Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
I'm in the same situation. Deposited in February and have called several times since. They said I needed to keep waiting. Then, they said they would open an investigation. I never heard back. Called again, and they said they snail mailed me a letter (I never received), saying that I needed to fax them the offer details. Luckily I still have it. Faxed it on Friday. Will report back if I hear anything.
FINALLY got the 20,000 miles after faxing the offer info to them. Still waiting for the 25% bonus on credit card miles from the last seven months...
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by majikTib
When you login to the citi app and navigate to your card linked with the savings account, do you see a section that shows whether you qualified for the promo?

I had never looked at the app. Just the website. I just looked. The section is there, but says not qualifed... Thank you ... now I have even more questions to ask.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by rickscholz
I signed up for this savings account back in February. I eventually got my bonus miles, but I'm still not getting my 25% bonus miles on my credit card.

I contacted bank customer service. They very quickly transferred me to credit card customer service... who very quickly transferred me back to the same bank customer service agent I first spoke to. Finally I got them to launch an investigation.

The response I got: "Unfortunately, we are not aware of any promotions offered in conjunction with the opening of your account. However, if you have a copy of the promotional documentation or letter you received, we may be able to assist you. If you have a copy of the promotional documentation, please fax the copies to..."

I'm glad I kept the copy of the promo (so I'm going to fax it off and see what happens). but it really shouldn't be this hard.
OK... I decided to give them another call. Wow... what a runaround. I started by calling their banking department...
Who transferred me to the credit card department...
Who transferred me back to the banking account...
Who transferred me back to the credit card department...
Who transferred me to their sales department...
Who transferred me to some other unnamed department...
Who transferred me to another rep in the same department...
Who told me I need to speak with the new account servicing department, which is closed and is only open 8 am - 5 pm Central time.
Wow. That was fun.

The problem is that their bank and credit cards are so separate, none of the reps I've spoken to can view both at the same time. The bank people say it is a credit card offer (so they can't help me), and the credit card people say it is a bank offer (so they can't help me).

I have a hunch that the end of this story will be when I cancel the credit card and savings account and go back to Barclays. I've had a card with them before, so I may not get any bonus miles for such a transaction... but at this point I don't care.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Looking for any updates on the Citi Mileage Savings account, and getting the bonus. I opened an account on 7/22/2022, and funded it at $100 over the minimum requirement for the 40K award level. From the terms and conditions, it looks like I need to maintain the minimum balance for 60 days, then the Bonus Miles will be credited to my AAdvantage account within 90 calendar days of completing all Required Activities. So my expectation is that these will post around 150 days from initial funding. This puts me near the end of December.

For those of you that have received your Bonus Miles, does that sound about right?

Additional data points: I have been getting my 25% bonus per credit card statement, which was also part of the enrollment offer, so I should not have an eligibility issue. And from the Citi App, I am showing "Status: Qualified Last Month"
Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Looking for any updates on the Citi Mileage Savings account, and getting the bonus. I opened an account on 7/22/2022, and funded it at $100 over the minimum requirement for the 40K award level. From the terms and conditions, it looks like I need to maintain the minimum balance for 60 days, then the Bonus Miles will be credited to my AAdvantage account within 90 calendar days of completing all Required Activities. So my expectation is that these will post around 150 days from initial funding. This puts me near the end of December.

For those of you that have received your Bonus Miles, does that sound about right?

(Also, I have been getting my 25% bonus per credit card statement, which was also part of the enrollment offer, so I should not have an eligibility issue)
I opened an account in late October, 2021 and it took until early March, 2022 before the miles posted for me (around 135 days). My wife was also targeted, and she opened an account in early May, 2022 and the bonus miles posted in early August, 2022 (around 95 days). We didn't really do anything different each time, so I'm not sure what the difference was.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by tmm1012
I opened an account in late October, 2021 and it took until early March, 2022 before the miles posted for me (around 135 days). My wife was also targeted, and she opened an account in early May, 2022 and the bonus miles posted in early August, 2022 (around 95 days). We didn't really do anything different each time, so I'm not sure what the difference was.
Thank you. I am at 116 days. I wonder if the timing is based on the interest cycle of the savings account, or the closing date of the credit card, or maybe both.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Thank you. I am at 116 days. I wonder if the timing is based on the interest cycle of the savings account, or the closing date of the credit card, or maybe both.
Ha! Ironically enough, the 40K bonus points posted overnight.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:29 am

For those that have received your points, I would like to transfer some money out, but still get the 25% bonus on my CITI card points. Is this possible by keeping a minimum balance?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:08 am

In reading the terms, it looks like the minimum to keep the 25% benefit is 10K
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by rickscholz
OK... I decided to give them another call. Wow... what a runaround. I started by calling their banking department...
Who transferred me to the credit card department...
Who transferred me back to the banking account...
Who transferred me back to the credit card department...
Who transferred me to their sales department...
Who transferred me to some other unnamed department...
Who told me I need to speak with the new account servicing department, which is closed and is only open 8 am - 5 pm Central time.
Wow. That was fun.

The problem is that their bank and credit cards are so separate, none of the reps I've spoken to can view both at the same time. The bank people say it is a credit card offer (so they can't help me), and the credit card people say it is a bank offer (so they can't help me).

I have a hunch that the end of this story will be when I cancel the credit card and savings account and go back to Barclays. I've had a card with them before, so I may not get any bonus miles for such a transaction... but at this point I don't care.
Back in September, I did call back and talk to the new account servicing department. I ultimately got them to file another inquiry for the back office to look into it, and they said I would hear back in a couple weeks.

Fast forward to December, they replied back saying I need to talk to the credit card department (which is who sent me to the bank department).

I'm done. I closed the savings account, and will be closing the credit card soon.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Plat/2 MM, Marriott Titanium, Admirals Club, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum
I called them about something yesterday and the credit card people appear to know nothing about the savings department. I resolved my issue by using the online chat feature. Maybe I was just lucky and got someone knowledgeable but he was able to give me the information I needed.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by oldvolvo
I called them about something yesterday and the credit card people appear to know nothing about the savings department. I resolved my issue by using the online chat feature. Maybe I was just lucky and got someone knowledgeable but he was able to give me the information I needed.
You got lucky. When I tried online chat, they just kept transferring me back and forth between credit card online chat and bank online chat. I caught them transferring me back to the same agent (since they give me their name), and the tried a bit harder but still couldn't help me.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MRT Lifetime Titanium Elite, UAL, DL, SPG
Has anyone else had issues trying to get their AA miles from Citi for the Miles Ahead Savings?? I deposited $200K in there within the 30 days, left it for over 60 days (as required), then called a few times. First agent said to wait until 90 days passed. I did. Second agent transferred me a few times, then opened up a ticket to look into it. A couple weeks later 2 more agents said I need to fill out a 1099 form. Fine, I did. Then out of the blue I get an email stating that I did NOT meet the criteria. WTH?? I hit them up on Twitter and they said to send in the 1099 for and I would get my miles. I'm still waiting.

It looks like the issue may be I left my money in for over 60 days from when I initially deposited it, but not 90 days (even though all their offers state only 60 days), from opening it. There seems to be some intentionally vague confusing terms - but I would told I met the criteria....then no. Anyone have any luck escalating issues with Citi??
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by jfks35
Has anyone else had issues trying to get their AA miles from Citi for the Miles Ahead Savings?? I deposited $200K in there within the 30 days, left it for over 60 days (as required), then called a few times. First agent said to wait until 90 days passed. I did. Second agent transferred me a few times, then opened up a ticket to look into it. A couple weeks later 2 more agents said I need to fill out a 1099 form. Fine, I did. Then out of the blue I get an email stating that I did NOT meet the criteria. WTH?? I hit them up on Twitter and they said to send in the 1099 for and I would get my miles. I'm still waiting.

It looks like the issue may be I left my money in for over 60 days from when I initially deposited it, but not 90 days (even though all their offers state only 60 days), from opening it. There seems to be some intentionally vague confusing terms - but I would told I met the criteria....then no. Anyone have any luck escalating issues with Citi??
Citi seems to be particularly bad about honoring the terms of this promotion. It took me 9 months and many phone calls over a three month period just to get the 20,000 bonus miles I was entitled to for depositing $10k. It took me an extra three months to start getting the monthly 25% bonus on points earned from spending, too. I saved the promotional flyer I received in the mail and had to fax it to them multiple times. I'd say it took at least 10 calls and faxes to them to finally get everything I was owed. If you're sure you met all the requirements, be prepared to be persistent with them. Otherwise, if it's not worth the effort, you could just cut your losses and move on to depositing your funds into an account that is more worthwhile.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I just got a mailer today and actually read it (normally something I'd just trash).
Looks like if I deposit $10,001, I'd get: 20k bonus miles, and 25% more miles (for the first 50k spend).

Do the 20k and/or the 25% monthly bonus count as LPs as well, or just award miles? Assuming LP now but just want to be sure before I do it. This would have made the difference between PLAT and PPRO for me this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.