FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:49 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
I will be flying Alaska out of LAX next week and this will be my first time using the card benefits to access an Alaska club. If I have my AAdvantage number in the Alaska Airlines reservation, will the lounge agents be able to see that I have access? I never received a physical Admirals Club membership card, and I have had the CC for a little over a month. I've accessed Admirals Club locations without showing any cards. If my AAdvantage number is in my Alaska reservation, will the agent be able to see that I have access? I should note that I am the primary card holder.
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
Thanks for the quick responses. I wasn't sure if that would work since authorized cardholders aren't allowed to access AS lounges. I didn't think there was any way for AS lounge personnel to differentiate between primary cardholders and authorized users. Does this mean that authorized users might be able to get in using their CCs even though it isn't technically allowed?
In your original post you mention being the primary card holder, which is what I was going off of. When I presented my card, the agent just stated that they were looking for the "Admirals Club" writing on the back of the card, if your card has that then you should be good to go.

Edit:
According to the T's and C's (https://creditcards.aa.com/citi-exec...ines-direct/):
Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers.
TLDR: Only primary cardholders have access to Alaska lounges. I believe they verify this by the writing on the back of the card. I don't have an AU card to verify if it does or does not have that.

Last edited by S80; Mar 8, 2022 at 8:01 am Reason: Added T's and C's