Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances.
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by sdix
Agree. I have 5 family members with my card. Only really used for lounge access. The AF pays for itself for that purpose.
It’s the best deal out there for this and this alone. The card doesn’t need any additional benefits as far as I am concerned. I’d rather they cut other benefits to preserve this one in fact! But as mentioned, it’s starting to fall into the “too good to go on” category and I too would expect changes.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Access to AS Clubs

I will be flying Alaska out of LAX next week and this will be my first time using the card benefits to access an Alaska club. If I have my AAdvantage number in the Alaska Airlines reservation, will the lounge agents be able to see that I have access? I never received a physical Admirals Club membership card, and I have had the CC for a little over a month. I've accessed Admirals Club locations without showing any cards. If my AAdvantage number is in my Alaska reservation, will the agent be able to see that I have access? I should note that I am the primary card holder.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
I will be flying Alaska out of LAX next week and this will be my first time using the card benefits to access an Alaska club. If I have my AAdvantage number in the Alaska Airlines reservation, will the lounge agents be able to see that I have access? I never received a physical Admirals Club membership card, and I have had the CC for a little over a month. I've accessed Admirals Club locations without showing any cards. If my AAdvantage number is in my Alaska reservation, will the agent be able to see that I have access? I should note that I am the primary card holder.
You just show them your credit card and your boarding pass and you're in.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:04 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
They should, however, I've been asked to present my physical admirals club membership card. I just presented my credit card (it has "Admirals Club" printed on the back), and the agent let me in (they didn't swipe it or anything, just needed to see the physical card itself).
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
You just show them your credit card and your boarding pass and you're in.
Originally Posted by S80
They should, however, I've been asked to present my physical admirals club membership card. I just presented my credit card (it has "Admirals Club" printed on the back), and the agent let me in (they didn't swipe it or anything, just needed to see the physical card itself).
Thanks for the quick responses. I wasn't sure if that would work since authorized cardholders aren't allowed to access AS lounges. I didn't think there was any way for AS lounge personnel to differentiate between primary cardholders and authorized users. Does this mean that authorized users might be able to get in using their CCs even though it isn't technically allowed?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the quick responses. I wasn't sure if that would work since authorized cardholders aren't allowed to access AS lounges. I didn't think there was any way for AS lounge personnel to differentiate between primary cardholders and authorized users. Does this mean that authorized users might be able to get in using their CCs even though it isn't technically allowed?
I'm not positive since I don't have AU cards with mine, but I think only the Primary card has "Admirals Club" on the back of the card. That's how they can tell Primary vs AU.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:49 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
In your original post you mention being the primary card holder, which is what I was going off of. When I presented my card, the agent just stated that they were looking for the "Admirals Club" writing on the back of the card, if your card has that then you should be good to go.

Edit:
According to the T's and C's (https://creditcards.aa.com/citi-exec...ines-direct/):
Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers.
TLDR: Only primary cardholders have access to Alaska lounges. I believe they verify this by the writing on the back of the card. I don't have an AU card to verify if it does or does not have that.

Last edited by S80; Mar 8, 2022 at 8:01 am Reason: Added T's and C's
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:50 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I can confirm that the Primary card will have the "Admirals Club" logo on it. That is what lounge agents use to admit you to the club.
Additional cardholders will NOT have this logo, and therefore Alaska Airlines will NOT let you in the lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum.
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
I can confirm that the Primary card will have the "Admirals Club" logo on it. That is what lounge agents use to admit you to the club.
Additional cardholders will NOT have this logo, and therefore Alaska Airlines will NOT let you in the lounge.
100% correct. They check for the logo, swipe and you're good. AU won't have it.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Citi continues to do business in Russia

I'm glad that I learned that Citi continues to do business in Russia, before I made a large charge on my Citi/AA credit card.

If Citi does not pull out of Russia, my Citi/AA credit card will be hitting the shredder soon.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:21 pm

Will a picture of card work for entry?

I ordered a card for a new authorized user, but Citi sent it to the wrong location (sent to me instead of them) so they won't get it in time for their flight.

If I text the family memher a picture of the front and/or back of their card, is there any chance that they can show this at the admirals club and will be given entry?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
I ordered a card for a new authorized user, but Citi sent it to the wrong location (sent to me instead of them) so they won't get it in time for their flight.

If I text the family memher a picture of the front and/or back of their card, is there any chance that they can show this at the admirals club and will be given entry?
Based upon experience, they will not be admitted. Only the primary member does not have to show the card, they can verify the access eligibility with the AAdvantage membership number. Authorized users must have the card swiped before being admitted to the club.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Based upon experience, they will not be admitted. Only the primary member does not have to show the card, they can verify the access eligibility with the AAdvantage membership number. Authorized users must have the card swiped before being admitted to the club.
Thank you for your answer!
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:58 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK

Technically you need the physical card, but still I think this is worth a try if your family member explains the situation and shows that their ID matches the name on the card. I mean, what's the worst that happens? They just don't get in, and they move on with their lives.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:12 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
AC entry without card?

Citi is horrible--was approved for this card over 2 weeks ago, card was mailed same day 'allegedly', never received, now a new card has been sent because I haven't received the card, and they won't send it overnight even if I wanted to pay for it.
Is there anyway I can get into the AC without the card for my flight Saturday, as I haven't received it yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.