Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, KE GOLD, AMEX PLAT
Flew a couple of times this past month and my FAs have been very attentive so far. Although I was never offered a pre-departure drink, I was never denied snacks and alcohol in F.
AANYC1981 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
This is indeed a step in the right direction and I AAPLAUD AA for leading the pack on Domestic F offerings. AA has been by far the best domestic carrier for premium passengers of the Big 3 during the last few months.
Agreed
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:12 pm

Quick FYI. Currently on AA 426 LAX.MIA 77W. Received regular flagship business class meal service with choice of 4 options on this flight today.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 100306054
Quick FYI. Currently on AA 426 LAX.MIA 77W. Received regular flagship business class meal service with choice of 4 options on this flight today.
Great to know, thanks for the data point!
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by aixporter
Flew a couple of times this past month and my FAs have been very attentive so far. Although I was never offered a pre-departure drink, I was never denied snacks and alcohol in F.
This month, I've been refused service on one flight, and then had to refuse refills on another (both Eagle).

Flagship transcon in June was fantastic, except that the only pax in J that refused to wear a mask was the one seated next to me.

Thanks! I've been wondering with the latest changes whether Flagship meal service would remain on this flight. I've seen some great LAX-NYC J fares via MIA and may check it out on my next trip back.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
LAS-DFW
Boeing 737-800 with PTV's ^

First Class

Snack bag containing a small bottle of Nestle water, sanitizing wipe, and pretzels upon boarding.

Once in the air, fruit and cheese trays passed out. The trays came with plastic utensils. VERY attentive service with frequent refills from the elderly FA that earned him an AAplause certificate.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Anyone do MIA-LAX LAX-MIA recently. When I first booked about a month ago they coded the morning flights breakfast. Then reduced it to refreshments. Now its back to breakfast again but no preorder at the 30 day mark. PS trip is in late Aug. 321 one way 77W the other if that makes any diff. Only two classes being sold each flight.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Anyone do MIA-LAX LAX-MIA recently. When I first booked about a month ago they coded the morning flights breakfast. Then reduced it to refreshments. Now its back to breakfast again but no preorder at the 30 day mark. PS trip is in late Aug. 321 one way 77W the other if that makes any diff. Only two classes being sold each flight.
Pre-order is suspended currently however it has been reported here recently that the MIA-LAX 777 flights are still receiving meals. The other narrowbody/non-premium aircraft on this route no longer offer a meal service.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
You've been on both configurations recently then?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You've been on both configurations recently then?
I have not, I'm referencing post number 739 just upthread on the 777 flights.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Compare AY (Finnair) Business Offerings.. Jeez

CPH-HEL (less than 1.5 hours)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32538657-post448.html

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5155bc3e28.jpg

AMS-HEL (~ 2 hour flight)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32507457-post402.html

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b6d7c5de7.jpeg
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
I think there is chance you will be served a proper meal. A few random Sabre searches indicate that the narrowbodies on LAX-MIA are offering meals in first, as well as the 77W (which is three-class, BTW). As a representative data point, AA1297 (1:35pm LAX-MIA) shows as refreshments only on 29JUL; 30JUL or later reflects lunch service.

By contrast, MIA-SFO still shows refreshments only.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jul 28, 2020 at 5:51 pm
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
I'm set to fly LAX-DCA-PWM in F on Saturday (8/1). Am I assuming correctly, that there will be no meal service on the LAX-DCA segment? And, what is AA's policy on bringing a meal from home to eat in F?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:43 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
100306054 - Thanks for that data point. And congrats on making your first post after registering for the site over 8 years ago!
ExpatExp likes this.

Last edited by JY1024; Jul 29, 2020 at 7:51 am
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fgirard
I'm set to fly LAX-DCA-PWM in F on Saturday (8/1). Am I assuming correctly, that there will be no meal service on the LAX-DCA segment? And, what is AA's policy on bringing a meal from home to eat in F?
Why would there be a policy? As long as it can get through security (meaning no liquids) you can eat it.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.