Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:37 am

Just another data point- deposit happened 4/16 ; miles deposited 9/10. I do like that Im earning an extra 25% miles (allthough limited to net +12.5K miles/year). Just my math I made 20K +12.5K miles = ~$325 dollars on a 10K deposit which isn't too bad over ~6 months

Last edited by jimmyz1; Sep 11, 2020 at 11:51 am
Old Sep 12, 2020, 8:46 am

Bank Deposit: 4/15, Miles Deposited 9/10 Glad to be done with this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Just close the account. They can't keep your $.
How do they send you 50K if you call to close the account? Do you have to send them the closure by mail? Notarized?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Can anyone confirm that the MileUp card still receives 2.5x/$1 @ grocery when you have this savings account?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:03 am

Just got this in the snail mail offer. The interest rate is even lower at 0.60APY but this rate also happens to be the same rate as American Express "high yield" account which use to be 2.9% pre covide and has dropped every month since.
The bonus miles are the same 20k , 40k, 50k and the +25% extra miles on purchases with 10k in the account.

Was worth it for me, As I am traveling in the next few months and these will just stack on my current horde of miles that I have. Might be bumping up to Biz/first for overseas trip with this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Who would go through all the trouble to deposit $50K to wait a year to get $250?
Guess it depends how you plan on using the miles.
40k > 250usd
Example ticket
22.5k miles = 1 way trip overseas on a 1000usd economy ticket. (FRA to LAS)

And/or stacking with your current miles to fly in style in BIZ/First adds even more value to the miles.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Deposit made 5/10/20.
Should have received miles around 8/10/20.
It's now October and no miles deposited.
Guess I'm calling Citibank tomorrow.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
Deposit made 5/10/20.
Should have received miles around 8/10/20.
It's now October and no miles deposited.
Guess I'm calling Citibank tomorrow.
Your miles should have posted within 90 days 9/10/2020. So yup. Looks like you need to call or email them.
"bonus miles will be credited to your AAdvantage® account within ninety (90) calendar days from the date you complete all required activities."

Please post an update. thx
Old Nov 1, 2020, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
Your miles should have posted within 90 days 9/10/2020. So yup. Looks like you need to call or email them.
"bonus miles will be credited to your AAdvantage® account within ninety (90) calendar days from the date you complete all required activities."
Please post an update. thx
Thanks. I called them and they said they would look into it. On October 15th the 40,000 miles was finally posted to my AAdvantage account.
I expect to move the money back out of the Miles AAhead account as there doesn't seem to be any benefit leaving it there.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 6:21 pm

Thanks. I called them and they said they would look into it. On October 15th the 40,000 miles was finally posted to my AAdvantage account.
I expect to move the money back out of the Miles AAhead account as there doesn't seem to be any benefit leaving it there.
Interestingly, there is a $10,000 per month withdrawal limit from the account, if I read it correctly. So it's going to take me 5+ months to liquidate the account! Had I known that.....
Old Nov 3, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
So I'm thinking about pulling the plug on this, but was thinking maybe I leave a little bit in to keep the 25% credit card spend bonus. I've checked the Citi site and can't find T&Cs since this was a targeted program. The FAQs don't reference a minimum balance needed for the 25% bonus. I did see one blogger stating that's it's contingent on a $10,000 minimum balance, but have no clue where they got that info and if it's fact or speculation.

Does anyone a) know the answer to this, b) have the T&Cs from their sign-up, c) find this info on the Citi site?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 5:08 pm

Interestingly, there is a $10,000 per month withdrawal limit from the account, if I read it correctly. So it's going to take me 5+ months to liquidate the account! Had I known that.....
Once I get my points, I'm just closing my account. If you have no reason to keep your account they can't take 5 months to pay you the money you own if you close it outright, too. Close, not withdraw. They'll cut you a cashiers check or transfer it where you tell them to.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by bosman
So I'm thinking about pulling the plug on this, but was thinking maybe I leave a little bit in to keep the 25% credit card spend bonus. I've checked the Citi site and can't find T&Cs since this was a targeted program. The FAQs don't reference a minimum balance needed for the 25% bonus. I did see one blogger stating that's it's contingent on a $10,000 minimum balance, but have no clue where they got that info and if it's fact or speculation.

Does anyone a) know the answer to this, b) have the T&Cs from their sign-up, c) find this info on the Citi site?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
The minimum is 10k monthly balance which earns the +25% extra miles. up to 50,000 in purchases per year. That is the only T and C about the extra benefit listed.

I will probably just leave 10K in the account for that extra 25% miles every month as it can be worth it if you spend often on the credit card tied to the account.
bosman likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 2:02 pm

Yeah I saw that was well. Pretty annoying. But if you close out the account they will xfer the amount all in 1 transfer. However, if you wanted to keep 10K sitting for the +25% bonus miles then it would take you months to get the account down to just 10K. Really annoying.

Thanks for the update. Now I plan on making a phone call when my 40k miles dont show up after 4 months time. More annoyance from this offer.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Once I get my points, I'm just closing my account. If you have no reason to keep your account they can't take 5 months to pay you the money you own if you close it outright, too. Close, not withdraw. They'll cut you a cashiers check or transfer it where you tell them to.
Excellent, didn't think of that. That's what I will do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.