Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
MIA-JFK. FAs went around w phone taking to all the non revs and asking them if they wanted a big bottle of water and handing it to them in front of other pax. I know they get one on boarding, but to spend so much time welcoming nonrevs and ignoring paying pax in F, even when someone requested water too, just seems awful.

so much for being afraid of being in the cabin. They have no problem doing it for themselves/fellow crew. Time for PDB and full service to return for all, it seems

also had a separate experience with a LIM based crew. For the fourth time, I’ve had carts in the aisle on a 737 for service in biz from a South American based crew. They seem to be the only ones that still think that’s the procedure. Just find that interesting. Doesn’t bother me, but just interesting that they still do it after all these years of it not being policy.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
1/25 AA 2704 RDU-CLT A-321: Full PDB! Plasticware in the air though and packaged mixed nuts. The FAs did refills though on the 39 minute flight.
1/25 AA 1694 CLT-ATL A-319: No PDB. Plasticware in the air and packaged mixed nuts. No refills.

AA staying inconsistent in 2022.
enviroian, wrp96, cmd320 and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
MIA-LAX in F on the 77W last week. Full PDB of choice in glassware with ice.

Haven't seen one of those since March 2020.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I got these almonds on RDU-DFW last week. I haven't seen them before.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10

I got these almonds on RDU-DFW last week. I haven't seen them before.
I have seen the same brand of almonds on my Domestic First flights at September 2021 so I wouldn't consider them as new.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
It'll be interesting to see if PDBs make a come back since they are reported to start back up today. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, though.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
It'll be interesting to see if PDBs make a come back since they are reported to start back up today. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, though.
This morning PHX/LAX there were PDBs. Doesn't look like I'm going to clear my next flight today LAX/MIA unless there's a no show/misconnect. If I do will be interesting to see if it's the pre COVID transcon PDB service.
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by EXP100
This morning PHX/LAX there were PDBs. Doesn't look like I'm going to clear my next flight today LAX/MIA unless there's a no show/misconnect. If I do will be interesting to see if it's the pre COVID transcon PDB service.
On Jan 28, I had PDB on LAX-MIA on Flagship Business on a 777-300ER.
The PDB options were champagne, water and orange juice already poured and cabin crew distributing them with a tray. Other drinks were also available upon request during boarding.
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EXP100
I've got LAX/PHX then PHX/SEA tomorrow, so I'll report back too.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Just received a text from a friend who just boarded AA2509 MCO>DCA and PDBs are being served.
Drwaz99 and TBRIC like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
It’s true.
The quintessential PDB is back.
Is that on select flights? MIA-JAX of all routes!
We loved the FA; and she told us PD drinks have been back since Feb 15.
(There certainly weren’t any on JFK MIA (777-200) a few days ago.)
This is good news for us all, isn’t it?
robertablake likes this.

Last edited by Sandy Hopper; Feb 24, 2022 at 7:26 pm Reason: Oops…MIA instead of LAX.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
It’s true.
The quintessential PDB is back.
Is that on select flights? MIA-JAX of all routes! We loved the FA, and she told us PD drinks have been back since Feb 15.
(We certainly weren’t offered one on JFK LAX (777-200) a few days ago.)
This is good news for us all, isn’t it?
We got a PDB on the MIA-LAS flight in I on a 777-200ER on the 19th of this month, but not on the same flight back to MIA from LAS.
Sandy Hopper likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
Small pillow and blanket from Casper on FLL-LAX this morning, didn’t see that coming.
Spanish likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Had PDB Feb17 DCA-TPA Also, TPA-PHL Feb 20. No other flights those days or since,
Seems pretty much back to normal. sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.
Have to admit it looked somewhat difficult to do the PDB. The FA was pushing through the boarding crowd with some difficulty to get drinks out. Both FAs were thanked by everyone in F
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
Originally Posted by aj411
Had PDB Feb17 DCA-TPA Also, TPA-PHL Feb 20. sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.
Translation = Back to normal pre-COVID service!
aj411 and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.