Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by mmthomas44
I did a pull of the entire amount from Ally Bank, where I usually keep excess funds. I read there are
restrictions on push from citibank.
Good input so i guess i can pull the entire 50k from Chase bank . Let me try that
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by dip2007
Good input so i guess i can pull the entire 50k from Chase bank . Let me try that
Just to confirm can i was able to pull out the entire 50k using betterment .
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: AA
American Airlines Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Originally Posted by CLTRob
Has anyone taken advantage of this offer? If you have, how has your experience been with CitiBank?
I received an invitation to open an AAdvantage savings account 8 months ago. I called the number given, gave my info, funded the account and waited for my miles to be credited.
When 7 months passed I called AA customer service to check on my missing miles. I was told they would investigate and contact me in 7-10 days. Didn't happen! I called them again and
reiterated my story. The agent put me on hold and then came back to tell me that he was sorry, but, I did not fit the demographic they were looking, that I was sent the "exclusive invitation"
by mistake and that I would not get my miles.
I sent a letter to AA management at this point to air my displeasure, feeling of betrayal and shock that AA would use the money of a person who did not fit the demographic!!!. I believe my investment
was made in good faith, I fulfilled all of the requirements and was, therefore, entitled to the miles offered. DO NOT INVEST IN THIS ACCOUNT-IT IS A SCAM. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS LIE!!!
Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Centurion
If history repeats expect a 1099 issued for these miles from Citibank that values them at higher value than anyone on flyertalk.
You will absolutely get a tax form. The mailer said what the value of the miles for tax purposes was but I don't remember what it was and I threw it away. IIRC it was not bad -- well under 1 cent per mile. I certainly value miles at much more than 1c (but I could understand how people who use their miles for domestic travel may not)
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:54 pm

Has anyone gotten an "Offer not available" after getting invites in the mail?

"The offer is not available for you at this time, but we invite you to continue your application without a promotion or to apply for another product. To proceed with your application, click Continue. To select another product, click Cancel."
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Saulinpa
Has anyone gotten an "Offer not available" after getting invites in the mail?

"The offer is not available for you at this time, but we invite you to continue your application without a promotion or to apply for another product. To proceed with your application, click Continue. To select another product, click Cancel."
I'm running into this error as well. I received a mailer back in September for this promotion, opened the account, funded it with $50k, and just got the 40k bonus miles in my account last week. My wife also received a mailer recently, so I'm trying to open an account for her, but I get the "Offer not available" message as soon as I begin the account opening process for her. I haven't pursued it any further yet, but might reach out to Citi to see if there's a glitch or if we can actually get the promo for her.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Has anyone had any issues closing their Citi AA Savings account via a transfer from Citi to another bank account? Thank you!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, BA, KE
I received an offer last November, put $10K for me and my wife onto this account. Its web interface is terrible. I couldn't even get the fund to move between this account and my main bank (so many broken links and unclear or even conflicting instructions). I closed my account about a month ago and am still waiting for the check (I wanted to withdraw money electronically before closing it but I wasn't able to do that - it's easy to set up a linked bank to deposit money but it's next to impossible to set up a linked bank to withdraw money). At least I got my 20K AA miles in time. Citibank used to be a good bank, but it is now a terrible bank.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:01 am

I transfered funds using other bank transfer service from Citi to other bank. No problem. I left @$100 in the citi account.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
My fiancé got a targeted offer for this when she was logged in to her Citi credit card account online. Does anyone know if the miles earned (or Bonus) count toward American Airlines Loyalty Points? Or is everything earned strictly recorded with AA as Bonus Points?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
I signed up and deposited funds. 3 or 4 days later my statement ended, and I received the 25% bonus on the entire statement hitting my AA account immediately. Happy to see that so quickly.

I also signed up or the 75k citi offer (2x, one for me, one for wife). We both subsequently got a targeted offer for Miles Ahead Savings and I jumped on it. Unfortunately, the sign up page consistently provided a "Something went wrong" error and we couldn't get signed up before the offer ended. Kinda upset about that, couldn't get any CSR to help. Credit Card kept sending us to Banking which sent us to someone else, then we were told to call 3 different phone numbers. Never got it to work out. Tried for days.

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
My fiancé got a targeted offer for this when she was logged in to her Citi credit card account online. Does anyone know if the miles earned (or Bonus) count toward American Airlines Loyalty Points? Or is everything earned strictly recorded with AA as Bonus Points?
They do not count toward loyalty points.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:24 pm

I want my 25%!

I signed up for this savings account back in February. I eventually got my bonus miles, but I'm still not getting my 25% bonus miles on my credit card.

I contacted bank customer service. They very quickly transferred me to credit card customer service... who very quickly transferred me back to the same bank customer service agent I first spoke to. Finally I got them to launch an investigation.

The response I got: "Unfortunately, we are not aware of any promotions offered in conjunction with the opening of your account. However, if you have a copy of the promotional documentation or letter you received, we may be able to assist you. If you have a copy of the promotional documentation, please fax the copies to..."

I'm glad I kept the copy of the promo (so I'm going to fax it off and see what happens). but it really shouldn't be this hard.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by rickscholz
I signed up for this savings account back in February. I eventually got my bonus miles, but I'm still not getting my 25% bonus miles on my credit card.
When you login to the citi app and navigate to your card linked with the savings account, do you see a section that shows whether you qualified for the promo?

Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Is it Worth It?

Hello AA,

For at least a year I have been receiving and paper invitation to get a Mile Ahead savings account and receive bonus miles. A few weeks ago I finally got around to signing up. There was no clear way to enroll online. So I called and did it on the phone. It took around 30 minutes (I was home with Covid) I was told to send a copy of a utility bill and then I would receive a welcome package.

After about 2 weeks I received a call at my work place. The person said a rather large package was delivered to her mail box, addressed to me. We have the same house number. Our street names are three words each and there was one common word between us. Obviously it was some kind of auto fill. The house was about 4 miles away on a street I never know existed.

I got on the phone again. Let me say at this point, every call had the worst audio ever. . . breaking up, fading. Twice I had to end the call and get in line again, with a different phone and different line. Same problem.

It took a long time to make clear this was not my address. In the packet was a deposit slip, other materials with my name, my account number and her address. I received a letter stating my address was corrected, then an email guiding to a link to link my new account to my Citi page. Nothing there.

Today I engaged in another round of telephone roulette. 3 different call all trying to explain there was no new account linked. From what I understood with the 3rd supervisor, I had to wait for an ATM card and the agent ordered one.

It's been three weeks. Reading through the postings, seems there are lots of problems. Is it worth 10,000 miles?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by rickscholz

I contacted bank customer service. They very quickly transferred me to credit card customer service... who very quickly transferred me back to the same bank customer service agent I first spoke to. Finally I got them to launch an investigation.

The response I got: "Unfortunately, we are not aware of any promotions offered in conjunction with the opening of your account. However, if you have a copy of the promotional documentation or letter you received, we may be able to assist you. If you have a copy of the promotional documentation, please fax the copies to..."

I'm glad I kept the copy of the promo (so I'm going to fax it off and see what happens). but it really shouldn't be this hard.
I'm in the same situation. Deposited in February and have called several times since. They said I needed to keep waiting. Then, they said they would open an investigation. I never heard back. Called again, and they said they snail mailed me a letter (I never received), saying that I needed to fax them the offer details. Luckily I still have it. Faxed it on Friday. Will report back if I hear anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.