FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2014213-coronavirus-reduced-inflight-food-beverage-restrictions-03-2020-changes.html)

JDiver Mar 24, 2020 7:11 pm

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Temporary changes include scaled back food and beverage service, closing additional Admirals Club lounges, maximizing social distancing on aircraft, and short-term suspension of checked pets.

SEE Wikipost.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...81aca50c7.jpeg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0e9fc9049.jpeg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d162269df.jpeg

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Mar 25, 2020 8:31 am

I would think that for F paxs during the interim couldn't AA just hand out a boxed cold meal wrapped in plastic? FAs would not need to touch any food article.

geckoflyer Mar 26, 2020 1:57 pm

AA email re: changes to onboard services during COVID-19

I’m not sure if there’s a better place to post so mods please feel free to merge if I missed it. Just received a couple of these emails for flights in the next week...

March 26, 2020

Hi <geckoflyer>,

American Airlines is making several changes in service and policies as it continues to respond to coronavirus (COVID-19). These changes include reducing flight attendant-customer interaction. To further provide for social distancing and minimal contact between flight attendants and customers, American will offer limited food and beverage options from March 27 through April 30.

The reduced service will discontinue all existing pre-order meals on flights beginning March 27. We see that you have pre-ordered a meal on your upcoming flight. With our reduced meal offerings, we will not able to fulfill this order at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Travel date: Friday, April 03, 2020

Flight number: 7

Record locator: PNRPNR

The safety and well-being of our customers and team members remains our highest priority. American is in contact with U.S. and international authorities, as well as public health officials, and we continue to coordinate with them on all required health- and safety-related measures regarding coronavirus (COVID-19).

If you need to change your travel plans, visit aa.com.

Thank you for flying American Airlines.

IzzyL Mar 26, 2020 2:38 pm

My flight on April 10 has not be cancelled yet PHL to TPA. I don’t. Want to travel to Florida just when the virus will be ramping up down there. I wonder if this change of service to my purchased first class ticket would help me get a refund? I know, the only way I’ll know will be to call but was just wondering out loud as it were.

TEBraniff Mar 26, 2020 8:51 pm

Just shut the damned thing down if you can't serve beverages to all. This is the most assinine thing to see posted ever.

mvoight Mar 27, 2020 1:39 am

Originally Posted by IzzyL (Post 32235634)
My flight on April 10 has not be cancelled yet PHL to TPA. I don’t. Want to travel to Florida just when the virus will be ramping up down there. I wonder if this change of service to my purchased first class ticket would help me get a refund? I know, the only way I’ll know will be to call but was just wondering out loud as it were.

I would argue this is not the first class experience they were advertising when you purchased the ticket

AANYC1981 Mar 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Any reports from the new changes today? If I’m in FC I take it I can still request an adult beverage once in-flight?

etsmyers Mar 28, 2020 10:10 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 32237145)
I would argue this is not the first class experience they were advertising when you purchased the ticket

please advise, this was to be my strategy in a week

JDiver Mar 28, 2020 12:18 pm

It doesn’t matter what was offered when one purchased a ticket. The novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 pandemic fits the definition of force majeure per the Conditions of Carriage. The current policy states one may request beverages in First Class. But the catering loads will determine what’s on offer.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Mar 29, 2020 9:20 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 32239737)
Any reports from the new changes today? If I’m in FC I take it I can still request an adult beverage once in-flight?

Flew DCA/MIA yesterday. Announcement made at the gate and during boarding. Nothing offered in F, no blankets. The woman across from me asked for something (not sure what) and was given a big bottle of work. A pilot in F asked for food/beverage and was given some BOB (looked like a cheese plate) and a big bottle of water. FA never interacted with the pax but had plenty of time to talk in glee about the bailout that will give them jobs until September. (Sad most other Americans aren't going to get such a guarantee).

I would guess no alcohol or ice was catered. I'm also thinking some of the changes might be permanent like no meals in F under 2,200 miles and no PDBs.

HeadInTheClouds Mar 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 32239737)

I was able to get liquor on my flight in F Sunday (3/29) no issue. Including ice, and including PDB.

Bear96 Mar 31, 2020 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George (Post 32244480)
The woman across from me asked for something (not sure what) and was given a big bottle of work.

Ugh, that's like my worst nightmare. :cool:

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Apr 1, 2020 6:56 am

Yesterday the FA proactively offered drinks yesterday to the 4 paxs in F on a 772. Also passed out the Biscotti cookies. Also handed out large bottles of water as PDB. This level of service will probably be FA dependent.

GrumpyYoungMan Apr 1, 2020 7:39 am

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George (Post 32253759)
This level of service will probably be FA dependent.

So, business as usual then? :p:D

AANYC1981 Apr 8, 2020 9:08 am

Any other updates on FC services on flights under 2200 miles? Do you really have to ring the call button for a drink or walk up to the galley or are they still coming thru FC to ask if you want anything?

I have a feeling these cuts will be extended beyond 4/30 and am just curious what’s it’s like now that we’re almost in mid April.