marinated carrots, so we'll see what's on offer, and I'll try to report back.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:25 pm

FFD Dining JFK 6/6

Spent a couple of hours awaiting my domestic connection Monday evening. Solid service and all menu items were on offer, though the staff really worked hard to hunt down a bottle of Blue Label. It was very much appreciated versus saying it was not available.

LPGS out of a big glass for maximum aromatic effect…

Figured I’d try the shawarma. It was quite good as a snack.

Massive piece of lamb shank. If I wasn’t stuffed from a day of eating, would have ordered a side of fries and dessert.
work2fly, jcatman, bryanb and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:33 pm

Yum!
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:09 am

More on the limited wine selection in the MIA FL: The were 2 whites (a Chablis and a domestic chard), one Italian rose, and 3 reds (a chianti, the ubiquitous Textbook cab, and a Toscana). Imagine my surprise when I found myself in the AC later in the evening, asked for a glass of the house red, and it was the same Toscana as in the FL. The wine wasn't bad by any means, fwiw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.