Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:02 am

Opened account Sep28th Got miles deposited March 1st statement. No emails. No phone calls.
Now just need to keep 10k in the account to continue the +25% bonus miles on the credit card charges.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
opened account and funded , no miles yet! a month ago, it was "need to wait 60 days". Now it's "60 days keep money in account, 90 days to get miles"
Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: Skypass/Krisflyer
I'm gobsmacked. I went to a Citibank branch to get a cashiers check for $39,000, leaving $11,000 in my Miles Ahead account.
They couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm serious. The teller could not make a cashier's check. Her supervisor could not make a cashier's check. The manager could not make a cashier's check. They tried. Repeatedly they tried. But they said that they didn't know where the account was opened (I opened it online) and without that info they could not make a cashier's check. I opened my Citibank app on my phone for the teller, gave her the Credit Union info I wanted the funds to go to, she entered that info into my Citibank app on my phone (I'm not adept at phones) and then I was told I would have to 1) wait two days while Citi verified my CU account, and then 2) Could only transfer out $15,000 a month by bank to bank transfer. So it would take 3 MONTHS to get my money by ACH transfer. Or, I can pay $25 to have the money moved by wire transfer.

No, people. This is absurd. GIVE ME A FLIPPIN' CASHIER'S CHECK!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:27 pm

Initiate the transfer from the credit union instead of from citibank.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 8:55 pm

How do you file a complaint against a bank with the FDIC?
How to Reach Us
  1. Fax: (703) 812-1020.
  2. Address: 1100 Walnut St., Box #11. Kansas City, MO 64106.
  3. Phone (call toll free): 1-877-275-3342 (1-877-ASK-FDIC) *Hours of operation: Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (EST) Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (EST) Sunday - none.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:47 am

Thanks for that info. Really. Thanks.
Citi left a message for me yesterday saying they had figured out how to do a check.
Coincidence? Maybe. Citi reads this forum? Maybe.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:28 pm

I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I got my 39 grand but it was not easy. I am still having trouble
with Citi because there are one or two more things I need to do and I can't get anyone to help me. I left $10,000 in this account for the 25%
boost but Citi drives me up a wall with their dreadful customer service so I don't think the boost is worth it. I really hate this bank. Changing my flyer program to
one covered by Chase may save my blood pressure.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
opened account and funded , no miles yet! a month ago, it was "need to wait 60 days". Now it's "60 days keep money in account, 90 days to get miles"
I completed the 60 days back in Jan and still don't have the 20k bonus yet either. Has anyone actually gotten these??

After calling, looks like I'm victim of their sneaky terms. I deposited the $10k on the day I opened the account. Because it said to maintain the balance for 60 days, I withdrew on day 70. Turns out that there is a 30 day "deposit period" before the 60 days starts?? Such BS... they are already earning $ off my $10k. Just call it a 90 day period!

Last edited by glocklt4; Apr 26, 2021 at 12:57 pm
Old Apr 26, 2021, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
I completed the 60 days back in Jan and still don't have the 20k bonus yet either. Has anyone actually gotten these??

After calling, looks like I'm victim of their sneaky terms. I deposited the $10k on the day I opened the account. Because it said to maintain the balance for 60 days, I withdrew on day 70. Turns out that there is a 30 day "deposit period" before the 60 days starts?? Such BS... they are already earning $ off my $10k. Just call it a 90 day period!
got my miles, about 5 months on the nose from opening date for my account. I didn't cash out the account till I had a chat session with a rep who said "yes you qualified for the bonus" that I saved for proof in case they were going to try and not award the miles. It just takes awhile. Hope you can re-qualify given your withdrawal.
glocklt4 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by glocklt4
I think it's pretty clear that there is a 30-day waiting period before the 60-day deposit period begins. My problem was after 120 days total I still didn't have my miles and had to call to find out where they are. They finally posted within yet another 30 days.

There is little incentive to keep the account open once you finally get your miles posted to your AAdvantage account. I closed the account and they sent me a check. I've now got the same $50K in an account with Bask Bank where they post 4000+ miles per month to my account. Much better experience.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:26 pm

I guess the little guys win occasionally. Was it your complaint to the CFPB or FDIC? Or did someone here retain an attorney? If so let us know if it will be a class action lawsuit please so we all can collect our five dollar settlement . <<Beginning April 19, 2021, Citi is lifting the six-per-statement limit on transfers from your savings and money market accounts>>
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
No 25% miles bonus for Citibusiness AA card spend?

I noted above the reports that the Citi MilesUp card received the 25% miles bonus on spend, even though that's counter to the T&C for the account (also linked above), which says only AA Select Consumer card gets the bonus.

I just converted my Select personal card to a doublecash card, and opened a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® .

I'm assuming no one is getting the 25% miles boost on this Business card, thanks to their 10K balance?

TIA for any data points.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
got my miles, about 5 months on the nose from opening date for my account. I didn't cash out the account till I had a chat session with a rep who said "yes you qualified for the bonus" that I saved for proof in case they were going to try and not award the miles. It just takes awhile. Hope you can re-qualify given your withdrawal.
I also got my miles exactly after 5 months . How did you withdraw the 50k after that ? Can we do a one time withdraw ?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
I got mine sent by wire.I paid a fee but it was well worth it to get it out of there. As an aside I closed a long standing CC with them last week. I had been offered a $225 retention bonus if i paid my annual fee of $450 . Suffice to say after weeks of waiting I didnt get my retention bonus and upon calling them to ask where it was I was told that the offer to me was a mistake and the agent got confused with an offer from 2020 ! Never again with Citi, lesson learned.
dip2007 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:52 am

I did a pull of the entire amount from Ally Bank, where I usually keep excess funds. I read there are restrictions on push from citibank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.